• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, best indie jrpg ever, getting a sequel!

barkley2_cyberdwarfconfrontation_fdpln_500x3751.jpg

http://www.talesofgames.com/

WARNING: The announcement you are about to read is canon.

Tales of Game’s Studios is excited to announce The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa, the sequel to the 2008 edutainment tour de force Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden. Barkley 2 is an action RPG that continues the story of the previous game and features an open, non-linear world for players to explore and discover. Barkley 2 pits the player as X114JAM9, an amnesiac baller with no recollection of his past and no concept of his incredible b-ball destiny. Only the arcane wisdom of the otherworldly slam scholar Cyberdwarf can reclaim his lost memories… and lost b-ball powers. But first, X114JAM9 must evade the sinister grasp of the malevolent A.I. Cuchulainn, his would-be captor and the ancient nemesis of all ballers, hoopsters, slammers and jammers.

The ball is in your court. The fate of the galaxy, the Post-Cyberpocalypse and all of b-balldom is in your hands. Do you have the courage, vigor and sagacity to slam with the best? Or are you just going to jam with the rest?

“Barkley 2 is the game that will change the RPG playing field forever. The edutainment revolution is nigh.”
- Tales of Game’s

“Tales of Game’s have one-upped themselves with Barkley 2. With a focus on rich narrative, strong characters, open-ended exploration, serious choice and consequence, Barkley 2 is a game that will have echoes throughout the edutainment industry.”
- Tales of Game’s

“When a winning concept, a talented, battle-tested crew, and a noble destiny collide… [Barkley 2 is] a financier’s dream combination.”
- Tales of Game’s

“The Post-Cyberpocalypse has never looked so grim… or so beautiful. Barkley 2 is the first game to make me question if vidcons have the capacity to be art.”
- Barack Obama

Stay tuned, because we’ll be running a Barkley 2 Kickstarter campaign later this month. In the meantime, check out our Twitter account at @talesofgames for updates or contact us for further information at contact@talesofgames.com. But be careful – the Post-Cyberpocalypse is coming.

Semper games.

- Tales of Game’s

If ya haven't played the original, play it. It's free.

http://www.talesofgames.com/related_game/barkley-shut-up-jam-gaiden/

Ein Bear

Best piece of gaming related news I've heard all year.

Actually, scratch that. Best piece of news I've heard all year.

geebee

Banned
I still need to play the first game.. I have next week off from work, so maybe then I will finally be able to get into this!

FUCK YEAH

I was litterally in my car yesterday telling someone about this game and the story and how pissed I was that there was never a sequel.

RedSwirl

I could understand the first game being allowed due to it being freeware, but would Charles Barkley actually allow this Kickstarter to go through?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

BiggNife

Four years later and the name "Hoopz Barkley" still makes me laugh

I guess that says something about my sense of humor

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
YES.

One of the best, if not the best, RPGs of the generation. I was thinking of starting an RTTP/GAF Plays thread for this when I finished my FF4 playthrough but it looks like it isn't needed, haha.

slamjam22ii4.png

Top Bottom