View Single Post
cuyahoga
Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
(12-12-2012, 05:10 AM)
Nice work, but slight correction…

Originally Posted by Mama Robotnik

The Crucible: Evil Within

Partner: Unclear

Back in 2008, the marketing firm Intellisponse leaked a video of an unannounced Silicon Knights game called The Crucible: Evil Within. The game seemed to be a fantasy dungeon brawler, which Gametrailersreferred to as “Eternal Darkness meets Diablo. The video is still up on Gametrailers website.

The brilliant Unseen64 asserts that The Crucible is merely the final form of The Box/The Ritualyst. I’m not so sure for two reasons – the first is that the hack n slash gameplay seen above does not seem to be anything that could have originated as a Silent Hill project – The Box renders of birds would suggest an ominous tone rather than explosive action.

That leaked Crucible concept trailer was from the cancelled RPG Ken Rolston was making for THQ, which eventually turned into Kingdoms of Amalur, not anything Silicon Knights was making. Not really sure how the streams got crossed here — this SEGA/THQ/SK game was supposed to be Alan Wake-y, no?