• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Nice to see they brought it over to North America as well, glad I don't have to import it now.

Was surprised that 2-Day shipping wasn't that much more than the normal shipping (only was like $4 difference for me), though.

Lucent

It's pretty nice, I got it as a bonus with the Japanese copy of the game.

Yeah, it's cool that they got it as a bonus instead of having to get a special edition. Because personally I could do without the DLC or the plush. But I guess I have no choice. lol >_< I just hope they put that money back on my account. Didn't really wanna put down that much 7 months in advance. =/

Nice to see they brought it over to North America as well, glad I don't have to import it now.

Was surprised that 2-Day shipping wasn't that much more than the normal shipping (only was like $4 difference for me), though.

Same for me. Was almost a $3 difference so I said why not?

Nice to see that'll come to NA.

Was about to preorder it but I saw that the final price plus tax was about 120, so kinda hesitant on ordering it right now.

The pending charge is just to verify the account, it should be refunded shortly. It's pretty typical for online shops. The Store Help page says:

When will my credit card be charged?
For purchases of physical products, you won't be billed until your product is shipped. This includes any preordered or backordered products. If your items are shipped separately you will be billed each time a product is shipped.

If having ~$100 gone from your account for maybe a few days will put you at risk of overdrafting then you should definitely wait though.

Lucent

The pending charge is just to verify the account, it should be refunded shortly. It's pretty typical for online shops. The Store Help page says:

If having ~$100 gone from your account for maybe a few days will put you at risk of overdrafting then you should definitely wait though.

Yeah I'll be okay. I just hope they do return it in a few days because...well, you never know. lol. Just wanted to secure a pre-order for this thing.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wasn't the book the main reason why the DS version never got localised?

Probably because it's not as good >>

I really don't know but if it was something up to the PS3 versions caliber then I would be clamoring for it but it won't be missed based on what I've seen.

Lucent

Probably because it's not as good >>

I really don't know but if it was something up to the PS3 versions caliber then I would be clamoring for it but it won't be missed based on what I've seen.

That's what I was thinking. I thought the DS version was pretty much like this but the PS3 version has more content and looks prettier.

LadyRiven

Wow, 300 page book. Looks nice! This game is on my must-buy list and I'll certainly be pre-ordering the collector's edition once it's available on Amazon.

+1 for DCC

I think you should be okay. It's not like they have a problem with Canadians getting the game, they just don't want to ship it to us. I doubt there are any legal reasons for the exclusivity, Namco are just being jerks.

Most likely, with their store not shipping outside of the US, they're going to have to make it an exclusive pre-order through a retailer in Canada, EB games most likely, which fine with me, since I live close to one, and I can cancel my order through Namco-Bandai and save $8-9 US on the shipping.

Now that I've actually placed the order, every time Thunderbird dings that I have a new email, I keep thinking it's from Namco-Bandai telling me that they've cancelled my pre-order.

zroid

Banned
Most likely, with their store not shipping outside of the US, they're going to have to make it an exclusive pre-order through a retailer in Canada, EB games most likely, which fine with me, since I live close to one, and I can cancel my order through Namco-Bandai and save $8-9 US on the shipping.

This is definitely a possible scenario. I just hope EB steps up. Obviously Amazon.ca won't
because they're awful
, and a BB/FS exclusive will never happen.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Really glad North America gets it as well. Thought we would miss out on another CE I wanted.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wasn't the book the main reason why the DS version never got localised?

DS market is pretty dead for these types of games now + retail shelf space. The DS version HAD to come with the book. The PS3 version has an in-game version of it.

Takao

Banned
If it's anything like every other Level-5 console RPG, they're improving the game. See: WKC 1&2, Rogue Galaxy, DQ8.

But Kagari said they aren't touching the difficulty which is one of the faults from the Japanese version IIRC.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
But Kagari said they aren't touching the difficulty which is one of the faults from the Japanese version IIRC.

I know the main problem was the terrible voice acting.

Takao

Banned
I know the main problem was the terrible voice acting.

From what I've seen in the trailer the dub is nice. English voice acting is usually pretty well done in Level-5 localizations (probably because so many of them were handled by Nintendo, and Sony) so no worries there.

Cheska

So glad I saw that this was updated to say it was coming to NA too. Placed an order, $121 with two day shipping doesn't seem horrible, especially when it looks like a really nicely arranged CE.

Eusis

What was wrong with the difficulty? Too easy? Too hard?
Too easy, apparently. But after some of WD's well meaning attempts to raise difficulty that made a game less likeable to me and many others I'd rather just have them err on the side of ease. The sweet spot is the best, but if I had to stick with extremes I'd rather stick with the one where I can actually beat the game. May quit out of apathy though.

EDIT: Damn, word for word with Takao.

ReaperXL7

It sold WAY better than the PS3 version.

I don't know if it's true i'm not japanese, but from what I've heard the DS version may have hurt peoples opinion of the PS3 version. I have not played it, but i've heard the DS version is not good, while people that I know that have imported the PS3 version say it's very good.

Won't know myself until this is released though, but I actually like Level 5 and the large majority of their games.

any information on if the CE will be exclusive to Namcos site, or will I be able to pre order it from elsewhere. I don't like getting charged for stuff until it's shipped personally.

Why does that have to be such a negative? I understand wanting a challenge but not every game has to compete with the likeness of Demons/Dark Souls.

I agree with this quite abit, if a game is challanging then so be it, but it does not have to be in order to be good, or great. I love the Demon's Souls/Dark Souls games, but I do feel that in some cases they have really screwed up peoples perception for games that are not them.

Aeana

They're adding an easy mode to the game. It's commonly complained that it's too difficult, so they are addressing the complaint.

sfedai0

Banned
Can I get some info on this game? Is this a traditional turn based RPG? What's the battle system like? There doesn't seem to be too much info bout this game.

ReaperXL7

Can I get some info on this game? Is this a traditional turn based RPG? What's the battle system like? There doesn't seem to be too much info bout this game.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/06/ign-live-ni-no-kuni-demo-e3-2012

it's ign but it's a decent walkthrough, it has a pokemon element were eventually you can catch and train these creatures called "Imagine" they can grow and involve aswell through the game.

The story sounds somewhat serious though, about a boy who's mother is sick/dying. Massive overworld, combat looks semi turn based, semi real time. Looks like something special to me from everything i've seen so far.

Not gonna play around - getting the CE now before it's sold out and I can't find it. I could be wrong and see it afterwards everywhere but this is one of the few games I don't wanna take that risk with.

Apath

I mean.. I really want the collector's edition, but I just can't spend $100 on a single game that I'm not even sure I'll like. A bummer too, since I doubt I'll ever find one for a lower price.

Lucent

Not gonna play around - getting the CE now before it's sold out and I can't find it. I could be wrong and see it afterwards everywhere but this is one of the few games I don't wanna take that risk with.

Exactly why I jumped on this now. And especially if they're really only doing this through Namco's site. Not gonna be able to just go out and see the book and stuff randomly lay'n there.

So no for Canada?

;_;

Well, it's still early. While they said it would be exclusive through Club Namco, which only does US based shipping, they did say that it would be available in North America. I have to assume that they'll release it through a B&M store chain in Canada like EB games or hell, they'll open up club namco to include shipping to Canada. Don't lose hope!

Top Bottom