• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I either hacked the Wii U Miiverse or I am stupid.

Trike

Well, I was messing around in Miiverse trying to find out how the hell to do the initial set-up of my friends list to no avail. In doing so I accidentally found the "debug" menu on Miiverse. At first I thought, "Hey, neat!" thinking it was just a legit secret or something. I can even access something with the name "prototype" that seems to be the actual prototype Miiverse in Japanese. Apparently John Lennon is still alive and is posting on the Japanese Miiverse. Most buttons that I tried don't work (Acid_Test?) so I thought, hay, maybe GAF could have fun with this or translate it. That is when I found the admin list.

At first it asked me to sign in, because my login information didn't match. Then I pressed a button and it sent me to a list of admins anyway. They had buttons in the same row as the names, and I could "regenerate password" or "Delete Admin" or something along those lines. I didn't do it it because I didn't want to risk getting my god damn Wii U banned on day 1.

What should I do with this information? Is there anyway I can contact Nintendo about this directly without going through their customer service email crap? Should I let everyone know how to do it? Am I an idiot and this is already well known somehow? I can post pics, but they are going to have to be shitty cellphone pictures. Unless The Wii U has a built in snapshot thing.

TL;DR I may be able to avenge Jim Sterlings Batman review post by deleting admins, what should I do?

Edit: Pics
2012_11_18_17_44_03_487.jpg

Direct links to minus.com for those having issues with postimage.

http://i.minus.com/ibc5HDu7Mo6db1.jpg
http://i.minus.com/iLhUdJJ68n1Zj.jpg
http://i.minus.com/icr0thOkt34O8.jpg

Edit 2:

Why.

Secrets revealed.

FINAL EDIT:

Summary of events from my end.

I found out I could access the debug menu on Miiverse by hitting the "X" button on the gamepad while hovering over the exit button. I found an admin access list or something to that effect. I couldn't really do anything from there though. I could view different messages from a developer though. One mentioned that there would be big games coming out(announced?) on the 10th of December. A different said "POKEMON" and "SUICIDE". Sorry, bro.

I went to another link that lead me to some test messages. I thought they were real when I found them, because they were posted 20 minutes ago from the time I accessed them. I could flag them for prohibited content, spoilers, and something else that I forget.

Then I went to a different link on the debug menu and it showed three different Miiverse subforums I could access that would be coming out on December 20th. I clicked on the "games for teens, kids and blahblah" (forgot the other two, I think family games was one of them?) and it lead to some sort of dispute between Timelord celebrities Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. There were even more subforums for games specifically, including Yoshi's Island Wii U and Soul Hackers, and less specific ones like "Metal Gear Solid" and "Resident Evils". By the time I stopped posting on gaf to check for more it was fixed, and someone pointed out that Nintendo put up a tweet about a miiverse fix.

I don't know if I really could flag posts to be deleted or whatever, but I know I could not make myself an admin or delete admins. At least when I pressed the buttons nothing happened.

Richie

It's going to be fun seeing Nintendo's online development.

EDIT, AFTER THE STUFF OF GAF LEGENDS HAPPENED: And HOW, damn it!

Contact Nintendo. You might get your ID/console fucked - you've no idea what your accessing internal or external.

Don't fuck about - console cost you too much.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
This is your one shot at glory. If you don't delete everyone, it will all be for naught. Become immortal.

Top Bottom