• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mermaids The Body Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB0wpPCEMPQ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaids:_The_Body_Found
Animal-planet-mermaids.jpg

Saw an ad for this today while watching Dogs 101. Now apparently this aired in May, did anyone see it? Looks like a bunch of speculative nonsense like the show Lost Tapes (which kind of sucks)....which is fine with me. I love this type of crap. Granted I prefer Sasquatch (except Finding Bigfoot...they found a way to make Bigfoot boring), but this seems like a fun change of pace.

Vyroxis

Banned
Its a really interesting take on if mermaids did exist how and when they could have evolved, all flowing around a massive coverup since the world governments know that we are inadvertently killing them off.

They did one on dragons a while back also, I believe.

Air

Banned
Deep down below they find the reverse mermaid. Everybody freaks out. Some people attempt to make love with it anyway. Chaos ensues.

I was pretty drunk and tired when I caught this, but the big take away for me is that mermaid researches are really attractive as far as scientists go.

DonMigs85

Its a really interesting take on if mermaids did exist how and when they could have evolved, all flowing around a massive coverup since the world governments know that we are inadvertently killing them off.

They did one on dragons a while back also, I believe.

I remember that one. T-Rex injured mama dragon's wing, but then she burned his face.

There's no evidence mermaids don't exist. Maybe they're one of those missing links evolutionists talk about but never find!

God! lost tapes is punchable, as is this shit.
I actually own some episodes via Amazon....I had some credit leftover....it wasn't worth it. That said if people enjoy it what's the big deal? I mean I own Ancient Aliens seasons I got with some free credit because they're hillarious...granted Ive enjoyed watching The Universe more since its not fiction. Monsterquest is fun too, though unlike Ancient Aliens science is used and pretty much always rules things out and isn't just a joke....except that lizard man ep.

As soon as In Search of gets released next year I'm buying it in a second.

I actually own some episodes via Amazon....I had some credit leftover....it wasn't worth it. That said if people enjoy it what's the big deal? I mean I own Ancient Aliens seasons I got with some free credit because they're hillarious...granted Ive enjoyed watching The Universe more since its not fiction. Monsterquest is fun too, though unlike Ancient Aliens science is used and pretty much always rules things out and isn't just a joke....except that lizard man ep.

As soon as In Search of gets released next year I'm buying it in a second.

Seen this episode? It's good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vZOXjxCpj8E#t=60s

Smellycat

In August 2009, after dozens of people reported seeing a mermaid leaping out of the water and doing aerial tricks, the Israeli coastal town of Kiryat Yam offered a $1 million award for proof of the mermaid.[49] The Mermaid Medical Association, an American mermaid advocacy group, threatened to take legal action against the town in response to their offer, which "badly and outrageously damages the legendary mermaid legacy."[50] In February 2012, work on two reservoirs near Gokwe and Mutare in Zimbabwe stopped when workers refused to continue, stating that mermaids had hounded them away from the sites. It was reported by Samuel Sipepa Nkomo, the water resources minister.[51]

WAT

Air

Banned
Joking aside, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a mermaid type race out there on a pure waterworld somewhere in the universe out there. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd say there would weirder stuff out there than mermaids.

I just finished watching the entire thing on youtube. I actually enjoyed it.

Who knew that mermaids and dragons actually exist. Incredible stuff.

Cool I watched a minute or so, but I'm debating if I should wait until I could see it in HD and without Chinese subs. Lol
It's as dumb as you'd think a fictional documentary explaining the scientific origins (and government cover up) of mermaids would be but I'm a sucker for these sorts of things.

I'd like to think if we found something as intelligent as us in the oceans then it'd cause us to re-evaluate our species-wide position of "giant egotistical shits".

I'm really tempted to make my own fake documentaries on different "weird" subject matter. It seems like a fun exercise to blend fiction and reality.

I remember seeing a Disney Channel movie where a man turns into a mermaid and wins every swimming match known to man.

Disney Channel is reality, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom