• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite - PC graphics options revealed [Update: System req. & new article]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Update 2:

BioShock Infinite: The PC Version Difference

and Specs revealed.

Minimum

Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHZ
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB free
Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
Video Card Memory: 512 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Recommended

Processor: Quad Core Processor
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 30 GB free
Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, ATI Radeon 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Video Card Memory: 1024 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/news/pc-specifications-for-bioshock-infinite-announced

Update:

Bioshock: Infinite ditches GFWL for Steamworks

I’ll get this bit of reassurance out of the way: Infinite runs perfectly. Our demo PCs were admittedly above average: an AMD FX-8120 (an octo-core CPU) and a single card in the AMD Radeon 7900 series (I didn’t have time to verify which one), alongside 16GB RAM on Windows 7. With that considered, I didn’t experience any hiccups, frame rate dips, no texture pop-in, or crashes.

Digging into the settings menu, here’s what was adjustable…

• [*]Anti-aliasing
    [*]Texture detail
    [*]Dynamic shadows
    [*]Post-processing quality
    [*]Light shafts
    [*]Ambient occlusion
    [*]Object detail
    [*]V-sync
    [*]FOV (a slider, with no listed value)
    [*]UI margins
    [*]Toggleable highlighting of “searchable” or “important” objects

An Irrational developer told me that Infinite is running on DirectX 10, but that it does take advantage of some DX11 features.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/07/bioshock-infinite-graphics-options-revealed/

Bear

Nothing particularly groundbreaking, but it's reassuring to hear that. My 670 should have no problem with this.

I'm curious about the extent of the DX11 effects. Anyone know about that?

glaurung

I wish all next generation console games would come with a FoV slider option.

The cramped vision in console FPS games is terrible. Point in case - Borderlands 2.

Pooya

I didn’t experience any hiccups, frame rate dips, no texture pop-in, or crashes.

on that setup, sure :p

UE3 games shouldn't be very demanding, ancient graphic cards can run it at 1080p. Borderlands 2 runs very well even on a 460 for example.

tkscz

That's good to hear. Not too many games are made with DX10 in mind these days. Usually Just DX9 pr DX11.

Also what are the min/rec specs for Bioshock Infinite?

Phinor

Two things I need in a first person game, FOV slider and disabling any and all mouse acceleration features. Bioshock is half-way there, hopefully more good news before the release.

Toggable shiny objects!?

iSv6eDZlfAq6L.gif

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
An Irrational developer told me that Infinite is running on DirectX 10, but that it does take advantage of some DX11 features.
...you know what that reminds me of?

FOV (a slider, with no listed value)
UI margins
Toggleable highlighting of “searchable” or “important” objects

I really appreciate being able to control this stuff after playing Far Cry 3. The 16gb of ram thing is a bit irrelevant given that most users will have 4-6gb. Will turn off ambient occlusion and hopefully get 60 fps. I don't really understand why they can't try and approximate numbers for FOV.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Not a big surprise; 2K has switched to Steamworks across the board, and even the recent Rockstar games have specific Steamworks versions for the platform.

Still nice to have it confirmed by the man himself.

They should have used a PC for last nights demo. It would least have a consistent framerate. 360 vers was choppy as fuck dipping quite.low at points.

Jedi2016

Good news! Hopefully my sli GTX 680s should be alright to max this game!
Depends on what kind of framerate you want to get. I mean, those of us with 600Hz monitors might be assed out if we can only get a piddling 450fps out of this thing.

Awesome news about ditching GFWL, though. I hate that crap.

Lkr

UE3 games shouldn't be very demanding, ancient graphic cards can run it at 1080p. Borderlands 2 runs very well even on a 460 for example.
That's not what I consider an ancient card. If it runs amazingly on a 8800gts or something, then I would be impressed

Grief.exe

Two things I need in a first person game, FOV slider and disabling any and all mouse acceleration features. Bioshock is half-way there, hopefully more good news before the release.

A lot of games are starting to put in a raw mouse input option which is the best case scenario for this.

Randdalf

Kind of sad that this is news and not just expected of the developer. Nice to see they're putting in the effort anyway.

Kilrathi

Well its depends on much they modified the base code. Bioshock built around the UE2.5 engine but it was heavily modified.

Pachinko

If it's unreal engine 3 , leaving it closer to DX9/10 level special effects should mean you get the same level of performance that's present in in any 2011/2012 unreal 3 based game... right ?

Arkham city gives me 60fps interiors with everything but tessellation maxed (I have it set to normal) and the exterior zones ran with just a hair of jankiness last I checked ... which was when the game was on it's second patch and amd drivers were 2011.12's. Seems the current version on current drivers runs a fair bit smoother. Bulletstorm also runs at 60fps /1080p but it had no dx11 effects as I recall.

I'm still slightly torn though... play the whizbang pc version that will look better no matter what or go for comfy couch huge tv/great surround sound on the xbox ... with I'm guessing 30fps/720p.... decisions decisions.

Top Bottom