• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro II Gameplay Debut Trailer

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I should be working, but here. Use as you will. Dat cinematic slow. Also cut short the time on the blip for .GIF size.
If you are still looking for external testers I'd love to have some input before final release if possible.

Also, is this a 'one and done' release or will there be some more work based on feedback for the game?

qrtpJ.gif

Iksenpets

Banned
Holy shit, that was way better than I ever would have imagined. Soundtrack is awesome.

Also, General Lee's shorts cracked me up. I want to be that guy when I grow up.

consoul

cuyahoga said:
So, I'm a pedophile because I don't want to play Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time?
The original quote from the Imagine Babiez Fashion thread that started it all would make an awesome box quote. If there were ever a box.

The original quote from the Imagine Babiez Fashion thread that started it all would make an awesome box quote. If there were ever a box.

It should be made now, just for this idea. The origin of the game is almost the best part!
Seriously though, kudos to the whole team. I didn't know how far along it was! If I finally get my life settled down somewhere, I'd like to pitch in if possible too, that trailer got me PUMPED BRO!

Greenlight this. Bros will up vote the shit out of it. Chicks will dig it. I'll buy one copy for all my bros and we will bro together

Edit : this game needs a pure neogaf style sunset plane.gif intro/epilogue

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
No way, 2D Sidescroller now? Not surprising the development's taken a fair while then, big changes!

Loving the look of it though, that trailer was fantastic.

Rich!

Watched the trailer again.

Oh my god, this looks like a legitimately brilliant game. Been following this ever since I was involved in the original babyz thread, and I do have to say I really wasn't impressed with the original effort.

But this...this is insane.

I should be working, but here. Use as you will. Dat cinematic slow. Also cut short the time on the blip for .GIF size.
If you are still looking for external testers I'd love to have some input before final release if possible.

Also, is this a 'one and done' release or will there be some more work based on feedback for the game?

qrtpJ.gif

Honestly, this little slice right here embodies so much awesome. Leaps and bounds over the old build I tested back in the day. Amazing job Grimoire Assembly Forge!!!

Crying_Kenshiro-(n1308590242490).jpg

Time to uber hype myself by working on a Dudebro Gaiden level on LBP Vita!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing work, guys! So surprised to see this! What a glorious end to the day.

Looking forward to this big time. Really glad it's coming together =)

The change of style really caught me off guard. No complaints as I love retro styles more than top down 3d shooters.
It is nice to see how this game has evolved since that amazing thread began. You guys did a great job and I really look forward to playing it. I don't even like rap music but whoever made that song made a great job and it works well for the style and satire the game is going for.

Btw was it a coincidence how those crates look very similar to those Rescue Rangers ones? ;). Hopefully you can throw them at the baddies.

acm2000

anyone got a download link for the theme song? unsurprisingly, its reached the download limit on sound cloud

edit: nm, found it shared on dropbox <3

Danj

Just watched this trailer. Awesome trailer, awesome music (looking forward to downloading the extended version of that at home once you've got it reuploaded somewhere). Interest +1000000.

Wow, this is awesome. Great job to all of those involved! Incredibly commendable that you were able to get together, stay together, and create what looks to be brilliant game.

I can't wait to play it.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Add me to the list that's glad to see it made into a 2D sidescroller. All the old 3D stuff looked pretty bad to me; not necessarily in actual craftsmanship but I just thought that with all sorts of different people jumping in and jumping out all over the place it was doomed to either be an inconsistent mess or take way too long to come out after tons of rework took place.

Oneself

Congratulations guys, this looks amazing. Feels like this Babiez thread was only yesterday!

Kinda reminds me of Rescue Rangers meets Metal Slug. =) Good times ahead!

Top Bottom