• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Model pics leaked

KillGore

The designer should be shifted, what the hell were they thinking producing such an ugly child?

Slim will stay the best version.

I implore you to reconsider

white_playstation_4.jpg

no you do sir.ugly grill,spiderman logo,dust magnet.

No, you do my good sir. Shiny, chrome lines, touch sensitive buttons (or whatever you call them) is best version. Plus, PS3 slim font isn't that good looking, much worse than Spiderman one.

MYE

Made a cleaned up version of the front view of the system based on that blurry pic.
Probably not 100% accurate but its enough to see how it will look in proper PR shots i think.

IGt9j.jpg

Yes, the bottom is from the current PS3 slim, i got lazy in the end :p

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Is that seriously top loading? Or just not fully assembled shell so it looks like it's falling apart? If it's top loading, I expect this thing to feel (and be) cheap. I suppose at this point in life that's all it needs to be. PS4 will be coming soon for those who want more expensive stuff.

jey_16

Banned
Maybe I should get the current slim now.....I feel like my 07 60gb fat is about to die

I still can't believe how ugly this looks, the ridges combined with the ps3 logo as well as the new sliding cover.....just awful, how could they think this looks good

KillGore

Made a cleaned up version of the front view of the system based on that blurry pic.
Probably not 100% accurate but its enough to see how it will look in proper PR shots i think.

IGt9j.jpg

Now this is sexy, at least the front part. People really blow things out of proportions.

IGt9j.jpg

That was fast, you are awesome sir.

everybody who is bitching about the looks:
do you look at your console while playing a game?
that fucking thing is going under the tv shelf and thats it.

Iacobellis

Is that seriously top loading? Or just not fully assembled shell so it looks like it's falling apart? If it's top loading, I expect this thing to feel (and be) cheap. I suppose at this point in life that's all it needs to be.

It will probably just be a budget system, the PS4 is right around the corner. Nintendo did that with the Top Loader NES, the SNES Jr., and now the Wii revision. I expect it to be around $200 or even under that with the 16GB of flash memory.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
oh wow...You know when the Slim leaked I didn't think it was ugly...It just looked 'fake' (still does..it looks like some kind of knock off ps3...IMO) but THIS...this is just UGLY

Jasoneyu

i am curious MYE, how do you make your awesome mock-ups? Photoshop?

Elios83

Everything as expected.... top loading disc, smaller, they got rid of the internal HDD in the cheapest model.

Now...what if the prices of three models are............150$, 199$ and 250$ :p

For reference, these are the three PS2 model revisions.

Original Design:
494px-PS2-Fat-Console-Set.jpg

PS2 Slim:
slim-sony-ps2-gets-integrated-power-supply-but-no-price-cut.jpg

PS2 Slim Revision (from 2007, which integrated the power brick inside and made it even smaller):
slim-ps2-psu.jpg

I'm still going to stick with my PS3 Slim, because it's just so sexy.

KillGore

I was with you up until that font thing. Who thought using the spiderman font was a good idea?

I never said it was a good idea and I never said the font looked good but I personally didn't like the PS3 slim font either, looked pretty bad IMO, at least etched on the console.

Iacobellis

not really. ps2 was pretty ugly and odd looking. og ps1 wasnt offensive but wasnt really 'pretty.'

PS2 was not ugly at all. It started the trend of moving towards all black electronics. Back in those days most computers still came in a pure white color. Ew.

Foil

That has to be the ugliest console design I have ever seen. I can't believe Sony paid people good money to design something like that.

Yeah, I'll stick with my Slim.

Ok, so the mock up looks awesome from that view, not really into the top part though. But this new model may finally be where I pick up a ps3

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
HOOFAH! Now that is one ugly-ass machine.

I laugh at people who think the 3DS XL is ugly. Man, this thing is just gross looking.

Interesting idea with the 16gb machine, though. Does the PS3 accept USB hard drives? If so, that could be a great purchase.

thelastword

Banned
I'll be honest....my first one was running fine for 5 years (my cousin's launch still works, and he leaves it on ALL THE TIME....mainly for Netflix and BluRay).

I was just dumb dumb DUMB toward the end of its life....I was using it to stream live stuff using the Browser...and when ever it froze, I had to forcefully power it down then quickly power it up...and try to stream stuff again, until it froze...then rinse and repeat out of frustration, and being dumb like I said. So one day, it didn't turn back on like it used to. :(

So I think my second one would be fine because I used to take great care of them.
Yeah, tell me about it, subconsciously you know when something is about to go down, you know perhaps you should have given it a break or turn it off but you didn't.

My story is kinda similar, the last game that I played on it was uncharted 2, but the day it died I wasn't playing at all, I left the PS3 on the whole day with the intention of streaming movies, but I was all about doing everything else as the PS3 just stayed there idle waiting for me, it just stayed on the whole day, I fell asleep that night and found it on the next morning, I put it off then. Later on that morning, I felt for a couple of rounds of Super Street Fighter 4, placed it in the system and that was all she wrote, the two beeps to yellow led. There's no doubt it was SSF4, because that game case was empty till the day I got my slim and decided to retrieve the disc from the phat physically.

I had 8 months with a revived ylod and did nothing to backup, granted I didn't have an external to do so at that time, but I had 8 months to do get one or at least back up my saves to a usb stick, but sometimes we get complacent, I guess I thought the system would be ok seeing that it survived so long after the fix....

I agree with you though, I do take care of my stuff to a science, however there are times when even guys like us just let go a wee bit, usually that's when stuff happens, unfortunately.

Top Bottom