• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

New Alienware laptop i got off newegg for 1,000
rMj9Pl.jpg

As well as the free 360 i got for the college student promotion
xXD0Sl.jpg

Getting ready for batman and found cyborg 009 DVD's at walgreens for 3 bucks, really weird lol
GQ7zBl.jpg

Batman The Long Halloween and Persona 4 artbook that i got at kinokuniya
cdGErl.jpg

Kinda old, but i got this made 2 years ago from a close friend
xJj90l.jpg

And finally my autographed Lost Odyssey case signed by Arnie Roth and Nobou Uematsu as well as SA2 with this paperweight that looks like a chaos emerald lolz
vjvFpl.jpg

My biggest pickup ever from July 4th, 2012:

2012 Toyota Corolla LE!

389040_10150898849276646_1508810962_n.jpg

488056_10150898804706646_1723397998_n.jpg

^_^ My first new car ever.

I'm thinking of calling it Tamahagane, or Tama-san for short :p

Olorin

Bought a bunch of cheap games:
games-07-2012.jpg

Link's Crossbow Training
Anno: Create a New World
Rhythm Paradise
Mr Driller Drill Spirits
Lost Magic

grumpy

cZKjK.jpg

ty66k.jpg

Nintendo 3DS carrying case (holds 40 game cartridges)
Project Zero 2 Wii
Stephen King paperbacks
Castlevania Adventure on the Virtual Console

It was a good day.

TaroYamada

I grabbed Binary Domain for $9.99 off Amazon, great game, and I got the pixel art character Club Nintendo shirt you've all seen, most proud of this though:

rNGNR.jpg

Gamestop had the WWE Brawlpads/Brawlstick marked down to $12 for the pads and $20 for the stick. The pads were $40 at one point and the stick was $80 originally, steal of a deal, to go along with them I grabbed Super Street Fighter IV: AE for $10. Plays great and super pleased!

So I recently purchased an S-Video-modded Genesis. Just arrived today, and spent a few hours reorganizing my gaming station to fit everything (making room for a potential Sega CD if I ever decide to go that route; although I haven't as of yet).

Here's the machine:
(That copy of Tonic Trouble doesn't work, btw. Really annoys me, because I want to play it. :I)

...and here's the mod:
This was replacing an old Genesis Model 2 running on RF (because composite isn't really that much of an upgrade, unfortunately). Did some before-after shots with my mobile phone. I'm not a photographer, really, so the quality of these are shitty as hell, but hopefully they kind of get across just how much of a difference there is.

TMSS Screen (y'know, the "PRODUCED BY OR UNDER LICENSE FROM SEGA ENTERPRISES LTD." screen)
RF
S-Video

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 title screen
RF
S-Video

Emerald Hill Zone starting screen
RF
S-Video

HUD closeup
RF (seriously, look at how ugly this is)
S-Video (colors got washed out in the photo, but they're fine IRL)

Now, granted, it's not perfect. There's a fairly noticeable vertical line effect across the entire screen; apparently this is known as a "jailbar" effect. It's kind of distracting! These photos kind of gloss over it a bit, but if you look closely at the water in this shot, it becomes more apparent. That's supposed to be one single shade in the raw image, before any composite filter starts blurring it up; it's not one of those intentional dithering situations, like you get from many Genesis games. Nevertheless, it's clearly not a single shade of blue.

This shows up the most on blue in photos, but is visible across the entire screen in reality. Still, the sharper screen kind of makes it all worth it.

Also, Model 1s are known for better audio than Model 2s (provided you don't get a Model 1 with a VA7 revision motherboard, which uses the same audio circuit as the Model 2), and that seems to hold true. Now, granted, one of these is running RF and the other standard RCA jacks, and I can't imagine that this fact doesn't factor into the huge upgrade here, but nevertheless, here's a comparison of Oil Ocean Zone from the two machines (with any ever-present hums removed - the S-Video one apparently still has a hum despite not being noticeable while I'm playing, while the RF's hum was hard to not notice while playing). Ogg Vorbis format.
Model 2, over RF
Model 1, over RCA

So, all-in-all, pretty pleased with this purchase. So glad to be off of RF, at any rate!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I love when people actually give a shit about their old-school systems looking the way they should. I applaud you.

Chairhome

A little late on these, they were a father's day gift from my wife. Combines a popular b-boy/running shoe with a popular b-boy/running shoe. Huarache Free 2012. Sadly, I won't be dancing in them cause I want them to stay clean... i ruin shoes quickly when i break in them. Very comfy though.
7512912278_7339966584_z.jpg

Also b-boy related: Samurai Champloo. Never watched it, but finished up Kids on the Slope recently, and I loved Cowboy Bebop so I figured this was up my alley. Finally got it for a good price on eBay. Also Theatrhythm which is awesome and addicting.
7512912286_846c03d85e_z.jpg

maverick40

Best pickup ever, a wife! The love of my life, I've known her since middle school. Couldn't be happier.
Fh4Bel.jpg

PZ5vcl.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks! Indeed it is. Now too see how long before the inevitable baby pickup post. I think we have two years at the very least.

Thanks!

wow, congrats man your wife is beautiful. love that you are rocking the stubble too! I will be the same when i get married!

OT: how do i insert images into a thread? Do the images have to be on a photo editing website?

Ban Puncher

9pMce.jpg

Order of Cards Against Humanity starters and expansions for myself and others. International shipping was a killer but a group order softened the blow. Going to pull this out at my birthday after cake and watch friends and family alike disown me after a couple of rounds.

Complete Mega Drive games for a buck each? Yes please.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
japo2.jpg

Steelseries 5H-whatever headset
TT Mouse
TT Keyboard (challenger)
Sensei mouse
Windows 7
Big ass fucking computer worth 2000 dollars (yes, that's American dollars)
Asus monitor
PS3 slim

gg

no

re

gg

I love when people actually give a shit about their old-school systems looking the way they should. I applaud you.
Thanks. I know RGB would probably be better, but my HDTV doesn't support 240p over component, so it'd kind of be a waste... S-Video is more than acceptable, honestly.

is it just dirt? did you try giving the board a alcohol wipe down?
Yes. Several times. And yet, when it's in the N64 and I boot it up, the N64 refuses to put out a signal - but, my other games work fine. It's just this one. I don't get it.

hmm try opening the cart and giving the board a look at?
No security bit on me, though. Don't you need one of those to open the cartridge up?

Looks like I ran out of bandwidth. That was fast. Guess I'll have to rehost everything somewhere else... Off to abload.de, I guess. (Won't be happening for a few hours, though; at work, presently.)

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
yeah you need the little bit to open them just wanna see if maybe one of the transistors/chips came loose or maybe some gunk seeped onto the board

wow, congrats man your wife is beautiful. love that you are rocking the stubble too! I will be the same when i get married!

Stubble ftw. I wanted to go even a little more stubble, but I figured I would compromise. I look like a kid when clean shaven. Luckily the wife supports the stubble and the Italian genes have blessed me with it from a young age. So many of my friends ended up with patchy clumps of facial hair even as adults, I feel bad for 'em.

Cheers for all the kind words GAF. Now that the wallet is no longer in wedding mode I should have a new gaming PC to post soon enough ;)

A few more poster pick ups:

Monsters Inc. by Tom Whalen
kei2E.jpg

Double Ghost by Olly Moss
oG8tA.jpg

Iron Man by Kevin Tong
axkfm.jpg

Thor by Martin Ansin (Really gorgeous in person)
BYzfT.jpg

sca2511

Posting stuff that I've gotten over the past two months.

The Amazing Spiderman Omnibus Vol. 1 and 2 + Ultimate Spiderman Omnibus Vol.1 + Essential Amazing Spiderman Vol. 2 and 5 that were on sale at a local comic shop.
2iO2Sl.jpg

Spines
ql4F9l.jpg

Uncanny X-Force Vol.1, Wolverine & the X-Men, Vol. 1, Batman Vol.1, Batwoman Elegy, Absolute Watchmen.
stnspl.jpg

Most of these pickups are from Fanime, some of my GF's stuff mixed in.
ASR4Tl.jpg

kU06sl.jpg

QrPDZl.jpg

Mum9dl.jpg

smIgxl.jpg

W5J8Wl.jpg

3qIEhl.jpg

4WLmYl.jpg

Top Bottom