• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Kibbles

ibo0jxLnFxcjwK.gif

Havok

Whoa

Binary Rifle

While shot when unscoped it has a shotgun like projection
(aka, noscope = complete out of this world luck)
I feel like more than anything, people will just start quickscoping more in general because of this. Very common in Call of Duty games. With the Binary Rifle in particular, I suspect this could become the norm even at range. Get close enough, quickscope, kill/miss. Bypasses the laser sights entirely.

The Incineration Cannon and Binary Rifle in a campaign setting kind of terrify me at first glance. One hit kill enemy weapons and explosives have often been an instant funkiller in the past, as seen with Legendary Jackals and spammy Fuel Rod Grunts/Chieftains. Hopefully they're used well.

GhaleonEB

And you might be reading too much into that War Games blurb. What is War Games if not competitive multiplayer? Could be anything, it's such a vague, all-encomposing statement.

Yeah, I read it as being description of War Games - competitive multiplayer, as opposed to cooperative.

BTW. The Binary Rifle wreaks vehicles. I blew up a Warthog with it, thinking I had a Light Rifle. One shot. Not sure if it was damaged or not, but my pants certainly were after I pulled the trigger.

Tawpgun

1 v 1 binary rifles only 360 no scope montage

Yeah, I read it as being description of War Games - competitive multiplayer, as opposed to cooperative.

BTW. The Binary Rifle wreaks vehicles. I blew up a Warthog with it, thinking I had a Light Rifle. One shot. Not sure if it was damaged or not, but my pants certainly were after I pulled the trigger.

lol'd,

so the binary rifle is anti vehicle. Lets hope the sniper isn't again.

nillapuddin

"OHK no matter where, huge tradeoff, you almost cannot use it from the hip, it has a shotgun style spread, you give up situational awareness"

2 shots in Magazine

6 shots total

When someone is zoomed in, it has a laser sight so you can see if someone is scoping you

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Beating a dead horse- but it's agonizing waiting for a reveal of the most vanilla playlist that will come at the last minute if it comes at all. These big ass maps are killing my hopes.

Dubs 2012.

Pop

Oh shit.

Didn't notice that.

Everyone ready for Arena 2.0?

:|

Way to be optimistic...I for one will be welcoming the 1-50 rank system back. Maybe not visual to everyone in lobby but in our playercard, I'm ok with this. As long as were matched accordingly.

Let me dream

GhaleonEB

Do each of the little Incineration Cannon "explosion pootbabies" that come out of the main blast also work as one-hit kills?

It sounds like it; from the videos and comments I think if you get tagged by one, you disintegrate.

It would be great if you still had some control over yourself while disintegrating. So if you get tagged on the foot and start melting upward, you could still aim and fire off a last minute shot or toss a grenade.

Vire

What's interesting about the Auto Sentry talk in the podcast is that Frank describes it as an "irritant" in multiplayer.

Why is something that is purpose built to annoy players a part of the game? Doesn't sound fun to fight against.

Fuchsdh

What's interesting about the Auto Sentry talk in the podcast is that Frank describes it as an "irritant" in multiplayer.

Why is something that is purpose built to annoy players a part of the game? Doesn't sound fun to fight against.
I believe he meant that it wasn't going to kill you if you ran into one; it's more designed to slow you down, help kill you with someone near by or divert you to another path.

Vire

I believe he meant that it wasn't going to kill you if you ran into one; it's more designed to slow you down, help kill you with someone near by or divert you to another path.

Yeah I get it, just doesn't sound fun.

I just hope it's utility is so limited in multiplayer that it's hardly ever selected.

senador

Banned
Beating a dead horse- but it's agonizing waiting for a reveal of the most vanilla playlist that will come at the last minute if it comes at all. These big ass maps are killing my hopes.

Dubs 2012.

I'd imagine they have it planned or thought about, but my thought is that they won't be "revealing" it. It'll either be in a list when/if they decide to give us all the playlist info before launch, or when your fire the game up it'll be waiting there.

Irritant also means to also be a distraction.

BigShow36

Some of the ideas they have for the Promethean weapons seem like they could be good additions.

However, definitely not a fan of randomizing no-scopes. So instead of someone getting a noscope because they had good aim, we'll get no scopes randomly. I don't see how that solves the issue.

FyreWulff

It's hard to judge off terrible off screen pictures but it seems Ragnarok is more of a spit shine remake like Heretic instead of a visual overhaul on the level of Reflection or Avalanche.

But then I also just remembered that this is the first remake of a 360-era Halo map. The jump in visuals will probably be smaller just due to that.

edit: remake of a 360-era map AND a wide open map at that, which will cap the visual fidelity the map can reach.

nillapuddin

they are talking about Hit Points of the vehicles

i want to know all the numbers!!

if your not listening to this podcast your missing out,
I hope someone is working on a point-for-point recap

edit:
I think the Binary needing to be scoped in is a good way to balance it

I mean its a OHK anywhere on the body

edit:
ORDNANCE

Vire

Funny how when Frank is talking about the dual rifles (BR and DMR) bit and how they have different uses on one map he's talking about Ragnarok.

Spoiled!

Tawpgun

Some of the ideas they have for the Promethean weapons seem like they could be good additions.

However, definitely not a fan of randomizing no-scopes. So instead of someone getting a noscope because they had good aim, we'll get no scopes randomly. I don't see how that solves the issue.

Im all for reducing randomness, but this is a non issue. If you have a problem with this then maybe we should ban random cross map sticks.

Pop

Just with the Binary Rifle. I'm guessing cause of it's one shot kills scoped in.

There is 2 other snipers you could use.

That's not programed randomness, it's just players getting super lucky every once in a great while. Even if some scrub picks up the UNSC Sniper now, he could pull the trigger and get a cross map double no scope. Was his no scope random? Yes, but not because it was programed to be random, but just because he got incredibly lucky. It's just something that happens, you can't really eliminate that.

Homeboyd

Well, OddOne, you're off the hook. Here's a breakdown of the Sparkast (thanks Goat):

A 3 Legged Goat said:
•Regen field isn't as powerful as Halo 3. If you connect all of your shots on somebody inside of it, they can still die. If you miss, their shields have a chance to go back up.

•Auto Sentry can look 180 degrees. Dies when you die.

•At one point, Auto Sentry used to follow you around. Now it just stays in place.

•Auto Sentry tracks (attacks) holograms

•Holograms appear red on radar at all times and red with reticle.

•Game is faster paced than Reach

•They initially started with the BR and DMR being 4 shot weapons, and but they were ultimately toned down along with the rest of the sandbox across the board to match the traditional pace of past games.

•BR's recoil depends on how fast you fire, but you can learn how to readjust between each trigger pull.

•Aim assist and bloom were toned down on DMR significantly. DMR and BR are vastly different from their previous iterations.

•ALL weapons no longer get knocked out of scope when you're shot at. Instead, your camera 'flinches' while in scope, and this depends on the weapon you are using. The stability mod just controls how bad your camera shakes while you're being shot at.

•Binary rifle has 6 shots total, but only 2 shots before you can reload.

•There's a bright laser for when somebody is zooming in with the binary rifle (like the spartan laser flare from Halo 3).

•"Bi-Ri" has large reticle from the hip and shotgun-like spread, so can't run around 1sk no-scoping unless it's in extreme CQB.

•Armor mods only effect how you play and not who you are as a player. They emphasize that it behaves very differently than how it sounds on paper

•Shield recharge mod recharges your shield ~15% faster than regular, but it still takes 5 seconds out of combat before it will recharge as regular shields do. Doesn't do anything if you're still in combat.

•Nemesis tells you location of person who killed you for a few seconds after you respawn and then goes away.

•Banshee has more health. It had 330 HP in Reach and has 475 HP in Halo 4

•They changed how the vehicles take damage, which they say happens in 'buckets'. Different parts have different health that contribute to its overall HP

•Scorpion Tank's top speed and acceleration are faster. Cannon shells are slower and hdrop over distance.

•All turrets (vehicle and mounted) are more powerful.

•Warthog and Mongoose are sturdier, heavier, and more stable

•Some games have preset loadouts and those will change based on the game's lifespan and rate at which people unlock stuff

•Can only spawn with 1 pulse grenade in loadout (2 with grenadier mod) vs 2 frags or plasmas.

•Pulse grenade has to land on ground before it activates in a sphere. It does constant damage in a few waves and then builds up to explode on a final wave. Can be used for area of denial.

•Binary Rifle, Scattershot, and Incinteration Cannon are the 3 weapons that do the disintegration effect on players.
Source

Sai-kun

Banned
I have the very faintest inkling that there is a chasm in our musical tastes wide enough to swallow oceans without ever filling .

that shit is my jam.

i'll take all the wubs and unce unce unces.

edit: seriously though. when does the OST come out again? I NEED this soundtrack in my veins. The remix album is going to be objectively fantastic.

Top Bottom