• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 | Official Island Survival Guide: Top of the Food Chain

iNvid02

this is gonna be a looot of fun

maybe we'll see mods, i'd like a pet vulture and a couple of panthers

SJRB

Gold Member
Graphics look way more "cartoony" than I remember from previous trailers, anyone else noticing this?

Also - Max Payne at 1:50.

lefantome

Graphics look way more "cartoony" than I remember from previous trailers, anyone else noticing this?

Also - Max Payne at 1:50.

yes it is sometimes it looks like far cry and I don't like that, previously was great. I like bright colors but they shouldn't exaggerate, this isn't a sega game.

FarCryDemo06.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Far Cry 3 graphics >>> Far Cry 2.

Seriously imo it looks so much better.

skynidas

Banned
Looks very good. I heard that the console versions are looking great, but obviously the PC one will blow them away.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
WAAAAAAAAAANNNNT

Why can't I preorder this on Steam yet?!

I find it odd that Far Cry 3 is nowhere to be seen on Steam given it's releasing about a week after AssCreed 3, which itself has been up for several weeks now. Incidentally, they're the last two games of the year that I've been meaning to pre-order, so get on it, Ubi!

The cynic in me says this will be the first game that both utilises Uplay and ignores Steam for DLC.

Loxley

I absolutely love how vibrant everything is. Definitely my most anticipated shooter of the year (assuming it isn't delayed to 2013).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That would be fucking tragic.

I prefer to think that it's unlikely given that Far Cry 3 is, well, Far Cry 3, and AssCreed 3, which is a mainline entry in Ubi's best-selling "hardcore" franchise, is on Steam. That is to rhetorically ask, surely if Ubi are planning a gradual move to Uplay a la EA and Origin, wouldn't it make much more sense to begin with one of its largest franchises?

Edit: Really, I wouldn't worry unless the game shows up on GMG and is still a no-show on Steam. Apparently, GMG doesn't carry any Far Cry games. Disregard my sliver of optimism! :p

Top Bottom