• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

can Mario U's music be patched?

thirty

Banned
I dunno if they have custom soundtracks on WiiU but is it possible for nintendo to patch the nsmb soundtrack? They have to know we're sick of it and its a blight on the series. I'm literally passing on the Wii U simply because after a few BAW BAWs I turn the games off when I attempt to try the new ones. Couldn't take that long to remix some classic Mario tunes eh? Is it possible?

Richie

Nintendo: BAH!

Seriously, that's a good one. "We realize how lazy we were with the game's music. Here, have a patch to get rid of the recycled soundtrack we shamelessly put on the game".

Next you'll ask them to create new assets.
Jokin', fellas! Put down that axe!

Mr. F

Banned
I dunno if they have custom soundtracks on WiiU but is it possible for nintendo to patch the nsmb soundtrack? They have to know we're sick of it and its a blight on the series. I'm literally passing on the Wii U simply because after a few BAW BAWs I turn the games off when I attempt to try the new ones. Couldn't take that long to remix some classic Mario tunes eh? Is it possible?

thirty
DEFINITELY NOT
an Economics Major
(Today, 01:24 AM)

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'm sorry, but this is seriously a ridiculous question. Before making this thread you already knew the answer.

Hint:
it won't happen

Goldmund

If homebrew ever comes to the U, maybe there's a chance. For now I advise you to turn off the music for the offending levels. That's the safest solution for your ears.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Good thing this is Wii U.

Turn the volume down on the pad and watch TV or a movie.

PedroRVD

This is not a ridiculous question. I'm glad to not be the only one who is absolutely sick of this.

Wah-Wah in New Super Mario Bros 2 is ridiculous...I tried to enjoy the game, then I got to a castle...and even the castle music has wah-wah...I had enough that moment. Never played it again.

I'm absolutely passing on Mario U when I heard the same recycled music with more wah-wah.

I hope Nintendo receives feedback somehow about this... I know my observations on Club Nintendo surveys will never get read.

wah-wah :(

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Ape the Music player app from the 3DS and let me run it while playing games. Bam, everyone's happy.

Soul_Pie

As far as I'm concerned the music and the sound effects in the new super mario bros games bring each game down a whole point if we were to rate them out of 10. If the sound is so bad that you want to turn the volume off entirely then there is something seriously wrong. Some of the lazy, most obnoxious stuff you'll ever hear, the fact that they even repeat the same shitty tunes and have the turtles dancing to them. I don't think I have ever heard more grating music in a series of videogames.

And to think of Super Mario Galaxy's brilliance....how is this even posssible???

Goldmund

As far as I'm concerned the music and the sound effects in the new super mario bros games bring each game down a whole point if we were to rate them out of 10. If the sound is so bad that you want to turn the volume off entirely then there is something seriously wrong. Some of the lazy, most obnoxious stuff you'll ever hear, the fact that they even repeat the same shitty tunes and have the turtles dancing to them. I don't think I have ever heard more grating music in a series of videogames.

And to think of Super Mario Galaxy's brilliance....how is this even posssible???
So you're saying it's the music that defines our generation.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how could you even think this would be a likely thing? Where have you ever heard of a company going 'hey guys that thing we sold, yeah it's total shit let's change it after sale'

this is the most bizarre gaming topic I've read in a while.

PedroRVD said:
This is not a ridiculous question. I'm glad to not be the only one who is absolutely sick of this.

this is almost more ridiculous than the ridiculous question the OP posted.

worst topic ever.

UberTag

If you guys want to play a recent Mario release with a really nice and unannoying soundtrack that requires no patching, I recommend Paper Mario: Sticker Star.
No WAH WAHs or dancing goombas to be found here.

Jeff Gerstmann?

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING

Muku

I don't know. I don't find this topic to be ridiculous. But then again the wah-wah's have long worn their welcome and I absolutely hate that music. I wouldn't mind recycled good music, but they recycle the one recent piece of gaming music that drives me batty. Will they patch? No. Don't even think selling DLC to let you play other things is on their mind. :p I plan to play with the sound off completely. Maybe turn on iTunes. E3 drove me bonkers because every time they showed NSMBU it had that music. Burns mah ears and brain.

thirty

Banned
how could you even think this would be a likely thing? Where have you ever heard of a company going 'hey guys that thing we sold, yeah it's total shit let's change it after sale'

this is the most bizarre gaming topic I've read in a while. E

this is almost more ridiculous than the ridiculous question the OP posted.

worst topic ever.

Why's it so bizarre? Namco has been doing it for years. Even tho they charge, it'd be a better value if nintendo were to do it.

I mean not even capcom is this lazy. They may have not changed the music of street fighter in 25 years but they arrange it very nicely without fail every time.

This is suddenly everyone's opinion after last week's Bombcast.

Its been my opinion since this.

new-super-mario-bros-20060306011305230.jpg

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know. I don't find this topic to be ridiculous. But then again the wah-wah's have long worn their welcome and I absolutely hate that music. I wouldn't mind recycled good music, but they recycle the one recent piece of gaming music that drives me batty. Will they patch? No. Don't even think selling DLC to let you play other things is on their mind. :p I plan to play with the sound off completely. Maybe turn on iTunes. E3 drove me bonkers because every time they showed NSMBU it had that music. Burns mah ears and brain.

then you probably eat cereal without milk and think that's OK.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I love the desperation of the title. "guys is there ANY WAY this music can be changed??" The way this Wii U hate is manifesting after not even a week is fucking fascinating.

Berordn

Why would you pass on the console because of one game? Were you just going to buy it for NSMBU? That's kind of silly.

Top Bottom