• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC DLC!!! (Play as Vergil)

VERGIL’S DOWNFALL CONFIRMED FOR DMC DEVIL MAY CRY

Experience a brand new chapter of the DmC Devil May Cry adventure with Vergil’s Downfall, additional content that tells the untold story of Dante’s twin brother Vergil. Downloadable* from XBLA and PSN, Vergil’s Downfall contains hours of new gameplay, 4 difficulty levels and the opportunity to play as one of the most wanted Devil May Cry characters, Vergil, with an all new storyline, weapons, combos, enemies and locations.

Vergil’s Downfall will be available shortly after launch for 720 MS points and €8.99 / £7.29 on PlayStation Network.
http://youtu.be/t8SU9oQBWLo

Ugh, Feels like a cash grab attempt to win back fans because everyone liked virgil.

Kinda looking forward to this game and ill grab the DLC but why do i care about Virgils downfall if this is a reboot of the series?

Lyonaz

Watch it being on disc DLC.

Otherwise make it a stand alone game like Infamous Festival of Blood and I'll play.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Please buy at full price on launch day, but also buy this DLC. Don't do that thing where you wait for cut/bomba prices and then get it and the DLC for the price it should be from the beginning. That would be bad. Do not use you brain, consumer. We are banking on this! Please!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Tenki

Capcom Europe's email has another extra line:

*Please note that this additional content is not on the retail disc and is only available via download post launch

Edit: seeing the pounds, it's the same mail :lol

Jawmuncher

DLC trailer months before games release. All of my rage at this gen.

Yeah I don't know what they're thinking releasing it this earlier.
True it's being made now regardless but man just keep it hidden a bit.
Regardless though we know the games is done already, since it's just be held off for release in January so it doesn't die this Holiday in terms of sales.

Yuterald

lol!

UNLOCKABLES!

Oh my god, that was the funniest thing I've ever seen. "Come on, guys, purchase this DLC! You can actually unlock stuff once you download it! It's just like the old days! You're finally getting what you're always clamoring about!"

What a joke. Just stop it, Capcom/Ninja Theory. This is beyond ridiculous.

Dali

You had to buy the greatest hits or whatever rerelease of DMC3 for $20 like a year after the original DMC3 was released if you wanted to play as Virgil. So they're giving you the ability to ply as Virgil a lot sooner on the plus side. If you bought the original it was $70 total, but you could have sold your physical copy of the original and recouped some of that. Id say this is a wash as far as value compared to gens past. Of course ill always favor physical merchandise so that tips the scales of the way things used to be done, but you're paying about the same amount as you did in years past (assuming you didn't dump your original copy of dmc3) and you get to play as Virgil a year sooner.

robotnik

most wanted Devil May Cry characters, Vergil
VfZau.jpg

Ugh.

Yeah I don't know what they're thinking releasing it this earlier.
True it's being made now regardless but man just keep it hidden a bit.
Regardless though we know the games is done already, since it's just be held off for release in January so it doesn't die this Holiday in terms of sales.

because it's a free preorder bonus with some retailers (best buy, gamestop as far as I'm aware in the US), so costumers should be aware.

DMC3SE cost 20 dollars when it came out. It addressed difficulty modes, added turbo mode, as well as including Vergil gameplay for the entire game based on fan feedback. No one knew how successful DMC3 or Vergil was going to be

Jawmuncher

because it's a free preorder bonus with some retailers (best buy, gamestop as far as I'm aware in the US), so costumers should be aware.

Wait this DLC is a preorder bonus?
None of the images work at work so i'm going off what's said in the thread.
If so then it makes sense indeed to reveal it now.

Yuterald

You had to buy the greatest hits or whatever rerelease of DMC3 for $20 like a year after the original DMC3 was released. So if you bought the original it was $70 total, but you could have sold your physical copy of the original and recouped some of that. Id say this is a wash as far as value compared to gens past. Of course ill always favor physical merchandise so that tips the scales of the way things used to be done.

Yeah, I've been saying this for awhile now too. Even though I've embraced digital distribution to some extent I CANNOT STAND how there is NO VALUE attached to digital content. I will always prefer/buy physical for as long as I can because of the no resell value. Plus, down the road, none of us TRULY know if we'll be able to access all of this content. Rant aside...back on topic!

EDIT:

Top Bottom