• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nin-Network Acct locked to system it was made on [Upd: Customer Service can't help]

Just tested it in the stream :(

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb

"This Nintendo Network ID has already been linked to another Wii U console."

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/account_your_account.jsp

Can I Log Into My Nintendo Network Account on a Different Console?
Answer:

-No, you cannot. A Nintendo Network Account can only be used on the console where it was created. In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's.

-Currently, the Wii U supports up to 12 individual Nintendo Network ID's per console, which enables each member of the family to have his or her own unique identity on the system.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
One step forward, two steps back.

MNC

I just noticed and immediately thought gaf would erupt. Seems to be right.

They're not sure it cannot be unlinked though, need to try that.

Andrefpvs

pD4r7.jpg

Randdalf

Yeah it seems to be the case. Though, the account they were trying to link was currently active on the console they're streaming from, it might be useful to try it with Brad's account (which they aren't currently playing on).

I'm pretty sure this is a non-issue for a large majority of players though. Certainly I'm never going to log onto another console with my account, but I guess it's important for some.

rpmurphy

Did they unlink it first? Otherwise it doesn't make sense to even have the option to link a user to an existing NNID.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah it seems to be the case. Though, the account they were trying to link was currently active on the console they're streaming from, it might be useful to try it with Brad's account (which they aren't currently playing on).

I'm pretty sure this is a non-issue for a large majority of players though. Certainly I'm never going to log onto another console with my account, but I guess it's important for some.

It will be less of an issue if hardware reliability isn't an issue.

But the whole point of an account is so if you buy a new system you can just log in and redownload your stuff. This isn't any different from Wii's redownload system at the minute.

TheNatural

My Member!
Seems like one thing after another with this launch .. 2 GIGS of RAM - BUT - not as good quality and a 7 year old console. This, this, and this feature - BUT needs online update for an hour to install.

I don't see how it's so fucking hard to get a simple online system up and running. Shit, outsource the stuff to Valve, I'm sure they'll handle it on the cheap just to get Steamworks running on it.

Erethian

Seems like one thing after another with this launch .. 2 GIGS of RAM - BUT - not as good quality and a 7 year old console. This, this, and this feature - BUT needs online update for an hour to install.

I don't see how it's so fucking hard to get a simple online system up and running. Shit, outsource the stuff to Valve, I'm sure they'll handle it on the cheap just to get Steamworks running on it.

Hardware launches are usually pretty messy.

There must be a way to transfer your id to another console. If not what will happen to all your downloads/purchases if your console breaks?

Shahed

I don't want to overreact, but doesn't this mean it's the same as the Wii, and that my account would be effectively useless?

NewFresh

They tried to log in while the account was in use on a nother system.

Not sure if that helps, but should provide some clarification.

I don't want to overreact, but doesn't this mean it's the same as the Wii, and that my account would be effectively useless?

No. They already said they'll allow you to access your account from other devices so clearly things are linked to the account not the system. All this means is that at the moment, you can't log into the same account on different systems, which sort of makes sense. How would they handle downloaded content on the system memory?

Mr. F

Banned
Are we sure about this? I was under the impression it wasn't working because they were signing in with the same account that was playing a game on the other console (or maybe I missed something).

The Boat

This isnt any steps forward. They made the account completely irrelevent toward downloads.
Bull. If it's linked to account you will obviously be able unlink it in case it gets stolen or something. If not, there would be no reason for them to do an account system.
Hell, even Nintendo says that WiiU->WiiU transfer might be looked into in the future, so I wouldn't be surprised if they adopted a system similar to 360 in the future with an update. Not that I'm expecting it to happen.

Top Bottom