• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Hahaha, fucking awesome thread title.

Spain will win this by humiliating the German pretenders. The rest is just a formality, wake me when the DVD highlights are released

ibqxASICLsw0n5.gif

mozfan12

Banned
I think they were a bit green in 2008. Fun, but green. 2010 was just fantastic, they basically rolled over everyone in their path.

2012 is being too difficult without Villa.

Not even: Portugal, Holland, Chile, even Paraguay gave them hell. They are the side that has won the World Cup with the least amount of goals.

Raist

Banned
What kind of bullshit refereeing was this?

France didn't play well, but the amount of spanish diving and bias was an absolute joke.

Hate in peace, man.Can't wait till Spain lose its title like Contador.

Can't believe Spain cares so much about Les Guignols lol
The hate is because The Guignols included some hard working sportsmen that had done nothing to deserve it and some stupid rivalry between France and Spain that should be put to an end IMO.

Other than that, I find The Guignols funny. To be honest, most Spaniards love making fun of ourselves so don't pay too much attention about what the media on both countries says.

I say this as someone who's from Spain and has French family and we constantly laugh at all this things. People are usually better than countries at understanding each other.

Acidote

Reality is the guignols are awesome and all the buzz around it comes from the needs of mass media to center the public opinion on an external agent to hide the "turmoil" we are in right now. We should forget about it.

NHale

me neither, but that's exactly what they'll do.

At least I hope Paulo Bento isn't dumb enough to change half the team to play ultra defensive like Laurent Blanc did today.

The deciding factor will be Miguel Veloso ability to stop Iniesta so we will probably lose 6-0. Joao Pereira is so hot headed that he will probably "kill" Jordi Alba if he keeps flopping like Cristiano Ronaldo.

You mad? We even had a penalty on the first minutes the ref didn't wanted to see.

Complaining about referees not seeing penalties after Busquets did a wrestling move on Corluka that would have put Spain out of the quarter finals is hilarious.

Yager

Banned
The only people in Spain that cares about Gignoles are the newsmedia. The rest doesn't give a damn about what they do.

So Spain is boring because opponents are too scared to attack us? Is Spains fault that France put out a defensive formation? Lol

I get the hate because we been in good form and had luck to win. But let's face it winning this tournaments is not easy. Some teams defend like Chelsea in the. Cl final and Spain keeps possession. Want the ball? Come and get it.

Spain games are boring because often times the opposing team tries to counter their attacks on mid-field already and it ends up being a fight on the midfield for ball posession.

It is odd to see so many teams choosing the "defend on first half and attack on second half" strategy, it almost never seems to work out...I bet England will follow exactly that strategy tomorrow as well - defend and try to score with counters. Predicting a 3-1 end result, Italy winning with the majority of goals taking place in second half.

Exactly. Spain are'nt in many great games because the "supposed" way to beat them is to defend for your life and knick a goal.

It usually takes two teams to make a good game. Teams defend deep against them so Spain play patient football trying to create chances.

Are they supposed to just give the ball away?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
that arsenal/barcelona match in 2010 (ended 2-2) first 25 minutes are still the best exhibition of football I've ever seen. that was magical, spain would never achieve something like that.

I was trying to find a video of it on youtube but can't :(

Visceir

Hmm, does anyone have a source for who won the second half of the match? My betting site counted it as a draw even though Spain scored a goal. Would love to check up on it.

Can't be because the goal took place on extra time as they previously counted the greece goal vs russia that was also scored on extra time.

Booya

Neo Member
Can someone tell me why there is not game for third place?
Is it some UEFA bs trying to do all few things different the FIFA does right?

Yager

Banned
that arsenal/barcelona match in 2010 (ended 2-2) first 25 minutes are still the best exhibition of football I've ever seen. that was magical, spain would never achieve something like that.

Yup. Spain will never play as good as Barça for one simple reason: Messi.

I agree Spain's possession tactics, when ahead, are annoying to watch. It's effectively a defensive posture for them; thats how they defend. I'd like to see a comparison of goals conceded in the last 15 games for all the remaining teams. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Spanish conceded the least, and scored the most.

In all seriousness though, I would love to see them involved in a open end to end game with the Germans, for example. But I just can't see it. They will keep the ball, score, and kill the game by keeping the ball again; it is negative football; it is anti-football and I wish they'd give their fans value for money but I suppose pressure of winning is too great

Celine

France was embarassing they never pressed with the whole team and relied only on Benzema or Ribery to try to score some goal.

Tau

Was there ever any doubt?

And those bemoaning Spain as boring, I hope you weren't part of the contingent arguing the sport is all about the result and not the style.

Spain will win this by humiliating the German pretenders. The rest is just a formality, wake me when the DVD highlights are released

Germany are disciplined, but yet can make their games entertaining whilst controlling the game and get the result. Spain are a good side but man they play boring, no urgency at all.

I agree Spain's possession tactics, when ahead, are annoying to watch. It's effectively a defensive posture for them; thats how they defend. I'd like to see a comparison of goals conceded in the last 15 games for all the remaining teams. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Spanish conceded the least, and scored the most.

In all seriousness though, I would love to see them involved in a open end to end game with the Germans, for example. But I just can't see it. They will keep the ball, score, and kill the game by keeping the ball again; it is negative football; it is anti-football and I wish they'd give their fans value for money but I suppose pressure of winning is too great

But some of the blame must go to the other teams as well, surely. If the majority of the game is spent in your opponents half it would be seen as dominating, good football.

But people are getting bored Spains dominance and redefining what great football should look like.

Wilbur

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/muGiB.jpg[/IG]
[url]http://www.telecinco.es/eurocopa/partidos/espana-francia/Francia-La_Roja-Eurocopa_3_1637866257.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw it. It's still fucking ridiculous you think it was a penalty. Accidental clipping of heels when they're both looking at the ball? Talking shit.

Raist

Banned

Kyoufu

Even british commentators said there was absolutely nothing to see there. Nor for the penalty spain actually got. Does say a lot.

On the other hand, spanish defenders falling like flies (like when Menez got his card for shouting at the referee) as soon as france got a little too close to spain's goal posts was perfectly fair too, I guess?

Can you please stop? France played like shit and only have themselves to blame for losing. Jesus.

patapuf

But some of the blame must go to the other teams as well, surely. If the majority of the game is spent in your opponents half it would be seen as dominating, good football.

But people are getting bored Spains dominance and redefining what great football should look like.

the problem with spains domination is that the spaniards play very conservatively with their advantage. Where a team like germany takes the risk to loose the ball by going for a goal spain prefers to do a pass back unless the situation is perfect.

So we have a defensive team and a team that takes no risk but is so superior that the defending team can't counterattack. That makes a boring game since neither team brings many shots on goal nor is there some kind of back and forth.

edit: i'm not saying spain is wrong to play like they play but it's not some kind of super pretty spectacular football.

Raist

Banned
Can you please stop? France played like shit and only have themselves to blame for losing. Jesus.

Not sure what you're on about. I did say in my first post that France didn't play well. That doesn't excuse or justify the bullshit. Would call it out even if it was Ghana - Ecuador.

Kyoufu

Not sure what you're on about. I did say in my first post that France didn't play well. That doesn't excuse or justify the bullshit. Would call it out even if it was Ghana - Ecuador.

It's funny because you act like France were the only team to get yellow carded.

Messi

I like the 5-0 against Madrid. I think they played some sexy football in that game. Same with the Arsenal game. First half of this years Copa del Rey final vs Bilbao as well

CassSept

What kind of bullshit refereeing was this?

France didn't play well, but the amount of spanish diving and bias was an absolute joke.

Wait what.

Spain usually dive, sure, but calling it out on this match? Oh come on.

Edit: PS. What was the previous title, I just came back home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom