• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Finally played Where is My Heart? and it is a really cool yet mind bending game. Really like it. But Velocity (Free Mini for plus members) is just awesome. The teleporting mechanic s awesome and totally didn't see that coming. Also put a bunch of other Minis I have been stock playing, including Canabalt which has an awesome theme song btw. And they all look great on the Vita. I was worried they would look terrible because they are minis but Where is My Heart? looks perfect, probably because it is pixel art but still.

Any other must own minis that can be played on the Vita? I have besides the aformentioned;

Mechos War
God who saves the pilgrims
Age of Zombies
Blast Off

Havent kept up with the situation, but you are EU user? Still not working for US I assume?

Disguises

I was just about to post about how annoyingly long the Gravity Rush demo load times are...then I played the game. I'll let the game off this time for being so damn interesting :). Plus the load times were before I played the game, there doesn't seem to be any during gameplay. Will probably buy this.

Sylver

Banned
Where is the resistance demo on EU PSN?

Damn you SCEE....

I got it yesterday. :S
Eavsz.png

Havent kept up with the situation, but you are EU user? Still not working for US I assume?

US user but Where is My Heart and Canabalt and Velocity must be done through the PS3 via download and transfer. One thing I didn't know and perhaps you or someone else as well is that you can only transfer if the game is not installed on the PS3, meaning it is still in the uninstalled bubble.

I really wish AT&T would get their heads out of their asses and offer reasonably priced data plans for the 3G Vita. I would love to have my Vita always connected, but no way am I spending $15/month for a 250MB d/l limit--what a scam!

Are those NA vitas simlocked ?

Can't you just buy some pre-paid for it ?

Ken

Play the Resistance demo and didn’t care for it. Maybe if it goes on sale (PSN) I’ll buy it for the multiplayer. Also started the Gravity Rush demo but didn’t bother playing it, as I’ve already done so, just wanted to see what the voice acting was like. I’m guessing it’s just going to be English subs for the full game?

There is very little voice acting in Gravity Rush. By little I mean only the narrator really has any lines.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
US user but Where is My Heart and Canabalt and Velocity must be done through the PS3 via download and transfer. One thing I didn't know and perhaps you or someone else as well is that you can only transfer if the game is not installed on the PS3, meaning it is still in the uninstalled bubble.

Woo, so all the games you mentioned need to be dl'ed via PS3 and then transferred? Is there a list of Minis that work that way (for US accounts)?

Woo, so all the games you mentioned need to be dl'ed via PS3 and then transferred? Is there a list of Minis that work that way (for US accounts)?

Yeah I didn't see any of those on the Vita store or downloadable via the download list (which would still require a PS3). So I had to download and transfer all 3 via the PS3. There was a list in the Original Post but they have made a lot more titles compatible so I am not sure if the list is fully updated now. Nemesis might know more.

Toma

Yeah I didn't see any of those on the Vita store or downloadable via the download list (which would still require a PS3). So I had to download and transfer all 3 via the PS3. There was a list in the Original Post but they have made a lot more titles compatible so I am not sure if the list is fully updated now. Nemesis might know more.

Archnemesis? Any other nemesis? I really would love a full list of compatible US minis.

theBishop

Banned
yup.

I wonder if they selling alot or even a decent amount of these plans....seems insane to me

i keep forgetting to cancel mine. Definitely paid more than I would have for Super Stardust outright... and had to wait a month to play it. Gotta cancel that shit tonight, I rarely use it.

Kerub

Banned
I have this same problem - what kind of router do you have? I'm using an Apple Time Capsule and the download speed is consistently terrible. My Vita won't auto-connect to it and downloading anything off the PSN store is way slower than any other device. I've heard from others with Airport base stations that they're in the same boat—the Vita just doesn't like it.

Haven't been following this thread so sorry for a late answer.

It's one of the cheaper Netgear wireless-n routers. The wierd thing is I have two computers, a 360 and 3DS connected to the wifi too but I only get crap speeds on the Vita.

panda21

I love my vita <3

tempted to get something new for it, am I right in thinking if i buy ridge racer and the gold and silver packs i will have all the DLC, giving me 9 tracks? sounds pretty good to me.

I'm thinking about katamari or dynasty warriors too :S

Kerub

Banned
I love my vita <3

tempted to get something new for it, am I right in thinking if i buy ridge racer and the gold and silver packs i will have all the DLC, giving me 9 tracks? sounds pretty good to me.

Hot shot golf if you don't have it!

And the disgaea 3 port seems to be pretty good too if you like those games.

Currently having a hard time finding a copy of BlazBlue for a decent price. Am in Australia and all the will-ship-to-aus online stores are failing me :(

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I also have really good download speeds on my PS3 and Vita, despite having issues and getting NAT 3. I have my ports forwarded, but I don't know why it's not Nat 2.

I still update the OP whenever I get new information about compatibility. The last update was like a week ago, but I'm sure there are games I have missed.

Cool, looking at the list canabalt, where is my heart, and velocity minis all work in the US but only via the PS3.

I don't think there is a good or even efficient way of breaking down which games are available in the vita store and which require a PS3 to transfer. Maybe a denotation for the oft asked about titles would work like Where is My Heart. Be awesome if they would just put all of the compatible titles in the vita store and save US all the trouble.

panda21

Hot shot golf if you don't have it!

And the disgaea 3 port seems to be pretty good too if you like those games.

Hot shots was my first purchase, the price is insanely cheap in the UK

I m tempted by disparate but I already have disgaea 1 and tactics ogre from my psp.

My vita collection is currently hot shots, unit 13 and lumines

Flunkie

Banned
Debating on P3P to tide me over. Only real experience with jrpgs are Chrono Trigger and one of the Pokemon games. Would I like it? I made the mistake in buying the old Harvest Moon port.

Also, when's the TOMB (Montezuma Blitz) patch hitting?

orioto

Good Art™
Debating on P3P to tide me over. Only real experience with jrpgs are Chrono Trigger and one of the Pokemon games. Would I like it? I made the mistake in buying the old Harvest Moon port.

I've downloaded an update for TOMB and it's pretty insane. Lots of things added.

mangaroo

Banned
I love my vita <3

If the price is right for you, go for it. Ridge Racer has a decent selection of maps now (totalling 9+reversible) that leaves you wanting some more but not table flipping demanding more like how it shipped. Pick and choose which audio tracks you want as you'll be flooded with tunes. Cars are decently varied with the packs too. Decent game for a RR fan. Just remember that they went with XP + unlocks in lieu of a traditional campaign as well as some other ...shitty things (car speed tied to rank - no options in other races etc). So it is limited still, better with online (download ghosts -can't store for offline + online races) than offline - only really spot races/time trial and this special 1v1 racing mode that only uses the 3 default tracks and their reverse. The default offline ghosts for single player are extremely limited (same as the original speed car from what I can tell (when you are rank 0) so no challenge).

Katamari is awesome too, great game and they just keep on releasing the new content for it. I enjoyed a lot of the levels but wish they had more "huge" levels. Still, glad I bought. Only trouble is the way you get the "fan damacy" items to unlock the DLC - either randomly pick them up - not often (after milking certain easy to acquire stages the odds drop ridiculously) OR buying them... but at least it adds incentive to keep playing because unless you dish out for them or spend 50hours trying to get the items by restarting levels then you will have levels to unlock.

Tbh you should just buy wipeout, practice and then pretty much forget about other games (till a few weeks anyway).

Mileena

Banned

Well it's not like those games at all. There's only one dungeon in the entire game and a lot of time is spent building your social links which is essentially a dating sim. I got P3P because of GAF hype and was so mindfucked that anyone enjoyed the game. It was terrible. Apparently P4 is better but I don't think I want to give the series another chance.

GET P3P! I command you. Have I ever led you wrong? *skyrim melting your PC doesn't count*

you misunderstand me, I enjoy the whole series, but I would have to say that both 2's (every way except gameplay itself, sadly) and 4 are clearly above 1 and 3

They are all great, but he specifically asked about P3P. I think its a great starting point for the series. And its cheaper then IS.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I deleted blazblue to download gravity and resistance demos, please tell me that i haven't lost my progress :(

patsu

I love P3P ~

Still playing it... nearing the end now. ^_^

It's way too long, but did I say I love the game ?

[Persona ! *BANG*]

EDIT: I also bought Persona 2, once I realized that I like P3P.

I love P3P ~

Still playing it... nearing the end now. ^_^

It's way too long, but did I say I love the game ?

[Persona ! *BANG*]

EDIT: I also bought Persona 2, once I realized that I like P3P.

that might have been a misstep, the thing is, persona 2 is VASTLY different than 3 and 4, and 2 arguably has the worst game play of all of them, but by far the best story and characters. If you can deal with that, then go right on ahead, but just a heads up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom