• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshot of new Prince of Persia game?

Zapages

Here's the first screen shot of the new PoP Game:

It was originally posted on the official Prince of Persia forums.

Please note that POP Zero 2 is written on the bottom... It is align with everything that we know about the game.

1) its a reboot. original PoP Zero was going to be modern day and was code named PoP Zero. Hence this reboot is going to be PoP Zero 2.
2) POP 2008's sequel assets were used in making POP TFS Wii.
3) God of War - lite
4) Ubi was working on a new IP for next gend that would have been like God of War meets Shadow of the Colossus. I think they have decided to make it the POP 2 remake.

HP5tg.jpg

Update: According to Jordan Mechner that this is not a new PoP Game:

So could this be the new IP that Ubi is working on ie. Shadow of the Colossus meets God of War in a Egyptian setting...

p1Xr4.png

that screen shot looks VERY interesting. One thing I didn't like about the first PoP by Ubisoft was the static world...almost no NPC's just an endless wave of enemies. If they add cities and a more coherent world to the next PoP, it might turn out to be very interesting.

DieH@rd

Banned
Here's the first screen shot of the new PoP Game:

It was originally posted on the official Prince of Persia forums.

HP5tg.jpg

This looks like it's nextgen project. And I dont worry about fps, game is still more than 1 year away.

Also, its played back trough BINK player.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This looks like it's nextgen project. And I dont worry about fps, game is still more than 1 year away.

What makes you say that? There's nothing that looks particularly next-gen about it.

Also, its played back trough BINK player.

If that's what next gen looks like then do not want. Looks like a PS3/360 title and not even an amazing one. 13FPS lol

AlexBasch

- UGH, ANOTHER POP GAME THAT LOOKS THE SAME!
- UGH WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT.

That aside:

It looks like Assassin's Creed to me, but I'll wait until more info is released. It would be funny to do parkour stuff with a bulky character like that, though.

V_Ben

Banned
I... Don't know how to feel about this. 2008 was a fantastic game, and hopefully this is just as acrobatic. But man is the aesthetic a turn-off.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That's what I was thinking. Looks very similar to AC2.

That said, to be fair to him, since it says DirectX 11 at the bottom it is possible they intend to make it into a cross generation project and improve the visuals eventually.

Zapages

What makes you say that? There's nothing that looks particularly next-gen about it.

1) its a reboot. original PoP Zero was going to be modern day and was code named PoP Zero. Hence this reboot is going to be PoP Zero 2.
2) POP 2008's sequel assets were used in making POP TFS Wii.
3) God of War - lite
4) Ubi was working on a new IP for next gend that would have been like God of War meets Shadow of the Colossus. I think they have decided to make it the POP 2 remake.

Top Bottom