• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medic-Age: My right ear is sizzling and feels clogged. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For about a week now, my right ear has felt clogged, and I can hear an annoying sizzling sound when there's no other noise around. Particularly annoying when trying to fall alseep.

What is this? Is this my ear dying because I listen to loud music? Will it go away? Or will it only get worse? Help?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
It needs to be flushed. Murine is what I use. You should see a doctor though.

Also, consult this thread:

*click*

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Come on GAF, everybody now: "GO SEE A DOCTOR!" <studio audience laughs>

Kind of sounds like an inner-ear infection or something. Put a teaspoon of virgin blood into a coke bottle cap, poor into ear, let sit for five minutes. If this does not work then I'm afraid it's the aids.

Wow, I started writing a "Medic-Age:" thread yesterday (I used those exact words for the title), but then decided against submitting it because of the negative stigma associated with them on here, and went to see the doctor instead.

GilloD

Banned
Naked Snake said:
Wow, I started writing a "Medic-Age:" thread yesterday (I used those exact words for the title), but then decided against submitting it because of the negative stigma associated with them on here, and went to see the doctor instead.

Ha. I just feel like 90% of these things are looking for people to go "Ta'int no thang, go on back to bed" and then you don't actually have to go to the doctor. Have you seen the dating advice on here? Go take a look and then tell me you'd take a medical opinon from these people.

Of course, the next time I'm sick, I'm coming here.

Beavertown

Garbage
Probably a fungal infection. You should go see the doctor and get some anti-biotics. If not, then keep your ears dry and clean them with some q-tips dipped in Apple Cider Vinegar. It works better than any kind of drops you can buy.

DaCocoBrova

Naked Snake said:

So... What'd the doctor say?

DaCocoBrova said:
So... What'd the doctor say?

I had some weird abdominal pain, I was fearing it could be my appendix about to burst or something, but then I realized that the location of the pain does not really match where the appendix should be, but I went to the doctor anyway... He pocked me in a few places (he put his hand in my pants!) and asked if that hurt, he used this and asked me some questions, then he said that he didn't see anything serious, but if I want to be extra sure I can take ultrasound, blood, and urine tests... Which I did today. The ultrasound was good (doctor said all the organs were perfect), and as far as I can tell nothing is wrong with the urine and blood tests, I didn't get a chance to show the results to doctor yet though.

I had the pain come and go througout most of the day yesterday, and it was quite painful to the degree that I had to stop working, but I only had it breifly a few times today.

DaCocoBrova

I have some strange pains myself. They come and go. I thought it was sciatica (painful as FL|CK!), but it seems to relocate to different parts of my body. It's clearly an inflamation of some sort as NSAIDs (advil for example) makes the pain subside.

I got a blood test, X-Ray...

All I get is that I'm perfectly fine and that I do not have the body of a 30 year old.

But I know something is wrong.

I have to get an MRI.

The pain I'm having seems to relocate too, sometimes it comes from a spot in the bottom-right part of my abdomin (just above my pubic area), and other times it's coming from right below my right lung. The ultrasound doctor said it could be the Colon since they can't see that in ultrasound tests.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Naked Snake said:
The pain I'm having seems to relocate too, sometimes it comes from a spot in the bottom-right part of my abdomin (just above my pubic area), and other times it's coming from right below my right lung. The ultrasound doctor said it could be the Colon since they can't see that in ultrasound tests.
One time I had that for about 11 hours, incredible pain. Turns out I had some weird flu that only resulted in pain, I had been eating a combination of everything you're nto supposed to eat when you have that sort of sickness and a little dehydrated to boot.

-james-

AtomicShroom said:
For about a week now, my right ear has felt clogged, and I can hear an annoying sizzling sound when there's no other noise around. Particularly annoying when trying to fall alseep.

What is this? Is this my ear dying because I listen to loud music? Will it go away? Or will it only get worse? Help?

Cetieel.jpg

Ceti Eels incubate their larvae between their protective plates. The slime-covered larvae will seek out a larger animal, enter its skull through the ear and wrap itself around the cerebral cortex. This causes the subject intense pain and makes them susceptible to suggestion. As the larvae grows, the host suffers from insanity and eventual death.

:)

Seriously, you'll probably have to have your canal flushed. It's not fun. When I was little, I was very prone to ear infections because of something that happened when I was little. So I had to go a lot. I can't use Q-Tips because of this problem as well. My inner ear is really sensitive.

So, because I had this sensitivity, the doctors brilliant idea was getting a syringe filled with water and squirting it in my ear! WTF?! That shit was awful. Hurts like a mother****er.

Also, despite what lots of people say, every doctor I have ever spoken to about my ear problem says, you shouldn't be cleaning any part of your ear, that your finger cannot reach. Get those baby safe Q-Tips to be safe. Most people push the other ones too far in and damage the ear or leave cotton behind that coagulates with wax and causes infections. They've all suggested the baby safe Q-Tips of getting a wet paper towel, wrapping it around your finger and cleaning.

Ronok

Getting your ears flushed does not hurt......... :-/ It feels a little uncomfortable but it doesn't hurt...... It's kind of awesome when your ears get done when the last bit of crap goes you get a strange feeling in your ears and you just know..... You can also hear a hell of a lot better so year. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom