• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superbot still alive, seemingly hiring for new PSASBR

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, this is somewhat surprising given the sales, but sure, why not.

These job postings just went up on Gamasutra along with a bunch of others.

Gamasutra said:
ART DIRECTOR

SuperBot Entertainment, Inc. is a fresh, new independent game studio located in way cool Culver City, California.

We are an exclusive developer of Sony Computer Entertainment America and recently released our first title - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, for PS3. SuperBot’s exceptional - yet humble - crew is comprised of long-time industry veterans and creative powerhouses who have worked on some of the most groundbreaking and successful titles that the games industry has ever seen.

Overview

A project such as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which by definition brings together elements ranging from an incredibly wide range of artistic styles, requires a strong and unifying vision to present a cohesive and polished product. The Art Director is responsible for defining this vision, guiding the creation of art assets from concept through completion while helping develop new technology to facilitate this and maintain proper performance. In addition, the Art Director is responsible for guiding the overall advancement of the Art Department, through skills development of art teams and with an eye to the future across multiple projects. He or she will work with the art leads to guide all visual aspects of the game, including UI, front end shell, concept art, environments, characters, animation, effects, and cinematics. He or she will work with the programming leads in the planning, prioritizing and implementation of new technology. He or she will also represent SuperBot to external vendors, IP holders, and the publisher, explaining and demonstrating the vision and how individual characters, environments, or other assets will fit.
Source: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx/viewjobrss.asp?cjid=32200&accountno=83336

Gamasutra said:
GAME DESIGNER / IMPLEMENTER

SuperBot Entertainment, Inc. is a fresh, new independent game studio located in way cool Culver City, California.

We are an exclusive developer of Sony Computer Entertainment America and recently released our first title - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, for PS3. SuperBot’s exceptional - yet humble - crew is comprised of long-time industry veterans and creative powerhouses who have worked on some of the most groundbreaking and successful titles that the games industry has ever seen.

EXPERIENCE REQUIRED

• Must have a near encyclopedic knowledge of modern games, with emphasis on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

• Knowledge of fighting games, their systems and mechanics a serious plus
Source: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx/viewjobrss.asp?cjid=32198&accountno=83336

1. Please make your new game 3D (powerstone)
2. Don't base it on supers alone, I like variety
3. Do something about the presentation, even the limited steelbook was shit
4. Content

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
A project such as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which by definition brings together elements ranging from an incredibly wide range of artistic styles, requires a strong and unifying vision to present a cohesive and polished product.
Well, at least they're looking to fix one glaring fault in the future.

Derrick01

Banned
Maybe next time they can sell more copies than they give away.

The game was ok I guess but it has a lot of problems that need fixing. The lineup needs to be a hell of a lot better too.

It'd be great if this series follows the same release schedule as Smash. First title late in a console cycle, second title super early. Just call it PSAS: Melee. :lol

In seriousness, though, I hope this means the scope for the next game is a lot bigger.

I-hate-u

PABR is a good start riddled with stupid drawbacks. Please make the next game in the vein of Marvel vs Capcom. PLZ SUPERBOT!!!!!!!

Santar

This sort of thing is one of the things I think Sony does wrong.
They keep on pouring money into franchises that just does not sell all that well.
They have a lot of first party series now, but my impression is that very few of them have actually sold as well as say Halo or Gears.

I just hope sony doesn't bleed themselves dry doing this sort of thing.

antonz

Sony is desperate for the brand to success so they will try again. They just don't get their catalog of characters blows for this type of game.

Why would a character that rips out eyeballs and practically shits down necks be play fighting with a sackboy.

El Sloth

Banned
I have this feeling the game might do decently this holiday for some reason. Probably has to do with all the talk I'm hearing from random dudes about the game in my neck of the woods.

Well, I'm still looking forward to what these guys can put out that's not PSASBR.

It took a few months before sony let Lightbox and Eat Sleep Play go.

I would not say they are out of the woods just yet but I do hope this is a sign.

They must work for no money. I have heard ridiculously low estimates for how much is cost Sony to get PSABR out of the door and onto shelves, maybe the estimates are right if Sony are funding a sequel despite poor initial sales and a generally poor reception.

I suppose it is an easy and cheap game for them to bundle with Vita and PS3.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
This sort of thing is one of the things I think Sony does wrong.
They keep on pouring money into franchises that just does not sell all that well.
They have a lot of first party series now, but my impression is that very few of them have actually sold as well as say Halo or Gears.

I just hope sony doesn't bleed themselves dry doing this sort of thing.

Yes, please make a dude bro shooter and milk it to death. I don't want variety and I surely don't want to play any game that don't sell millions and have Dorito and Axe Body spray tie-ins.

Tagg9

They must work for no money. I have heard ridiculously low estimates for how much is cost Sony to get PSABR out of the door and onto shelves, maybe the estimates are right if Sony are funding a sequel despite poor initial sales and a generally poor reception.

I suppose it is an easy and cheap game for them to bundle with Vita and PS3.

Maybe that's why they didn't pony up the cash to Activision for Crash/Spyro?

In any case, they must expect the brand to grow.

I-hate-u

NoOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
We need more four player fighting games....so many 2d one on one fighters already

They tried to emulate the style of SSB and they got shat on by many of the FGC.GoW: Ascension will fulfill your power-stone needs. Umvc3/Mvc2 are the most creative and hype game this gen and last for a big reason. The Marvel template is so perfect for crossovers. I almost want Capcom to do PABR 2 since Marvel seems to not want make a new Mahvel follow up :(

thuway

tumblr_m3d8j2mhdP1r16xkr.gif

This time with more Cloud!! Fuck the haters, and the people who wanted the first title to fail. It was an incredible title.

For the next game I want to see:
1. ICO/SotC/Gran Turismo/Dark Cloud/Legend of Dragoon etc.
2. Better graphics. The game looks good, but it could really be taken up a few notches.
3. Crazier, zanier, and more colorful stages!

Dont cha'll think Power stones style of gameplay is better suited for a Playstation brawler? Many characters originate from 3D games so it won't be much of a problem translating their movesets.

Imagine them in dynamic 3D stages rather than backgrounds and platforms being changed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe they're hoping to make some return/get somewhere/add Crash in the second. Glad it's looking like the second wasn't cancelled, I guess.

prwxv3

The budget must have been small. It sure looked like it. The things they should hire I UI guy , make a unified artstyle, get more/better characters, and they need to choose the direction they want the game to go.

Kokonoe

Banned
Get rid of the Little Big Planet kart racer and make a Playstation All-Stars kart racer.

I need all the kart racers I can get.

Top Bottom