• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Faith (3DS)

Sadist

According to Dutch Nintendo site N1ntendo Konami revealed in their E3 Appointment schedule that Castlevania: Mirror of Faith will be announced exclusively for 3DS. No details at this point, other than David Cox, Producer from Lord of Shadows and Enric Alvarez, director/writer of the same game seem to be working on the game.

Dutch source:

http://www.n1ntendo.nl/article/3805...astlevania-mirror-of-fate-in-de-maak-voor-3ds

Edit²: Apparently, Konami didn't like this New link

Edit: crap, forget the 3DS part in the thread title, mods please help?

ezekial45

Banned
Hmmm.

I was hoping for another Metroidvania game, but David Cox's involved has me interested. Maybe it still will be?

Neiteio

I loved Lords of Shadow and I love my 3DS, but I'd rather play a LoS sequel on PS3 (or PC, gaming gods be willing).

Grisby

Nice, I wanted a Castlevania on my 3DS.

Although I'm a bit disappointed, does this mean no LOS2? Thought Cox was working on it.

Tain

No details at this point, other than David Cox, Producer from Lord of Shadows and Enric Alvarez, director/writer of the same game seem to be working on the game.

wellp, that's one way to stay off my radar

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
My jaw dropped. I was like "WHAT NEW CASTLEVANIA OH MY GOD!!!!!!!111"

But David Cox probably means it's going to be another 3D one.

In other words, I don't fucking care anymore. Keep it up Konami -- you haven't made a good game in years, so why start now?

Too bad.
I'd rather have a new IGAvania.

Finally sat down and played through Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin again. Could be I'm just suffering from that "Don't know what you got 'till it's gone." feeling but damn. They're fun games with some good ideas.

LiK

Direct sequel to LoS on 3DS? i'll be sad. LoS was fantastic and I want a sequel with the same engine.

wrowa

I was excited until I read that one of the Lord of Shadows dudes is involved. All I want is another 2D Igavania. :( Hopefully Alvarez will only be responsible for the story.

Well, if this rumor is true, at least.

Kokonoe

Banned
Someone's going to have to tell me what "Igavania" means now.

Anyways, it'd be great to see another linear 2D Castlevania with the whip.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hehe, I've known this for a while. It's in 2D, it's for 3DS and it's made by Mercury Steam.

You serious?

Now I'm conflicted.

2D = good. Castlevania has to be 2D, frankly... we've seen why about 5-6 times now.

But Mercury Steam = I don't care. It's got to be Iga.

So... fuck.

Skilletor

Someone's going to have to tell me what "Igavania" means now.

Anyways, it'd be great to see another linear 2D Castlevania with the whip.

Any GBA or DS Castlevania and SotN.

So what's Iga up to now if anything?

He's responsible for providing Kojima with coffee. He also presses play on Kojima's bluray movies when Kojima wishes, and pauses when Kojima has to take a phone call.

I too hope this is a Metroidvania, but if this goes the old school route and plays like Super Castlevania IV, Bloodlines, or Rondo of Blood, then I'm sold.

Top Bottom