View Single Post
stephentotilo
Behind The Games
(10-28-2012, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Snowden's Secret

TOTILO, I'M CALLING YOU OUT

Let GAF write your article for you, if you don't feel it's worth the time and resources for your own team to do it. We'll do the leg work, write it up, and let you do your editor thing to it (cut out baseless speculation, snarkiness, etc). We have thread full of industry quotes and all kinds of well thought out reasoning already. We'll write it, all you have to do is publish it.

We'll let you keep all the page hits.

Haven't you done enough???

Just kidding.

I haven't had time to read through this thread to absorb the full sweep of issues you guys are discussing. Yesterday, I was focused on our own readers' questions about why we hadn't covered the Florence story and on this thread's discussion of Kotaku. Chatting here helped me understand how much broader the concerns were, which is what I'll be looking into, hopefully without just rehashing the same-old, same-old from other stories about games journalism I and others have done over the years. I've already done pieces about issues with reviews and I've never been compelled strongly about suspicions about reporters and critics being on the take probably in part because I've had the benefit of working at and for outlets (MTV, Kotaku, the NY Times) which are far better insulated from many of the compromising pitfalls (to mix metaphors) than most. Still, it seems there must be new ground to cover here after all, despite my initial skepticism, otherwise this thread wouldn't have gone on so long.

So, thanks for the offer, but I think I'll be able to handle it.