• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 - Valhalla reborn as Ragnarok

Oh, and there's also a metal gear.
iX7u0R3XZ6S5A.gif

http://halo.xbox.com/en-US/Universe...-trailer/5c5bc6fb-7cb0-4552-be8e-d6f54ed5c417
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg-gspVSjak

Gameplay.

2821854-web_preview.png

2821857-web_preview.png

2821860-web_preview.png

Image gallery.

How the map looked in Halo 3:

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Saw tea bagging, thought of Franklinator. <3

Zaventem

Man they're really pushing those dubstep trailers.Will watch the version without it.I don't feel like being tortured.

I thought I was done with halo, I had bought every halo game at launch and played them all like hell. But 4 has just never interested me. This, however, changes everything.

TUROK

The coolest thing about Valhalla was the water physics, and how they dragged bodies, weapons, and debris downhill.

If this isn't recreated in this, Halo 4 can fuck off.

Haha, not really, but kind of.

Monocle

Good choice for a remake. Valhalla is a great map.

I'm not sure what to think about the Mantis. I guess it's OK unless it ends up ruining everything. (As in, becoming the central focus of every map in which it's featured.) It looks like a fun vehicle to control, at least, and I love how it can teabag. No doubt we'll see it wreak havoc in plenty of BTB videos.

Hopefully we'll get a bit of (not too much) Mantis-enabled Ghost crushing action in the campaign. I predict it will be most at home in Spartan Ops though.

watership

They screwed up the encoding or something. That video is super framey. Drove me nuts when they were just panning up the structures and the motion was catching ever few seconds.

remz

Man, I am seriously nerding out over that mech. It looks freaking amazing. I always wanted something like that in halo

jgminto

The Mantis walking animation creeps me out a little. I prefer my mechs stompy. But I do love Valhalla. Probably my favourite map from 3. Hopefully it isn't broken in 4's multiplayer.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Absolutely stunning, I'm glad to see that 343 is really pushing the 360 to it's limit. Can't wait to revisit this map :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet! I just hope it stays as a big team battle map cause 4v4s on this map was just the worst.
I think the new minimum team size in Halo 4 has been bumped up from 4v4 to 5v5, so that may make a difference. I personally think Valhalla is a bit too small for 8v8.

Monocle

have they got rid of the spartan lazer? that gun ruined vehicle combat on maps like Valhalla.
It's back. I saw it in a video of Dominion mode on YouTube. I have no idea how effective it is, except that it's still a one-hit kill on infantry.

golem

It's back. I saw it in a video of Dominion mode on YouTube. I have no idea how effective it is, except that it's still a one-hit kill on infantry.
Guy in the gameplay vid says it takes two laser shots to take down a Mantis

Would love for this to come to PC.

Hate to miss out on this but I no longer have a gold account and have now fully moved into pc gaming.

Glad to see a good shooter come to consoles this holiday season though.

Would love for this to come to PC.

Hate to miss out on this but I no longer have a gold account and have now fully moved into pc gaming.

Glad to see a good shooter come to consoles this holiday season though.

ah shit i haven't played online on a 360 in so long i forgot about the gold premium :(

Top Bottom