• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I don't really see the point of the king. He's worth 5 more points that a normal kill, then he gets worth more after he gets more kills? It seems kind of pointless. Everyone just runs to the king and if you kill all of them you can win without even worrying about the king. I've played 2 games, won 2 games.

Oddball though... oddball. I feel like Joe Montana out there. If you get a good team, oddball is more fun than I have had in a long time.

Oddball was consistently my least favorite gametype until Halo 4. Whoever came up with the passing idea should get a raise.

I know it won't happen but I wish 343 would go back to having a smaller weapon sandbox with each weapon having more of a unique role like the older games. Over half the weapons are useless, especially all the Promethean weapons.

Potential is nice but Reach is still the better total package at this point. TUs better start dropping. Especially for Forge.

Haven codes

MY9DK-FPYGD-H2FPG-6JKP6-G7W2Z
2FCDF-FMCH7-PGCKH-2PMK3-CP9YZ
9G3K9-4XXHQ-TF27D-7M2Y9-3JJQZ
PXQXK-7YXQT-MR7F2-9GM63-KHYCZ
JFKKK-C34RC-GJWXX-GD2MX-WRWTZ
KY9JD-2XWD9-CYHKH-C6QDC-4V76Z
JKG4J-MP977-2RVVT-76766-7FJGZ
MRWC7-76XDH-TQ6XY-J67PV-Y7PMZ
KD4PC-6TG3T-G6379-WT3FK-JK4DZ
X7MKC-4WWT7-WJW7T-27JXD-MHFJZ
246VX-4QY3W-3G6QT-6W63Q-7XR3Z
CK67D-4CDH7-D9F42-WCDKF-CC2PZ

I think that has to do with how Reach and 4 load gametypes. In Halo 3 you could switch between gametypes in-game because they were all hardcoded into the engine.

Cheers grabbed - X7MKC-4WWT7-WJW7T-27JXD-MHFJZ

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I know it won't happen but I wish 343 would go back to having a smaller weapon sandbox with each weapon having more of a unique role like the older games. Over half the weapons are useless, especially all the Promethean weapons.
Incineration Cannon validates the entire Promethean weapon group.

Lingitiz

Potential is nice but Reach is still the better total package at this point. TUs better start dropping. Especially for Forge.
I agree that Reach was the better package when looking at the game as a whole. I still think that Halo 4's core gameplay is much better than Reach's ever was. And while the maps aren't all good, there's more standout ones here than in Reach.

I never really play FFA so this isn't an informed opinion, but Regicide seems fairly stupid. In the game I played of it people were just flocking to the King and ignoring everything else. In a way that's awesome, but it also promotes very bad behavior. Also the fact that it's score based and not kill based for the win is pretty awful; I won the game I played by only 10 points, but I had 4 or 5 more kills than second place.
I never really played FFA in prior Halo games, the closest thing I did was probably multi team. That said, I really enjoy Regicide. I'm starting to get into pretty competitive games where the flow towards the king feels good. My problem with FFA in the past was the plain randomness inherent to the gametype, but Regicide has an objective and flow that plays well. The scoring is kinda annoying though, but I don't really care if I win or lose most of the time.

Cow

I agree with this, I have no idea why they brought back the DMR - it is killing multiplayer for me, can pick off and get picked off so easily from anywhere on the map.

Noricart

Yea I don't really see the point of the king. He's worth 5 more points that a normal kill, then he gets worth more after he gets more kills? It seems kind of pointless. Everyone just runs to the king and if you kill all of them you can win without even worrying about the king. I've played 2 games, won 2 games.

Oddball though... oddball. I feel like Joe Montana out there. If you get a good team, oddball is more fun than I have had in a long time.

You obviously haven't played oddball on Solace. Or Abandon.
Abandon is bad imo. Hold the center building and win pretty much. Solace is just camping after a point lead, with too much frivolous geomotrey and too many paths, leading to more encounters on the middle paths of the map and camping the bases. At least in my experience.

FyreWulff

I agree with this, I have no idea why they brought back the DMR - it is killing multiplayer for me, can pick off and get picked off so easily from anywhere on the map.

Because this is what happens when you include multiple redundant weapons, especially ones that the same developer broke in the last game they updated.

I somehow (don't even know how I got it) had the DMR loadout from my first game onwards and I haven't switched away from it yet. Don't think I've actually even picked up an AR in multi yet.

Haven codes

MY9DK-FPYGD-H2FPG-6JKP6-G7W2Z
2FCDF-FMCH7-PGCKH-2PMK3-CP9YZ
9G3K9-4XXHQ-TF27D-7M2Y9-3JJQZ
PXQXK-7YXQT-MR7F2-9GM63-KHYCZ
JFKKK-C34RC-GJWXX-GD2MX-WRWTZ
KY9JD-2XWD9-CYHKH-C6QDC-4V76Z
JKG4J-MP977-2RVVT-76766-7FJGZ
MRWC7-76XDH-TQ6XY-J67PV-Y7PMZ
KD4PC-6TG3T-G6379-WT3FK-JK4DZ
X7MKC-4WWT7-WJW7T-27JXD-MHFJZ
246VX-4QY3W-3G6QT-6W63Q-7XR3Z
CK67D-4CDH7-D9F42-WCDKF-CC2PZ

I think that has to do with how Reach and 4 load gametypes. In Halo 3 you could switch between gametypes in-game because they were all hardcoded into the engine.

Took KY9JD-2XWD9-CYHKH-C6QDC-4V76Z, Thanks Fyre!

CyReN

dDkeY.jpg

No Sol? I've been using it since Halo 2..

Oddball was consistently my least favorite gametype until Halo 4. Whoever came up with the passing idea should get a raise.

Seriously. It improved the game 10-fold. Oddball was an immediate veto for me in previous Halo's. It's great now.

Anybody know when well be getting a playlist update? I feel like they are missing some gametypes or something. I like how you don't have to vote for a gametype as well as map, but they did make a grifball court, and there is no where to play it in MM. Hopefully they bring back action sack with a rugby/football gametype somewhere in it... :0

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is it just me or does the light rifle suck?

I feel like I have to aim higher with it when I'm scoped in. Dropped so many shields but just couldn't finish the last kill. Gonna take some adjustment. Might be good to go with the Firepower armor mod and double it up with the BR. Use the LR long range and BR for everything else.

Also, anyone find out a way to tell if someone is host yet? I wish they would just fucking tell us lol

FyreWulff

Seriously. It improved the game 10-fold. Oddball was an immediate veto for me in previous Halo's. It's great now.

Anybody know when well be getting a playlist update? I feel like they are missing some gametypes or something. I like how you don't have to vote for a gametype as well as map, but they did make a grifball court, and there is no where to play it in MM. Hopefully they bring back action sack with a rugby/football gametype somewhere in it... :0

They also brought back Timberland and there's no way to play it in Reach MM anymore :p

btw, Game Fuel found at 50th & Grover Bag 'N Save. I took the last one though. But at least I know that one is stocking it and has a spot for it on the shelf now :lol

I got stuck there for so long earlier today on my solo legendary run. I've played all the campaigns on legendary and I have NEVER had as much trouble with any part of the other games as I did with this part. I had to railgun+lightrifle headshot all the knights really quick before they could spawn their watchers, and I still fought probably 7 or 8 knights in total, plus 50+ crawlers. I HATED that part. Never been so frustrated with a part of a Halo campaign like that.

Edit: Also, the Knights ALWAYS start their stupid teleport that makes them temporary invulnerable right when I start charging the rail gun. I'm assuming that's what you meant about the rail gun passing through them.
Here's a tip if you ever do that again: get on the turret. I did legendary solo on launch night, and when I got to that part i just sat on the turret and shot everything that moved. I melted them, they didn't even come close to killing me.

So turret.

MrDaravon

I can't seem to ever get anything going with the Light Rifle; I've tried, but I swear that hits don't connect, or don't feel like they connect. I just don't seem to get that feedback that I get with other weapons for some reason.

Thermite

A couple of changes I hope 343 makes in their first patch: ammo perk should only give additional ammo to your primary and secondary starting weapons (not give ammo to any power weapons you pick up or get from ordinance), and when someone crouches while they're using camo, the blue dots need to still be there. Allowing someone to have camo and just crouch to get around the risk of using it is ridiculous.

Havok

No Sol? I've been using it since Halo 2..
Looks like Sol and Phoenix got cut, and Hawk didn't make a return but Snake did? Weird.

Folks not being able to use long-running emblems is a shame. I'd assume Bungie owned a bunch of them and took them with em, but I'd at least expect all of Reach's stable to return...

Redford

aka Cabbie
I dunno about the redundancy of the rifles, even if it's barely more than cosmetic I still like rotating between the DMR, BR or Carbine based on a bunch of factors.

I wish they would make the LR a 4sk descoped as well, I really want to use it but it's not worth it most of the time. =(

Zoolader

Just walking around Walmart and there is a single LE just sitting on the shelf, Is this normal? I'm gonna check eBay real quick.

No way. It's supposed to dominate at close range. It was awful in Reach. Now it's worth having.

EDIT: My cyclone symbol didn't make it in? :(
It should never be in Halo. It's a weapon that doesn't fit the sandbox as a strong weapon. Pray N Spay is such a bad/stupid mechanic that belongs more-so in COD. I've always felt this way and always will. Thankfully, 4's other weapons are up to the task unlike Reach... I don't mind the Saw b/c it's treated as a power weapon.

Where is the Moon emblem? That's been a staple for me since Halo2 as well. Cyren, I feel you bro.

EDIT: Beaten!
No more crescent / double crescent emblem?! what the fuck! :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my first Killtac of Halo 4 on HaloGAF + Lil' Donglet.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Every Solace game:
*Stick head out*
*GET SHOT ACROSS ENTIRE MAP from every angle*
*Finally have "1v1" battle*
Nope, teammate was on a ramp/behind a crate and is now jumping in the air and shooting you in the head.

Every Solace game:
*Stick head out*
*GET SHOT ACROSS ENTIRE MAP from every angle*
*Finally have "1v1" battle*
Nope, teammate was on a ramp/behind a crate and is now jumping in the air and shooting you in the head.

There is no where to be strategically on a couple of maps. You're just SOL. You find one place to regen your shit and you're either dealing with PV or instant respawn + dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom