• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Drencrom

+ Omar Kendall on December 4th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

Regarding Sackboy, it’s hard to say whether or not these changes were too severe. We’ll monitor the effects of the changes to see if we’ve gone too far (or not far enough). Of course, we look at the performance of all characters, and we agree, Kratos does indeed generate a tremendous amount of AP. We’re looking into ways to address this.

8UuPv.gif

+ Omar Kendall on December 4th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:
Heys clupula668, Abe is one of my favorite video game characters of all time. Of all time!

Abe DLC next year confirmed

SykoTech

In that same post, he also confirms that there will be more character DLC for 2013. Being that all characters have a rival, we will get at least 2 more characters next year.

Again, it just keeps getting better.

No thanks to a Mortal Kombat character though. Would prefer for more non-fighting game characters than people who already beat beat the hell outta others on a regular basis.

Noi

While I'm happy that Kat is finally making her way in, it does make me sad that her being a DLC character means she's not included in marketing stuff like the opening intro. That's one of the things I tend to dislike about DLC latecomers. :/

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I've only played a little bit of the first Oddworld game, but I'd love to see Abe in the game. He has such a quirky design, and I love his animations. It would be fun to see more classic PS1 characters in the game.

With that said, there is a super, super deep well of potential DLC characters, and it's only going to lead to disappointment when we don't get every single one.

My quick list, if we get 4 more characters:

1) Alundra
2) Rau
3) Monica/Jeanne D'Arc (for dat Level 5 love + more females!)
4) Abe (developers would love to have in All Stars. Seems like a no brainer/easy inclusion as far as developer co-operation)
5) Tomba (the owners of the IP seem to be willing to license them for the game. Full disclosure; I've never played Tomba, but I really like how he looks. Lol).

Kurod

Banned
More character DLC? If they're only taking 1st party characters into consideration:

rFpzP.jpg

The last huge franchise for the PS3 (I think, right?). Despite the fact that they're done with the series, it'd be nice to have that Chimera Hybrid.

There's even an obvious alt costume

hnXmT.png

Ryce

I'd love to see the Chimera Hybrid, but honestly, between its cameos in the Resistance and Ape Escape stages, I wouldn't count on it. SuperBot seems to have determined early on that it isn't worth making the Chimera a playable character.

KevinCow

Banned
I just want Robbit. He could be a slower heavyweight with really high jumps and some good projectiles. I bet they could do a lot of fun stuff with his animations, too, like they did for Sir Dan.

cyborg009

Banned
I'd love to see the Chimera Hybrid, but honestly, between its cameos in the Resistance and Ape Escape stages, I wouldn't count on it. SuperBot seems to have determined early on that it isn't worth making the Chimera a playable character.

What kinda moveset would Chimera would have?

If the first DLC is 2012 new characters the next one should have some sort of shared theme too. I'd go for PS1 characters. Alundra, Tombi or Abe probably. There's a few to choose from.

Kurod

Banned
What kinda moveset would Chimera would have?

Forward triangle could fire a tracer. Neutral triangle to fire bullseye shots. You could stick tracers to walls to make bullseye traps. Neutral circle could lay down an auger shield to absorb projectiles except your own forward circle auger shots.

Level 2 super could make you mutate into a brute with a grenade launcher for a brief time like the killstreak from R3.

Level 3 could summon a bunch of grims to swarm the screen for kills.

Just got the game it updated but I don't see Kat and emmet. I beat it with nariko already.

EDIT: Yeah. I didn't see them not being out yet lol.

leroidys

What the fuck I just lost 3 hours playing this game online. I officially retract my negative assessment of the game based on the beta - it is super fun.

I'm still not digging how spammy it is though. It seems like most good players use 1 or 2 combos over and over. It will be interesting to see how this game evolves.

hertog

What the fuck I just lost 3 hours playing this game online. I officially retract my negative assessment of the game based on the beta - it is super fun.

I'm still not digging how spammy it is though. It seems like most good players use 1 or 2 combos over and over. It will be interesting to see how this game evolves.

yeah this, it's a shame that I don't have enough time these days to play this hardcore.
I'm still not sure about my main.

I love Heihachi, but his best super (KUMA!) is really stage dependent, Radec's whole move set is stage dependent and ratchet has awesome supers, but some slow AP-building

DigitalOp

Banned
If I had to live in reality groundbased world...

Then it's

Ryu hayabusa
Tomba
Abe
And maybe robbit...

Anything folklore would be instawin fatality

SmithnCo

You people seriously suggesting a generic Chimera as a playable character make me ill.

Pretty much... There's a reason they are cameos in a stage, there are a lot more interesting characters out there, especially from the PS1 days.

prwxv3

I dont think the Chimera are that generic. Hale and the other humans are pretty generic. Same thing with Killzone. The Helgast are far more interesting then the ISA.

Noi

I dont think the Chimera are that generic. Hale and the other humans are pretty generic. Same thing with Killzone. The Helgast are far more interesting then the ISA.

It's the double whammy of including a generic Chimera and another damn thing that uses guns. We have enough things that use guns in the game, with one more on the way.

DigitalOp

Banned
A real resistance fan would know that the series will always be a background environment in any crossover attempt.

My first attempt at trolling ...

same with Sotc fans ... lol I wanna play resistance 3 soooo bad

Dude after a long time playing Brawl. This game is already better.

Holy shit. It's crazy, this game juggles like Tekken, FFA's like Brawl, has the practice mode settings that people come to expect in a Fighter game ala Street Fighter. I think the graphical interface is a little bland but that's alright the stages do not feel like that at all.

This is everything I wanted Brawl to be. I might be over reacting, but yo. I only just played it. Nintendo HAS to step up the next Smash since this released. They better get there online together too because if more people play this, yeah they might not recognize all the characters at first but yo they'll realize this is a much more flushed out game.

Wombo combo anyone xD

Yo I'll be looking to play this a lot if people are looking for some players. I played Brawl and Melee competitively so I'm pretty serious about this game.

AND HOLY FUCK DOES KRATOS GENERATE AP FAST.

TheMink

It's the double whammy of including a generic Chimera and another damn thing that uses guns. We have enough things that use guns in the game, with one more on the way.

What would a chimera even do? His weapons are just less cool versions of ratchets epic weapons.
How boring would using the Auger be?
Answer: really boring.

I think the idea of Turrets and crap with Emmet is awesome though. I didnt even think about that.

pantsmith

Imagine the Chimera's storyline. It'd be made up of an insane alien cyborg/abomination screeching in its alien tongue. I don't even think they're capable of individual thought, so it'd be controlled by the hivemind, either an angel or an overseer, and probably sent on a mission to find new worlds to conquer. Since they're almost exclusively tools of war, his entire motivation would be built up around wanting to kill the Playstation universe.

Either that, or they go the comedic route and the Chimera just snarls and growls with subtitles to explain his plight ("After my series ended, I just wanted to make friends and meet new people!").

I wonder why, 1v1 isn't an option for online ranked. This game is in it's baby stages. And oh god it so beautiful!!!

Yo just the fact that this game has patch support is making me cream my pants.

B.O.O.M

I feel like you guys are underestimating the potential of a chimera. The weapons of Resistance would make for a much better set of moves than let's say Spike for example.

I have other characters I prefer but i can't deny how important Resistance as a franchise has been for Playstation. if they include someone from the series I would be all for it.

Kurod

Banned
Imagine the Chimera's storyline. It'd be made up of an insane alien cyborg/abomination screeching in its alien tongue. I don't even think they're capable of individual thought, so it'd be controlled by the hivemind, either an angel or an overseer, and probably sent on a mission to find new worlds to conquer. Since they're almost exclusively tools of war, his entire motivation would be built up around wanting to kill the Playstation universe.

Either that, or they go the comedic route and the Chimera just snarls and growls with subtitles to explain his plight ("After my series ended, I just wanted to make friends and meet new people!").

It's nice to muse over these ideas (despite certain people being literally made sick over them) but it seems unlikely that any Resistance characters will be added. We already have Resistance icons/backgrounds as generic unlockables and ,as was already mentioned, the Chimera are already relegated to background figures in their level.

Shahed

Really wish they went with Cross Saves between Vita and PS3. I'm not sure if I'm willing to rank the character levels up again

Kurod

Banned
Really wish they went with Cross Saves between Vita and PS3. I'm not sure if I'm willing to rank the character levels up again

There is cross saving. Trophies don't carry over but character ranks and unlockables do. Just sign into the PSN to carry them over.

Noi

I feel like you guys are underestimating the potential of a chimera. The weapons of Resistance would make for a much better set of moves than let's say Spike for example.

I have other characters I prefer but i can't deny how important Resistance as a franchise has been for Playstation. if they include someone from the series I would be all for it.

They're guns. I don't care how creative they are (and believe me, the guns in Resistance are my favorite in any FPS), it's another character whose moveset while revolve around shooting people with guns. There are plenty of first party characters to pick and choose from without having to resort to another gun user.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I agree with Noi on the Chimera thing. I love Resistance, and the Chimera are awesome-looking, but there is a large number of characters I'd have on a list of "please include these!" where the Chimera would be supremely low on that list.

I guess the "no guns" rule means Rudy Roughknight is out too. Fuck.

Note: there is no rule.

I dunno who I really want the more I think about it. Let's say they pick 2 from the ''these guys are the future DLC'' pool of Tomba, Abe, Alundra, Dart, Scorpion, Disagea rep, Persona rep, Chimera, Ryu, Connor/Ezio I would be ok with pretty much anything. Then again they did a surprise one with Emmett so who knows if they pull one out of the left field again.

Top Bottom