• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon - Fall 2012 - Developed by PlayGround Games

Fox Mulder

After the TDU2 fiasco, I'm anxious for a good open world driving game.

Hope this one delivers.

TDU2's main problems were the shit servers, poor publisher support, and driving physics. The environments of Oahu and Ibiza were great with plenty of roads to race around on, even if the laughable story was trying to get in the way.

I have more faith in MS pulling it off than Atari.

Weird, Playground Games logo nowhere to be seen?

Yeah, this is kind of irritating me. MS does this sometimes (Kinect Sports, etc, on the front cover anyway). I hope they realize it's stupid and they put the developer on the front. Perhaps they do it because if the game sucks they don't want to associate their MS name with Playground Games? (In contrast to Turn 10, a consistently good developer.) Not sure.

-Pixel-

Neo Member
First facts ahead E3 2012

- Forza Motorsport 4 physics optimized for off-road
- 65 grounds like mud, gravel, grass, tarmac etc.
- reduced damage
- open world with dynamic day/night
- colorado environment/panorama with detailed foresight
- festivel with a huge drivable area and car service stations, paintshops, car dealers etc. on it
- events like mustang vs. mustang or racecar vs. jet

source: ForzaLife

- reduced damage
- festivel with a huge drivable area and car service stations, paintshops, car dealers etc. on it

Whoaa, this is sounding interesting.

Although reduced damage? I want cars falling apart!

TheOddOne

- reduced damage

Whoa.

Shaneus

Great interview with Dan on Horizon (possibly old?). Great to hear him reference some awesome old studios like Blackrock, Bizarre(!!) and even Psygnosis. Knowing the DNA from those studios will be in Horizon is like a mysterious flashing light to me... even though it may not be good, I know I have to check it out.

And Fall 2012 (and for that matter, Summer 2012)... when is that referencing, exactly? As an Aussie with different reference points for seasons, I honestly have no idea what dates these people are aiming for.

I'm not super stoked with the "Forza physics" (would prefer, and would think that PGR4 physics would be better suited) but everything else sounds awesome. Just pull back on the US-centric cars, pls.

saladine1

- reduced damage

I know it's early, but the lack of any mention in regards to car customization and upgrades has me very fucking worried!!!

G Rom

The game is pretty much confirmed to be 30 fps if all of this is true. There's no way they can pull off an open world with dynamic time of day and FM4's physics at 60 fps.
I just hope we'll see those all this off-road physics work in FM5.

The game is pretty much confirmed to be 30 fps if all of this is true. There's no way they can pull off an open world with dynamic time of day and FM4's physics at 60 fps.
I just hope we'll see those all this off-road physics work in FM5.

Burnout/Hot Pursuit did it. Just because the physics weren't realistic they were still impressive as far as processing power goes. Specially burnout.

amar212

- reduced damage

Well, I be damned.

Day one purchase.

My wheel awaits for this kind of fun since the first TDU.

Xanadu

Banned

- reduced damage

meh, i'll wait for 5

Optimized for off road makes me think simpler physics with forced steer assist on or something, keeping it as sim like as forza 4 would scare away people after a week.

G Rom

Oh, thought it was 60 :p

Yeah it was 30 fps on consoles. It had dynamic time of day and weather, open world and was multi platform though so overall, a pretty impressive achievement IMO.

I hope Horizon will get a nice AA solution like Halo 4's FXAA, HP was a jagged nightmare in some parts of the map, especially on a 1080p set.

adelante

Dynamic time of day alone makes me believe this will run at 30fps (on top of the fact that it's an open world game), in which case it won't be too much to ask for an impressive lighting engine. Don't disappoint me Playground Games!

-Pixel-

Neo Member
Bunch of screenshots

screenshot-forza-horizon-11.jpg

screenshot-forza-horizon-05.jpg

Source: ForzaLife

G Rom

Seems like good graphics are a given but then again, with the pedigree PG has, I wasn't really worried about that.

The SRT Viper is an unreleased car that was simultaneously unveiled in Forza 4 (via a trailer) and at the NY Motor Show. It's also the car on the cover of the game. It had to be expected that we'd see it a lot in screenshots.
Hopefully they'll add the original RT/10 and the GTS along the new one...

I hope there's a lot of Easter Eggs, the world needs to feel alive as well.

Yeah, the roads look way too empty at the moment. It could be for the first images though.

Looks great!

I have a feeling Ferrari won't be in the game though, sadly.

Why do you assume that ? Ferrari and Microsoft have a great relationship dating back to the Xbox days. Microsoft have exclusive rights to Ferrari on the Xbox 360 and even exclusive rights to some cars on all platforms IIRC.
It would be quite shocking if Ferrari wasn't in the game IMO, way more than Porsche not being in FM4.
Actually, it will be interesting to see if Porsche will end up in Horizon since some rumors said that the deal was for more than the FM4's Porsche Expansion Pack.

Top Bottom