• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4: Review Thread

Vire

i7FRCbR1BWJit.jpg

ivj7vdxfWLc6x.png

When is the press embargo officially over?

November 1st 12:01 AM PST / 3:01 AM EST

Reviews will be added to this opening post after the embargo has past.

Destructoid - 10
Machinima - 10
MondoXbox - 10
Game Revolution - 10
NZGamer - 10
Britbox - 10
Gaming Examiner - 10
Gaming Age - A
Joystiq - 5/5 Stars
IGN - 9.8
Xbox Addict - 9.8
Gaming Trend - 9.6
Polygon- 9.5
OXM - 9.5
Game Informer - 9.3
Canadian Online Gamers - 9.3
Gamespot - 9
Games Radar - 9
Xbox 360 Achievements - 9
GameReactor Sweden - 9
GameReactor Denmark - 9
Halo Council - 9
Eurogamer Italy - 9
MMGN.com - 9
Gamer.No - 9
GamesBeat - 9
1UP - A-
G4TV - 4.5/5 Stars
Edge - 8
Eurogamer - 8
The Sixth Axis - 8
Metro Game Central - 8
CVG - 8
Giant Bomb - 4/5 Stars
EGM - 7
*POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILERS... BEWARE* Quarter To Three - 1 Star
Kotaku - Play This Game
Rev3 Games - Buy it
Ars Technica - "Jumping head first without a Bungie (and loving it)"
Penny Arcade - "This isn’t Bungie’s Halo anymore – it’s better"

~Kinggi~

Banned
Damn, early reviews that are early.....i hope that it reviews well, at least, if they didnt moneyhat everyone.

Prediction. The game is going to be the highest rated game of the year. It's just looks and plays so much more polished the what we've been used to the last few years. At least on consoles.

Chief looks like hes got a bit of a belly in the pic.

Also thanks for including the destructoid review :D
Such early reviews are a bit worrying so ofc I'll be looking out for any shenanigans in them, but hope the game turns out well.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I don't even care about Halo but this game does look excellent. Expecting a 93 metascore from Games Journalism!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I hope reviewers think about the Metacritic. Don't want another Uncharted 3 in our hands now

Empty

i hope the reviews give different scores for the halo 4 experience when powered by mountain dew and doritos and the plain version. the latter is basically ps3 skyrim.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i expect the game to get panned heavily by the press for including a mech in a multiplayer map, having a VCR helmet, on screen text for kills, and using a magnum with the flag. for shame, 343. for shame.

sp3000

Hoping for 8 out of 10 just to see the reactions

IIRC, Eurogamer gave UC3 an 8/10 and fanboys went apeshit claiming the site was biased and gave it a 'low' score just to sabotage the Metacritic average or some other crazy theory.

Probably because it's the worst community on this forum. Although the Zelda one was pretty funny also.

I would hope that Halogaf is above that but there are a few fanboys around.

wwm0nkey

After playing and beating it on Heroic I can see this game getting a lot of good reviews. One of the best campaigns since CE.

Moofers

Its hard to get excited for this game. I think the scores will probably be around 94 or so and if that's the case, count me out. I want games to be fresh, innovative, and completely genre-redefining when possible. Also, not another sequel. Maybe I could see renting, but I'm just not sure. I've got too many other games to play anyway between finishing up Kingdom Hearts and doing my 100% run through Disgea 3.

Blueblur1

I think all of these reviews are going to be gushing about the game and know one is going to notice missing features like Campaign Films, Film Clips and Campaign Scoring. Or all the other small omissions like whole game types.

A review...preview?

Yeah, seems to be a popular thing at IGN. They've done it for years. Review Previews, and Reviews in Progress. Anything for a click, I guess.

I think all of these reviews are going to be gushing about the game and know one is going to notice missing features like Campaign Films, Film Clips and Campaign Scoring. Or all the other small omissions like whole game types.

Couldn't care less about any of those omissions. I'd rather they focus on Spartan Ops.

Top Bottom