• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey quick Q thats been bugging me - is there a way to highlight text? i keep trying the typical iOS way but that doesnt work.

also - can i turn off the message that keeps asking if i want to share whatever i did as an activity?

Iacobellis

How can I track my physical orders from Origin? I haven't gotten a verification email yet (after having it "sent" twice), my order history is empty, and I don't see any obvious link for tracking on the site.

I just want my NFS and FIFA now! Gr...

How can I track my physical orders from Origin? I haven't gotten a verification email yet (after having it "sent" twice), my order history is empty, and I don't see any obvious link for tracking on the site.

I'm thinking about calling tomorrow

LProtag

I finally got my Vita.

It has a dead pixel. What do I do? Contact Amazon?

Edit: Looks like they're just going to send me a replacement and I have 30 days to return this one. That was easy.

How should I deal with backing up saves and stuff?

DiscoJer

It makes no sense, but you track your physical orders on the EA site

https://www.ea.com/profile

Your physical order history should be under that, not your origin profile.

But yeah, I ordered NFS:MW with the silly hopes of playing it this weekend, but clearly that is not going to happen.

You can just checkout with them via the PS3..dont even need to download them yet if you dont want. Then when you do boot up with your Vita finally, you can download them anytime you want.

You should have well past 11/30 to do it though. I dont think the Vita content is going to update until the third week of December or so.

I would expect something new on Tuesday, 12/4.
1 new PS3, 1 new Vita.

Yopis

Same boat as you.

Best friends forever

98FACADE-1BAD-419D-8498-F1D986AF05AE-1486-000001F4DF667857.jpg

My 3 favourite games so far have to be All Stars, Wipeout and Mutant Blob Attacks. All easy to just jump into for a few minutes to play some levels/rounds and then put down.

I've not really had time to get stunk into Assassins Creed much but from what I've played its a stella title. Hell all the Vita games I've played so far are amazing, this platform has great potential.

Shai-Tan

Banned
They cancelled my order saying they hadn't received payment in three days which is nice considering they took my money from PayPal immediately and didn't give it back. So I waited for more than an hour to talk to support (all while it says the estimated time to wait is 5 minutes) and they don't solve the problem, they tell me I'm being put in an"expert" queue. They send me an email asking for the info, I send that and get no response for days now.

Not buying from them ever again unless it's something I can't get elsewhere like Battlefield expansions. $19.99 for new Vita games was enticing but not worth the trouble if they can botch a simple order between their digital river middle man, the third party Indian tech support, etc.

Iacobellis

It makes no sense, but you track your physical orders on the EA site

https://www.ea.com/profile

Your physical order history should be under that, not your origin profile.

But yeah, I ordered NFS:MW with the silly hopes of playing it this weekend, but clearly that is not going to happen.

Wow, thank you. Now I see why Origin is such a mess. I'm guessing "Order in Process" means it hasn't even shipped yet? I don't see any possible tracking number.

hiro_x

I'm going to buy the whole episode of The Walking Dead game next month on disc when it comes out. I just wish they port it to Vita.. I mean its in iOS, why can't they do it in Vita!

I finally got my Vita.

It has a dead pixel. What do I do? Contact Amazon?

Edit: Looks like they're just going to send me a replacement and I have 30 days to return this one. That was easy.

How should I deal with backing up saves and stuff?

content manager app, then dload it for pc or mac.You can back up save files for psppsx and playstation mobile i believe.
But for vita you will have to copy the whole game to backup a save, or you can use ps plus and backup on the cloud.

Zoe

Is there a battery status screen hidden anywhere?

It's not just you.

Download speeds on the PS3 are capped, I think. NFS:MW demo took like four hours.

No, it has to do with the server you default to. You can usually hit another one by stopping and restarting the download.

VanWinkle

Good d-pad:

Incredible d-pad (also notice Vita's beastly chamfered edges before iphone 5 did it, even though people seemed to never mention them when they were on Vita. Also notice the nice lack of seams around the screen compared to the Gamepad on the picture above this):

Good analog stick:

Incredible analog stick:

It all balances out. I do wish the Wii U Gamepad was even half as sleek as the Vita:

i8CJnjovheWuU.jpg

LProtag

So the best thing is probably to just use my free PS+ to back up my saves while I wait for the replacement then?

I'm kinda frustrated this week and getting a dead pixel on the middle of the screen for this Vita I've been waiting 2 weeks for essentially was the icing on the cake, haha.

OmegaZero

Beaten Sine Mora! (on normal...)
And would someone kindly tell me in spoiler tags what just happened in this game story wise?

Okay, here goes as far as I understand it:

*****SPOILERS CONCERNING THE ENTIRE STORY AND ENDING OF SINE MORA****

The story takes place on the planet Seol.
You have three factions:
-The Layil Empire, the main antagonist of the game.
-The remnants of the Enkies, a species who can travel through time. All but three of their species were rounded up to be experimented on to develop time-based technology.
-Ronotra Koss's group, who he rounded up in order to get revenge on the Imperial soldiers that supposedly killed his son (the pilot of the Imperial bomber Cobra King) during the bombing of Mirage Mountain, the last major Enkie stronghold.

In the future timeline, Ronotra has blackmailed Myryan Magusa into helping him get revenge. He sends her to distract the defense force of the Bokumono underground prison so he can infiltrate it and eliminate yet another member of the Cobra King's crew. He then tests out an Imperial AI bot that he stole and reprogrammed (named GARAI 74/22876) by pitting it against Imperial forces in Cardinal Canyon. Afterwards he remembers when he and his son once hunted in Cardinal Canyon.
He then initiates a plan to save his son by sending Myryan and GARAI into the past to stop the bombing of Mirage Mountain. In the meantime, Ronotra hunts down the co-pilot of the Cobra King - the one who shot his son, in the Imperial capital of Tira. It was a trap, however, and Ronotra was shot down by his own son, Argus Pytel, who was alive all along.
In order to fulfill the needs that Argus's position as an Imperial Intelligence officer demands, the Empire faked his death in order to allow Argus to carry out his missions in secret. Discovering that the former members of the Cobra King were being systematically eliminated, the Empire sends their most talented officer, Argus, to take the place of the long dead co-pilot Zach Gully and kill whoever was behind the mysterious killings.

In the past timeline , a group of rebels led by Akyta Dryad attempts to discover what has happened to the Enkie species. At the research base stationed on Moneta Point, Lynthe Ytoo causes a distraction while Akyta and a group of rebels infiltrates the research facility to gather whatever information they can. They discover the Project, in which the remaining 2 million Enkies were modified, drugged, and mutilated in order to allow for easier handling while the Empire uses them to develop time technology.
Durak destroys a dangerous AIbot production facility, but dies in the process.
I forget what the rebels do in Tira, but the story ends with Akyta infiltrating the floating fortress of Siriad where her people are being kept. Upon defeating the guradian of the fortress, an emergency protocol terminates all of the captive Enkies and destroys the fortress, essentially making Akyta responsible for the death of her entire race.

So the best thing is probably to just use my free PS+ to back up my saves while I wait for the replacement then?

I'm kinda frustrated this week and getting a dead pixel on the middle of the screen for this Vita I've been waiting 2 weeks for essentially was the icing on the cake, haha.

:( it's gotta happen to someone right? sorry for your loss (of 1 pixel) good luck getting a new one.

P90

I hope this is the right thread. I just joined PS+. I downloaded JSR. JSR's controls aren't even functional. I can't even get the character to move forward. It always leaps to the pause screen. I have no idea what is wrong. Help?

VanWinkle

I hope this is the right thread. I just joined PS+. I downloaded JSR. JSR's controls aren't even functional. I can't even get the character to move forward. It always leaps to the pause screen. I have no idea what is wrong. Help?

Happened to me, and others. Just restart the game.

its a bug, restart the game ie close it and start it up.

You may get another error when playing, so restart it and you'll be right.

I've been a 3DS owner since launch and I can effectively say that is bullshit. The Vita's launch had better games available than the 3DS's first 8 months on the market.

I agree.

I own a ton of 3DS games, 26 to be exact. That number doesnt count ambassador games or eshop games. Most of those, however, werepurchased last year and earlier this year. Other than sporadic releases like Theatrhythm, Layton (neither of which I own) NSMB2 - 3DS has been kind of barren in NA 2012.

GAF seems so very focused on Japan, where 3DS is very successful. What they are ignoring, is its easy to see why. None of those awesome games are, or have arrived overseas, as of current. 3DS Deserves some Japanese success, but Im not feeling any of that momentum, here in NA.

Here, in the West its another story and Vita has had a lot of releases tailored to our audience. Games like AC3:L, Madden, NFSMW, CoDBLOPS: Declassified, Uncharted GA, and others have all been solid, to me. Games like the ones listed arent really tailored to Japan, so its no surprise its not selling gangbusters in Japan.

Everyone on GAF, who pans Vita, always references Japan (yes, Sony is japanese), but I think that misses the mark. It seems obvious, to me, Sony wants the west. Its as if, at current, they knowingly decided to forfeit Japan to Nintendo to gain ground in the west, where Japanese centric experiences seem to have lost stock. Looking at the consolemarket, maybe Sony believed it would benefit them more, if they could get a foothold overseas. The move could pay off, as the PSP was a late bloom system.

People are quick to point to memes and decry any Vita gains, because it does NOT suit their agenda. Thise people have no intention to own a Vita. They decry pricing, memory cards, no system sellers - and while some of those are obstacles, Amazon game such a deal, that anyone who still didnt pick up a fully loaded Vita deal, for nearly the cost of a stock 3DS - nothing can sway them.

for being as powerful as the Vita is, its still cheaper than any comparble device. People also cause me to do a weird double take when they dock AC3L or NFSMW, for the visuals COMPLETELY forgetting it uses mobile processors. For the games to accomplish what they do, on a handheld and having near parity MLB Show 12, Virtua Tennis 4, etc, i can look past aliasing or subnative or some frame drops to have the open world of ACL3, because, again - its a handheld doing things in a way theyve never been done before.

I agree.

I own a ton of 3DS games, 26 to be exact. That number doesnt count ambassador games or eshop games. Most of those, however, werepurchased last year and earlier this year. Other than sporadic releases like Theatrhythm, Layton (neither of which I own) NSMB2 - 3DS has been kind of barren in NA 2012.

GAF seems so very focused on Japan, where 3DS is very successful. What they are ignoring, is its easy to see why. None of those awesome games are, or have arrived overseas, as of current. 3DS Deserves some Japanese success, but Im not feeling any of that momentum, here in NA.

Here, in the West its another story and Vita has had a lot of releases tailored to our audience. Games like AC3:L, Madden, NFSMW, CoDBLOPS: Declassified, Uncharted GA, and others have all been solid, to me. Games like the ones listed arent really tailored to Japan, so its no surprise its not selling gangbusters in Japan.

Everyone on GAF, who pans Vita, always references Japan (yes, Sony is japanese), but I think that misses the mark. It seems obvious, to me, Sony wants the west. Its as if, at current, they knowingly decided to forfeit Japan to Nintendo to gain ground in the west, where Japanese centric experiences seem to have lost stock. Looking at the consolemarket, maybe Sony believed it would benefit them more, if they could get a foothold overseas. The move could pay off, as the PSP was a late bloom system.

People are quick to point to memes and decry any Vita gains, because it does NOT suit their agenda. Thise people have no intention to own a Vita. They decry pricing, memory cards, no system sellers - and while some of those are obstacles, Amazon game such a deal, that anyone who still didnt pick up a fully loaded Vita deal, for nearly the cost of a stock 3DS - nothing can sway them.

for being as powerful as the Vita is, its still cheaper than any comparble device. People also cause me to do a weird double take when they dock AC3L or NFSMW, for the visuals COMPLETELY forgetting it uses mobile processors. For the games to accomplish what they do, on a handheld and having near parity MLB Show 12, Virtua Tennis 4, etc, i can look past aliasing or subnative or some frame drops to have the open world of ACL3, because, again - its a handheld doing things in a way theyve never been done before.

Very good post. I actually hadn't considered that Sony had prioritized the west over the Japanese market. It makes sense when you consider the lack of JRPG's and Monster Hunter.

Damn PSABR looks and runs beautifully with a solid 60fps. I'm glad I bought it. Very happy with it and online mode with zero lag. Too bad the battery drains quicker when playing online.

Iacobellis

I agree.

Well said. Sony seems to always have a great first year (in the US) for each handheld so far. The PSP had a launch comprised of games that looked and played like their PS2 counterparts. Before 2006 we had a full fledged GTA to play on-the-go. 2013 looks a little scarce for the Vita at the moment in terms of games catered to US, aside for titles like Killzone, Sly Cooper, and the new IP Tearaway. 3DS has Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion next year, but that's all I know of so far. E3 could be very interesting.

Pretty mad that I forgot the Sega Genesis Collection isn't natively on the Vita store. I have to wait to transfer, I deleted it thinking I can just get it easily later. . I instantly regretted deleting it :(

Also, THANK YOU for pointing out how to navigate EA's site. I was worried of the status of my order as well.

I'm hoping that Xseed will announce Ys Celceta soon for the west, and God Eater 2 as well. And that we get an update on FFXHD soon. Hopefully these games will be out sometime in Q1/2.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anybody played the Untold Legends PSP games? Noticed they were on sale on PSN and was wondering if they are worth playing.

Apparently they are, but I can't honestly tell you since I haven't bought them. If they're anything like Dungeon Hunter Alliance's demo, I want more dungeon crawl/Diablo-clones on the system. Preferably one that may use the back-touch pad a mouse or the front-touch-pad to make it more like Diablo.

Anybody played the Untold Legends PSP games? Noticed they were on sale on PSN and was wondering if they are worth playing.
I played the first one, which was a launch title for the PSP. It's not bad. Very generic, don't go in expecting interesting characters or story, but it's a capable dungeon crawler. It's not without it's flaws, but it's also hard to argue over that $3.75 price. (Assuming you have Plus) I plan on buying them both myself. Just haven't gotten around to it. But I need to because the Plus sale ends next tuesday.

edit: Oh and the load times for the first game (Brotherhood of the Blade) aren't great. I looked at a Youtube video and was instantly reminded.

cyborg009

Banned
I'm hoping that Xseed will announce Ys Celceta soon for the west, and God Eater 2 as well. And that we get an update on FFXHD soon. Hopefully these games will be out sometime in Q1/2.

Pretty Sure they will

D3 publish the last one so they should do it again right?

Never going happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom