• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Apocalypse Zero

4BK6Q.gif
: The Anime

Yep, that about sums it up. lol

cajunator

Banned

<3

<3 <3 <3

<3 <3 hnnngh <3 <3

Oh? Friend of yours?

It's true that everyone has been a hypocrite at some point just like lying or being rude but it's when people do it very regularly over a variety of subjects when it gets pretty annoying.

I love this gif. One of the best parts and one of the best Shaft head tilts I've seen.

Nah, not someone I know personally. However a friend of Sawa is a friend of mine.

I was looking forward to the Crunchyroll PS3 app but then 480p, the boner killer, arrived.

I've never had an issue with that resolution, especially because I have a Nintendo Wii and I played it more than the others, but for an anime application on an HD platform, it is kind of ridiculous.

Dresden

Hyouka 08

Liked this ep. There's something about portraying incompetency in this thoroughly capable way that's rather captivating. There was a great sense of space as well, with the usage of just a single perspective throughout the whole movie.

I suppose this is the start of the vaunted film arc. Kinda excited to see where it goes. The show really did pick up after the beginning.

• I'd let her glare at me with those cold eyes any day. Irisu <3
    Uh98i.jpg

Jex

Apocalypse Zero

4BK6Q.gif
: The Anime

Apocalypse Zero

This was so fucking terrible I can truthfully say Eiken is better. This was so bad I bumped up all my lower scores on MAL so this could reign over the rest of my list alongside the Gundam 00 movie as the only 1 ratings.
I am so sorry that I didn't warn anyone.

I am so sorry.

However, I think Apocalypse Zero is one of those things that every anime fan needs to see, at some point or another.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hyouka 08
I suppose this is the start of the vaunted film arc. Kinda excited to see where it goes. The show really did pick up after the beginning.
The film arc is pretty terrible. I don't know who got your hopes up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, it's all pretty bad. Certainly nothing they'll ever cover with this first series, but with a sequel, who knows.
He's
not actually a girl, just a girly boy.

Anyways Asuna turns into this as per (minor spoilers) a picture of Kirito's harem post-SAO http://i.imgur.com/40p5E.jpg

1) One can only hope that it comes after a second full season of OtuBoku. :p

2) Jesus Christ. Not only does he have a harem,
they all choose to play the next game anyway. Even his sister is playing now? :p

Hyouka 08

Liked this ep. There's something about portraying incompetency in this thoroughly capable way that's rather captivating. There was a great sense of space as well, with the usage of just a single perspective throughout the whole movie.

Really, the best art of the series. Especially if you
despise Oreki. lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It was NeoGaf that got me interested in MLP:FIM. Seeing all of the out of context MLP gifs and screenshots all over NeoGaf was pretty entertaining so I decided to take a look at what the actual show was like.
PonyGAF is also a pretty nice crowd, although not nearly as active as in here.

Personally my favorite transformation song Is that of the outer senshi.

This is one of my favorite songs in general. I like the Starlights transformation song as well but won't link any videos because the related ones seem to contain major series spoilers just in their titles.
My personal favorite is the long version of "Moon Cosmic Power Make Up". The fanfare transition really lifts the song.

I blame Hitokage Haha. I think we've become friends, as much as you can through NeoGaf anyway, and his "Nafe forever anonymous :(" post made me kind of feel bad. Combine that with his avatar where it seemed to be giving off a puppy dog eyes type look, Haha
Haha, well, I certainly understand the desire for anonymity, but I don't entirey understand why some feel it necessary to conceal even general non-identifying info like country. To me, that's still in the area where you can divulge without losing further control of your personal information.

Unless you're the only person in North Korea with an internet connection, of course.

That's where I made the vague being :Chet comment and switching avatars to pretend to give it away but in the end I didn't want to. I'm sure we can still be friends though, I think we hit it off pretty well.
I must admit it feels kinda awkward for somebody to come in paying so much attention to my interests and sharing many of them. If you were up to some sinister scheme, then I'd be powerless to stop you.

Isn't she? I thought about having her as my avatar when I was joining but went with Minako instead.
....like this. That avatar was too adorable.

Jex

Full metal alchemist 1 would fit right on there, it was clearly made up as it went along.
Gonna have to add Soul Eater to that list, or at least the ending. Even after the transition to anime-original material, it never truly reaches clusterfuck status until the last episode, but good grief what a clusterfuck that finale is.

If we can list films as well, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa is an easy addition to the list.
All good points, I am surprised I missed them off from my original list.

Dresden

The film arc is pretty terrible.
eh, I'll see.
2) Jesus Christ. Not only does he have a harem,
they all choose to play the next game anyway. Even his sister is playing now? :p
Technically his sister
is his cousin so it's totally cool.
Really, the best art of the series. Especially if you
despise Oreki. lol
does being annoyed by Chitanda work? The hype from episode 14 made me forget how annoying she could be. I think it's the eyes.

Branduil

eh, I'll see.

Technically his sister
is his cousin so it's totally cool.

does being annoyed by Chitanda work? The hype from episode 14 made me forget how annoying she could be. I think it's the eyes.

Chitanda is used wonderfully in the next episode.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Apocalypse Zero

Undoubtedly the worst anime ever. A single minute of Apocalypse Zero carries as much soul-destroying aesthetic horror as the entirety of Eiken. This is not hyperbole. It's a warning. I'll never be able to love anything again. It's probably the kind of thing that Go Nagai faps to. Fuck everything.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Apocalypse Zero

Undoubtedly the worst anime ever. A single minute of Apocalypse Zero carries as much soul-destroying aesthetic horror as the entirety of Eiken. This is not hyperbole. It's a warning. I'll never be able to love anything again. It's probably the kind of thing that Go Nagai faps to. Fuck everything.
I find this difficult to believe.

Apocalypse Zero

Too tame for Go Nagai.

Mawaru-Penguindrum 13:

But first, another flashback episode. I guess Ikuhara isn't planning on telling me who or what pink-haired bishie is just yet. A lot of stuff has happened the past two episodes. Pink-hair explains his motivations pretty straightforwardly, more so than I would have expected. He merely leaves the question of who or what he is for later. It's clear that he has taken an interest in Himari which is why he is doing this, though it's not clear what it is they can see that no one else can.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Too tame for Go Nagai.

Nah, vastly worse. I previously claimed Abashiri Ikka, an obscure little piece of Nagai puke, to be the worst anime ever before watching Apocalypse Zero, but that title was toppled within the first two or three minutes into AZ.

cajunator

Banned
I can't say I care that much about the Saimoe polls since my favorite character won last year.

So I don't know who to root for now.

I'm just gonna sit back and watch the fireworks.
Mami was a great outcome for last year. hopefully this year's winner isn't infuriating either.

Poyopoyo 31

u4yUN.gif

The Poyo dance to lighten everyone's day.

Good lord that's CUTE.

Guilty Crown 1 - 3

So far its a less fabulous Code Geass with less mechs.

I stopped at episode 3 for a breather. Hopefully a long one. although actionwise its not bad. At least its entertaining.

Iczelion

Cajun recommended this me so I gave it a shot. Two episode OVA from 1995 about a young girl named Nagisa getting caught up in something larger as she's basically drafted to become a magical girl due to sudden consequence. The twist here is what gives her this power is a robotic battle armor from another world. There's multiple versions of these robots, each called Iczel, and more than one Iczelion as a result. The rest come to Nagisa's aid and a battle for for the fate of the Earth ensues. This is evidently the third in a series with the two preceding titles being Iczer-One and Iczer Reborn but seems rather standalone.

Sounds like an average anime story which is fitting as this is pretty average itself. It has some issues like abusing the concept of fighting in another dimension and events happening rather fast. The action was pretty fab though and given I think this OVA was just an excuse to have girls in armor beating ass, the OVA is mostly a success.

Kawaii Kawaii is a hell of a name too.

I didn't recommend Iczelion so much as warn of its existence. If you genuinely enjoyed it, then great. Nagisa still makes me want to kill stuff. You don't seem to have much of a reaction to her. Kawaii Kawaii is indeed KAWAII.

Nunnally in Wonderland

Oh, this was so worth the wait. It's more akin to a picture drama as it's not all that animated and mostly music/speaking over still images. Regardless, it was funny as hell as did a great job of blending Geass tropes with the story. Admittedly,
the tropes took over and Wonderland took a back seat and a bit of the humor was derived from character flaws from Geass itself. Highlight was probably Lelouch raging over the idea of his sister ever getting married when she has a perfectly good brother too look after her.
It was still damn fun though. For some reason, I think they depicted most of the girls as bustier too. I don't remember
Euphie
being so endowed.

Thankfully there was no troll ending for me to be pissed off over like the birthday picture drama.

I need to see this as soon as possible. It looks miraculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Aika

You run along and have fun now! Tee hee~

Agent Aika is an experience. See also: Najica. If you like pantsu, these shows will give you pantsu. Everywhere. All the time. Directly in your face. Without mercy.

The answer to this question should be "everyone"

Wow, Mayoi Neko Overrun. That's an odd pull for a oujo-sama laughing pic. lol
(Also, one of the rare animus with an in-character commentary recap episode!)

Honestly, despite having a catgirl featured prominently in this series, I found it boring. She's just a lame, boring character IMO. Very different from the typical fun energetic catgirl characters. It didn't work for me.

Nah, vastly worse. I previously claimed Abashiri Ikka, an obscure little piece of Nagai puke, to be the worst anime ever before watching Apocalypse Zero, but that title was toppled within the first two or three minutes into AZ.

Apocalypse Zero is still pretty damn tame compared to some other shit out there. I mean it's still shounen. Go Nagai probably faps to Waita Uziga stuff or something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly, despite having a catgirl featured prominently in this series, I found it boring. She's just a lame, boring character IMO. Very different from the typical fun energetic catgirl characters. It didn't work for me.
Wasn't she just a normal girl who happened to have cat-like attributes? I don't even remember.

Articalys

SAIMECHA UPDATE

Gurren Lagann vs VF-25 Messiah (70.16% vs 29.84%)
Turn A Gundam vs VF-1 Valkyrie (55.2% vs 44.8%)
Zaku II vs Gunbuster (45.97% vs 54.03%)
Evangelion UNIT 01 vs YF/VF-19 Excalibur (42.86% vs 57.14%)

The reigning champion is knocked out!

Preview for the next round (voting is not up yet):
Gurren Lagann vs Turn A Gundam
Gunbuster vs YF/VF-19 Excalibur

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I can't add anything to this beyond what Hitokage has already said.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/JexThread/Recentgifs10.gif

I've only seen the first four episodes of LOGH and comparing it in any capacity to Tytania is scandalous and reprehensible.

Really, I think that Tytania's abysmal badness is seriously underrated by AnimeGAF and the anime community at large. It desperately needs more exposure here so that it can be fully appreciated for what it is.

Apocalypse Zero is still pretty damn tame compared to some other shit out there. I mean it's still shounen. Go Nagai probably faps to Waita Uziga stuff or something.

If this is considered shounen, I think that's indicative of a problem with what is considered to constitute shounen and not a measure of the tameness of Apocalypse Zero's content.

cajunator

Banned
Wasn't she just a normal girl who happened to have cat-like attributes? I don't even remember.

no she's a catgirl. The type with embedded ears. She's a cute character in terms of design, but she's like Chi where she isn't very talkative, so you aren't really engaged by her character. As much as I like Cute for the sake of cute, that character should also contribute something. she's pretty much only window dressing. I was pretty disappointed with that show. Asobi Ni Iku Yo is a million times more fun to watch anyway.
This is the catgirl Nozomi from Mayoi Neko Overrun. Its possible you might be thinking of Nyan Koi.
6JWRw.jpg

Dresden

SAIMECHA UPDATE

Zaku II vs Gunbsuter (45.97% vs 54.03%)

wow what

2012 fo real.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Really, I think that Tytania's abysmal badness is seriously underrated by AnimeGAF and the anime community at large. It desperately needs more exposure here so that it can be fully appreciated for what it is.
I usually prefer to just not think about it. See, until now I had forgotten how Tytania went FUCK YOU to the audience midway through.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Apocalypse Zero

This was so fucking terrible I can truthfully say Eiken is better. This was so bad I bumped up all my lower scores on MAL so this could reign over the rest of my list alongside the Gundam 00 movie as the only 1 ratings.
This is why you need a Zero rating like ANN does.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I usually prefer to just not think about it. See, until now I had forgotten how Tytania went FUCK YOU to the audience midway through.

I'm trying to think of another anime where I actively rooted for the villains and I'm drawing a blank.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey, that should had two good episodes and rickface is always relevant.
The pilot and which other one? lol
(When the video game is better than the TV show, that's really saying something)

Elfen Lied
lol
Saying the name is of course a spoiler, so you have been warned;
Elfen Lied manga.
Hah.

Not because of that acutally.
She falls in love with the same person twice. That's a fucking kick the gut right there. Worse than kanna.
Wait... that's in
SAO? She loses twice? lol

no she's a catgirl. The type with embedded ears. She's a cute character in terms of design, but she's like Chi where she isn't very talkative, so you aren't really engaged by her character. As much as I like Cute for the sake of cute, that character should also contribute something. she's pretty much only window dressing. I was pretty disappointed with that show. Asobi Ni Iku Yo is a million times more fun to watch anyway.
This is the catgirl Nozomi from Mayoi Neko Overrun. Its possible you might be thinking of Nyan Koi.
http://i.imgur.com/6JWRw.jpg
See, I always thought that was just her hair. I mean... she doesn't have a tail, does she?

It's a shame how he'll never know the mono no aware of Jinto.
Yup. I have no idea who or what that is!

Jex

SAIMECHA UPDATE

Zaku II vs Gunbsuter (45.97% vs 54.03%)

Oh shit it is on. Didn't expect to see the beast knocked out like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom