• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PantherLotus said:
Samurai Warriors Wave

Latest images.

samurai-warriors-wave-20060921100119819.jpg

Are you ****ing kidding me?

That would look bad on DS..seriously wtf.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
c'mon developers throw me a bone here, 16:9 is not that hard. Looks like a nintendo console with only nintendo developed software for me (as of now).

Nervous Hamster said:
Back offf! It's not about the graaaphiccs. I repeat, it's not about the graaaphics!

It's about the one-day-fun-only Wiiremote.
i don't think you need to troll anything other than the graphics here, though i can see how trolling graphics this bad might seem too small a challenge.

edit: with respect to the screens on this page.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

These were released in Matt's rant on his blog.
Spoiler:
And I'm pretty sure that's either controllable dragon with Link riding, or Link as a dragon.
Yeah I said it.

screens-20060921033930379-000.jpg

screens-20060921033934629-000.jpg

screens-20060921033932582-000.jpg

screens-20060921033935832-000.jpg

nelkon and parker said:
Hideously ugly. The developers should be ashamed of themselves. I hope they cry themselves to sleep at night.

agreed I think these people are afraid to show how talentless they really are so they all come to Wii so they can blame the hardware because they know if they tried this shit on PS3 or 360 they would have been exposed as hacks

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Smiles and Cries said:
agreed I think these people are afraid to show how talentless they really are so they all come to Wii so they can blame the hardware because they know if they tried this shit on PS3 or 360 they would have been exposed as hacks

Please be specific when talking about developers (or at least specific about the screenie you're referring to) for clarity purposes. As in: which developers? Which games? I have an idea, but I want to be certain to which you refer.

Deku

Banned
KOEI's shit launch games on every console doesn't need to be defended. I really hate this 'new' KOEI sometimes. I want their strategy games, not this action BS.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Super Mario Galaxy

Boss fight with the Robot. Taken from video. Please excuse the hideous spotlight in the upper left. Some asshole had that light on at the worst possible angle. Oh well. Some good caps here.

SMG38.jpg

SMG37.jpg

SMG36.jpg

SMG35.jpg

SMG34.jpg

SMG33.jpg

SMG32.jpg

SMG31.jpg

SMG30.jpg

SMG29.jpg

SMG28.jpg

SMG27.jpg

SMG26.jpg

SMG25.jpg

SMG24.jpg

SMG23.jpg

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Why can Nintendo output graphics like this and Koei (for example) not ? Wii's hardware is always the same.
Developer like Koei have argon in their brains

Koei just need to go shove the N64 up their ass and go develop for portables. It looks like a great game for PSP.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
...I'm going to need a better video than some 200x200 grainy video of a trailer without any gameplay for me to post anything about HEROES bud. If you have something, pm me. At this point, I'd just as soon wait for something a bit more representative than just throw some awful thumnail shots of a questionable video. Let me know.

Cooking Mama

060914406_1.jpg

060914406_2.jpg

060914406_3.jpg

060914406_4.jpg

060914406_5.jpg

060914406_6.jpg

060914406_7.jpg

060914406_8.jpg

060914406_9.jpg

castle007

Banned
PantherLotus said:
And I'm pretty sure that's either controllable dragon with Link riding, or Link as a dragon.
Yeah I said it.

In the trailer, it doesn't look like Link is riding the dragon, so it is probably Link

The copy of the Hereos trailer I have is 720 x 576, but still not the best quality.

Oh, and about Zelda:

I'm pretty sure Wolf Link is hanging from that dragon. You still have all his abilities on the D-Pad. And he's pretty visable here

Ranger X

Chao said:
metroidprime1.jpg

I said wow.

MP3 looks really nice.

The robot and Samus herself are HAWT. But be damned ****ing bloom all over the screen again. It's like looking at the game through some greasy glasses. Yuk.

castle007

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
The copy of the Hereos trailer I have is 720 x 576, but still not the best quality.

Oh, and about Zelda:

I'm pretty sure Wolf Link is hanging from that dragon. You still have all his abilities on the D-Pad. And he's pretty visable here

Ok cool, then my first guess was right. This is the animal that is supposed to take you to places because Hyrule is so big

Branduil

Ranger X said:
The robot and Samus herself are HAWT. But be damned ****ing bloom all over the screen again. It's like looking at the game through some greasy glasses. Yuk.

I think that's more because it's not a direct screen capture.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I honest think some developers are on the following train of thought;

Wii=console for non-gamers/casuals. Non-gamers/casuals don't know anything about graphics or care. So shoving mediocre titles with waggle functionally is acceptable.

All this adds up to $$$ in bottom-line.

loosus

Banned
Does the Mario model itself have per-pixel lighting and self-shadowing? Mario just looks noticeably better than the environment and other models.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Bomberman Land looks like a GCN title...still it's lovable Bomberman so there isn't much you can do graphically. It's like Kirby in the SSB:B video, where Link, Mario get upgraded and he doesn't.:lol

Super Swing Pangya Golf looms nice...except maybe the grass. But that's minor. I'm looking forward to it.:)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Fishing Master

I'm sorry, but this is going to be ****ing sweet. Seriously. If you can work "GET!" into your game, you win. End of story.

fishing-master-20060922015506215.jpg

fishing-master-20060922015505543.jpg

fishing-master-20060922015504590.jpg

fishing-master-20060922015503730.jpg

fishing-master-20060922015502949.jpg

fishing-master-20060922015502230.jpg

fishing-master-20060922015501480.jpg

fishing-master-20060922015500668.jpg

F#A#Oo

Banned
Sylfurd said:
yes bring us back the E3 demo, it looked a looooot nicer :/

Wrong game...:D Nintendo made the "Airplane" demo.

This is a completely different title. From what I've seen the missions sound wacky/weird. It needs a bit of work but the potential is there...if enough effort is put in.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i'm such a dork for wanting to buy and play cooking mama. :lol

and omg at MP3.

PantherLotus said:
Spoiler:
Yeah I said it.
look closely at the video. the bird is carrying Link (in wolf form) in its talons.

Sylfurd

Peru said:
Kororinpina looks like the real deal.

Ummm, no, that was nintendo airplane.
woo ! I was pretty sure it was the same game ! ok no prob then, they just can release that crappy game, if i can get my Nintendo Airplane !

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Again, look at these latest batch of screens. The palettes of rich blues, yellows, and other vivid colors are quite striking. Wii developers would be fortunate to notice the difference that vivid colors have on this platform. All of the Hudson games (kororina, wing island) need a lot of work. They aren't doing themselves any favors by releasing these screens. We need lots of polish and lots of color.

Pangya Golf looks freaking awesome. Cooking Mama looks fun if not graphically superior at all, at least for a rental or for some non-gamer introductions. Look at the pastels in that game.

The marble madness clone looks fun, but very muddy at this point. They need to grab the pangya palette and make everything much more crisp. This game has potential, but it won't grab anybody with gameplay alone. It needs a *pop* like Fishing Master

And what can I say about fishing master? The colors, the apparent concept...it just looks cool as ****. I'm betting they could come up with an anime-influenced Deer Hunter that would destroy the USA as we know it.

More screens as they become available.

Top Bottom