• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Daddy and Nathan Drake revealed for PlayStation All Stars

Drencrom

The official Playstation page on Facebook started some popularity polls on Battle Royale charcthers.

Nathan Drake (Uncharted) and Big Daddy (Bioshock) are new ones.

https://www.facebook.com/PlayStation

v0yjH.png

zyeuS.png

Edit:

New site up.

http://playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/

Check back tonight at 8pm Pacific for big E3 news!

SykoTech

Big Daddy, eh? Well, Little Sister was in that PlayStation commerical...

The 3rd party character lineup should be quite interesting.

KingK

Big Daddy is an absolutely terrible idea for a character in this game. All the third party characters you have to choose from, and you pick the icon of a series that was exclusive to the 360 originally, and (iirc) sold like shit on the PS3 anyway when it did come over. What the fuck. This just cancelled out the optimism I had for the roster that Parappa had given me.

This is making me start to worry again that they may just try to shove in a bunch of currently popular characters that have nothing to do with Playstation. This is making me think that the retarded James Bond rumor may actually be true. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Soap from CoD or something now. Fucking shit. I was already super skeptical about their KO system, but was holding out hope for a really solid roster. Now I'm just really skeptical about the whole game.

Meh, not a big fan of Bioshock so this doesn't really excite me. Love the support from the Third parties though. And Nathan Drake was pretty much a given, along with Jak, Ratchet and Sack Boy, so not very surprised with him either.

Whoever runs the PS Facebook is probably going to get a stern talking to.

You know, you guys are forgetting that these might still be mock up battles, like gamefaqs does all the time... wait, I didn't mean to mention them. I'M SORRY!

Anyway yeah, Nathan Drake is a given but.... a Big Daddy? I guess I can see it working but it's still a bit weird.

Can't say I'm too excited for a Big Daddy in this, especially since there's so many more important Sony characters and even 3rd party characters. Guess I'll wait to see how he plays...

Big Daddy is a great choice for a 3rd party character.

Big Daddy is an absolutely terrible idea for a character in this game. All the third party characters you have to choose from, and you pick the icon of a series that was exclusive to the 360 originally, and (iirc) sold like shit on the PS3 anyway when it did come over. What the fuck. This just cancelled out the optimism I had for the roster that Parappa had given me.

This is making me start to worry again that they may just try to shove in a bunch of currently popular characters that have nothing to do with Playstation. This is making me think that the retarded James Bond rumor may actually be true. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Soap from CoD or something now. Fucking shit. I was already super skeptical about their KO system, but was holding out hope for a really solid roster. Now I'm just really skeptical about the whole game.

In the gaming world James Bond is barely as iconic as Big Daddy.

Drencrom

Yeah, he doesn't strike me as a 3rd party character synonymous with Playstation but he's a cool character nonetheless.

Feels more like future DLC to me.

In the gaming world James Bond is barely as iconic as Big Daddy.

I definitely agree with this though. Bond has lost a lot of cred since Goldeneye fell of the map years ago, it wasn't milked into a franchise like other games have been since. Look at the Goldeneye reboot, it sold poorly didn't it? Bioshock is one of the most iconic franchises to date IMO, the Big Daddy was instantly iconic due to it's size and power. I just worry it won't stand out as much as it could.

It's nice to see that Sly was ahead of both Fat Princess and Sweet Tooth on the poll. I don't know, but it just brings a smile to my face.

sn00zer

Reminds me of Sonic or Snake in Brawl....I fucking love Bioshock so Im glad he's in, couldnt give a shit if he's not sony enough

Salsa

Big Daddy is pretty surprising. Between DLC and all that I always associated Bioshock more with the Xbox, like with COD.

Kyon

Banned
*screams*

This BROADENS our prediction in terms of 3rd party involvement. Square plz contribute thanx (Yuna)

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Were those Facebook polls deleted? I don't see them.

There was 3 of them, and some nutcase kept posting about a random chess encounter, while another nutcase kept saying Bayonetta!

The latter nutcase was me.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That is pretty cool having Big Daddy in there, nice to see that those 3rd party characters that are in the game are going to be quite varied.

Salsa

I'll still laugh if they somehow dont manage to get Crash in here though. That'd be a fucking disaster.

kewlmyc

I agree. I like Bioshock, but Bioshock isn't a series that you see and automatically think of PlayStation. Maybe Big Daddy being in the game has to do with Bioshock Infinite coming with a copy of Bioshock if you get it on the PS3.

We better get fucking Crash and Spyro if they're including Big Daddy as a character.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sony sabotaging leaks by doing it themselves. Brilliant.

Big Daddy is awesome. Not really something I associate with Playstation at all but still cool.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How much do you want to bet they'll have Sonic, too?

Top Bottom