• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/12/12 - Babel Rising (Move) | Gravity Rush (Vita)

Triz

pinball arcade dlc should be 4.99 for both sets of tables. I think you can buy them seperate at a higher price point.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Is there any chance for new free PS Plus stuff this week, or do they give us all the free stuff up front at the beginning of the month?

I'd be super happy if they gave us Tomba free next month.
even though I already own the disc, I'm greedy

Eusis

I'd be super happy if they gave us Tomba free next month.
even though I already own the disc, I'm greedy
Ugh, I'd actually be annoyed. Give it free a month later, I'd like to buy it and keep it.

Actually, scratch that. All these freebies should have the option to actually BUY games even if they're offered for free, hopefully that gets overhauled eventually.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Ugh, I'd actually be annoyed. Give it free a month later, I'd like to buy it and keep it.

Actually, scratch that. All these freebies should have the option to actually BUY games even if they're offered for free, hopefully that gets overhauled eventually.

I was thinking about that with Virtua Fighter... but ya know what - there's absolutely no point. Just buy the game once your PSN Plus subscription is up, it'll probably be on sale by then.

If anything there's greater risk for dumbassery because you could accidentally click "Purchase" instead of "Download" and be out because you clicked through too fast.

Mrbob

Grace Chen Time is the best time. No one wants to play Gravity Rush anyway. Not like we would want the store updated for one of the bigger recent Vita releases.

At the very least I hope SCEA offers Vita sales like SCEE is doing. I'll pick up Escape Plan if it goes half off.

Izick

Now I want to play Metal Gear: Ghost Babel.

Pnqug.jpg

Takao

Banned
Grace Chen Time is the best time. No one wants to play Gravity Rush anyway. Not like we would the store updated for one of the bigger recent Vita releases.

It's amazing. These guys got Mass Effect 3 up on midnight but can't bother to do the same for their own games.

UberTag

It's amazing. These guys got Mass Effect 3 up on midnight but can't bother to do the same for their own games.
Dude, Gravity Rush is SO not a Sony game. Clearly it would have gotten loads of coverage in last week's press conference if it did.
Now that Assassin's Creed III? THAT's a Sony game. Showed up not once but TWICE in that hour.

segarr

I guess the E3 show floor demos are ok for game journalists but they're not polished enough for the general populace. I still expect more demos released during this time each year but it never happens. Imagine a Last of Us demo put up right now :eek:

Dude, Gravity Rush is SO not a Sony game. Clearly it would have gotten loads of coverage in last week's press conference if it did.
Now that Assassin's Creed III? THAT's a Sony game. Showed up not once but TWICE in that hour.

I was about to mention how half of Sony's releases this year(GR, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, Resistance, to name a few) haven't gotten much coverage or marketing, but then I sensed the sarcasm.

Good show.

Eusis

I was thinking about that with Virtua Fighter... but ya know what - there's absolutely no point. Just buy the game once your PSN Plus subscription is up, it'll probably be on sale by then.

If anything there's greater risk for dumbassery because you could accidentally click "Purchase" instead of "Download" and be out because you clicked through too fast.
Point, to a degree at least. There's times when a game is on sale though, but you CAN'T get it because you already have it for free through PlayStation Plus, or worse it directly coincides with offering it for free.

Carl

I love how the US team have consistently updated quite early for the last few weeks...

Until today, when at least 2 games (MGS, Gravity Rush) that people are looking forward to, are being released.

It's hilarious to watch. SCEE may be terrible at some things, but at least they can pick an update window and keep to it 90% of weeks.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

T'is a shame. Midnight would be ideal, but even 1PM sharp like Steam would be great. Sony should be encouraging people to buy digitally, and having your customers wait upwards of several hours after retail stores open isn't gonna help with that. Remote downloading and preloading would be sweet too, but I shouldn't get ahead of myself.

I love how the US team have consistently updated quite early for the last few weeks...

Until today, when at least 2 games (MGS, Gravity Rush) that people are looking forward to, are being released.

It's hilarious to watch. SCEE may be terrible at some things, but at least they can pick an update window and keep to it 90% of weeks.

we are having technical difficulties.

krumble

F*****g Grace Chen time... Been checking every hour the past 5 hours
I give up (uk) will goto bed and buy in morning (GR)

DiscoJer

Well, when the PSPGo came out, they did the midnight thing for high profile PSP releases for about a month, then didn't bother with it anymore.

mochuuu

PSN Community Mgr.
Apologies for the delay in today's Store Update. The publish is still coming, but may be as many as a few hours away.

Apologies for the delay in today's Store Update. The publish is still coming, but may be as many as a few hours away.

Thanks for posting the updated info. :)

At some point we'd love to hear more about the publishing process and why it isn't just done at a set time every week.

AleeN634

Thanks for the update mochuuu. The updates have been on time for the last few weeks which I hope this kind of situation becomes a rarity.

VanWinkle

I would honestly love to know why this only happens in the US, although I never expect to hear the reasoning there. I mean, Sony can't get their own games out at midnight, or at least in the morning? The whole thing is just bizarre.

Top Bottom