• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma still not headed to the X360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gdex-gamenews.jp/xbox/modules/news/article.php?storyid=706

"NINJA GAIDEN sigma which was announced at Tokyo game Show 2006 as a Playstation 3 exclusive title. According to the article of Xboxfront, accompanying Nobuuzi Itagaki of the producer, after the PS3 edition is complete, he made his intentions to port this game to Xbox 360 clear. At what specific time it is not known yet, but if true, it means that it will be the Hayabusa debut for the first time in Xbox 360."

RuGalz

Wario64 said:

"NINJA GAIDEN sigma which was announced at Tokyo game Show 2006 as a Playstation 3 exclusive title. According to the article of Xboxfront, accompanying Nobuuzi Itagaki of the producer, after the PS3 edition is complete, he made his intentions to port this game to Xbox 360 clear. At what specific time it is not known yet, but if true, it means that it will be the Hayabusa debut for the first time in Xbox 360."

lol so it's not the complete edition after all! :lol

It'd be nice if true. All NG1 releases playable on one console. NG2 is still more important...just so long as it doesn't affect NG2.

Cahill

Banned
Wario64 said:

ermm... Musta imagined him in DoA4 then.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
dunno why they wouldn't just develop the ps3 and 360 versions simultaneously. and if this is true, it probably means that ng2 is a ways off. :/

drohne said:
dunno why they wouldn't just develop the ps3 and 360 versions simultaneously. and if this is true, it probably means that ng2 is a ways off. :/
Nooooooooooooooo. PS3 can keep that Sigma shit if it means that NG2 comes sooner. Raaarrgh.

Tieno

kenta said:
360 port of a PS3 port of an Xbox special edition of an Xbox game based on an NES game o_O
No wonder I'm confused, but the sigma on the ps3 is a remake, not really a port

Joe Molotov

I've always thought this forum had an odd policy, in that you have to give the mods permission to lock your useless threads. If you forget to add that "Lock if Old" line in there, then it's impossible for a mod to lock your thread! They just can't do it. They're powerless to lock your thread, even if you're the 15th person to post the new VGCats comic. It just has to stay open...forever!

Mrbob

drohne said:

Main staff of Team Ninja is working on NG2. NGS is a side project.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't have any ****ing clue what the point of this game is. How many times can you go to the well? Just make NG2 already (or if they are as stated above, make something else as a "side project")

fartblast

Banned
GitarooMan said:
Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't have any ****ing clue what the point of this game is. How many times can you go to the well? Just make NG2 already.

i dunno how many times theyre gonna remake it either but i guess it could help them nail the ng2 formula that much better being on a new platform and whatnot

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Mrbob said:
Main staff of Team Ninja is working on NG2. NGS is a side project.

yeah, but they probably wouldn't release a 360 port of sigma and then immediately release ng2.

ninja gaiden black black?
ninja gaiden blacker then black?
ninja gaiden darker then black?
ninja gaiden black again?
ninja gaiden white?

how many times are they going to release this game. i want ng2.

Tecmo sure is intent on whoring out this game for all it's worth, aren't they.

I don't know who I'm kidding...I'll probably buy it AGAIN, but oh well. Could've picked a worse game to squeeze.

Drek

GitarooMan said:
Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't have any ****ing clue what the point of this game is. How many times can you go to the well? Just make NG2 already (or if they are as stated above, make something else as a "side project")
The point? To collect a fat check while also testing the market for NG on Playstation platforms. Can it sell well when going against Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry, etc.? If it can it opens new doors for Tecmo/Team Ninja in regards to the franchise's sales potential. If it sells well they can go cross platform with NG2 and try for GTA level sales, if not there's really no point heavily investing in NG2 on PS3 when the console is already oversaturated with quaity action games, many of which have established brand loyalty (DMC, God of War).

Am I missing something?

xboxfront said:
“Ninja Gaiden sigma” not for Xbox 360 03.10.2006

Now it is official: The Actiontitel Ninja Gaiden sigma, which was announced for the first time on the Tokyo of this year Game show by Tecmo, remains PS3-Exklusiv. The Famitsu Xbox 360 reports. During the new development it is to only act around a revised and improved version of “Ninja Gaiden”, which appeared at that time for the Xbox.

Tomonobu Itagaki of Tecmo wants to put the development focus in the future in addition, further on the Xbox 360.
Google translation

Mmmkay

Wait what the hell guys? We're talking about a story which was originally in German, translated to Japanese, and then we're translating that into English? The Xboxfront article [this Japanese site is reporting on] is pretty explicit that Sigma is not coming out on 360.

nubbe

I imagine NG2 will be released late 2008.
NG:S could be put on 360 as a filler in 2007 but I kind of think it's unlikely to see NG:S on 360.

Uncle

A japanese site reporting about a german site reporting about an article in a japanese magazine? Makes sense.

BuddyC

Mmmkay said:
Wait what the hell guys? We're talking about a story which was originally in German, translated to Japanese, and then we're translating that into English? The Xboxfront article [this Japanese site is reporting on] is pretty explicit that Sigma is not coming out on 360.
:lol

I wish, but sadly I don't believe anything anymore until a publisher announces it with a press release. There's too much crap on the net now. :)

arne

lightcrisprefreshing said:
ninja gaiden black black?
ninja gaiden blacker then black?
ninja gaiden darker then black?
ninja gaiden black again?
ninja gaiden white?

how many times are they going to release this game. i want ng2.

ninja gaiden back in black

Solid

krypt0nian said:
Who in this thread wants it so badly?
Perhaps not in this thread but check the NGS TGS thread. There's like 20 of em crying over this game. I just dont get it. What sane person buys the same game 3 times over.

arne

Solid said:
Perhaps not in this thread but check the NGS TGS thread. There's like 20 of em crying over this game. I just dont get it. What sane person buys the same game 3 times over.

well, that's a pretty bold assumption around these here parts.

Solid said:

It's that good. I'm getting it again...er...again. A bit already used to it with Metal Gear Solid, another series I adore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom