View Single Post
Stewox
Banned
(12-13-2012, 09:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Stewox

Maybe they just wanted to do a quick port of unoptimized code and blamed it on the hardware. Typical.

It does sound just like one of those "speculation thread" anonymous dev rumor "not enough shaders" shit.

Just as I suspected. Oh what a surprise

(new news about "WiiU has horrible slow CPU" comment)
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/12/13...ro-last-light/

“Take any of the comments you’ve seen attributed with a pinch of salt,” Benyon said. “It’s certainly not been based on any kind of analysis of final hardware.”

“Our look at the Wii U extended to a very early look at some very early kits. We… we did some work on it, but we made a decision fairly early on that we weren’t going to commit further resource to it. So yeah, we didn’t go too far.”

Here's what I said before this (but after THQ responded way more vaguely but hinted enough, now it directly confirmed it's BS)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...7&postcount=80

And for a quick example which happend quite recently: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ims-metro-dev/

This is one of those times when a developer spreads bullcrap but the media takes it seriously because "he must be right he's a developer".

It doesn't apply to you here, but the pre-installed day1 patch stuff does.

The problem is:

• Metro devs haven't shipped any WiiU Game
  • From his statements it was clear they wanted to do just a quick port
  • They have multiple teams split, and only beginning with the PS3 one
  • They sould review their CPU algorithms before they bash it (what about OooE stupid)
  • That's why THQ responded, they know CPU claims are bullcrap
  • Metro dev probably didn't want to make another engine up specifically for WiiU hardware
  • It's easier to blame nintendo
  • Respected developers such as John Carmack don't talk about hardware until after they've done full research and actually created a working engine specifically designed for that hardware.

They were cheesy, they probably thought they can do a quick port, turns out it needs way more work to make it happen on different hardware than what PS3/360 have. It's obvious WiiU has just launched and developers don't have much experience yet, ofcourse some do more than others.

Maybe THQ saw my post, well thanks, I'm very pleased with the company going in the right direction, I definitely see potential in new restructuring as well as vision, ofcourse the mass public doesn't see them in good light, yet. This transparency counts significantly in company image and THQ is climbing up, regardless of doom&gloom articles with financial drama.

So 4AGames WiiU familiarity is full of:

Those hardware speculation mainstream article news smell like paid statements, platform analysis is something explained on some conference and discussed about in length, you cannot do it in this way, those are just PR hypes or for us experienced users, trolls.

Already looking forward to QuakeCon keynote when Carmack will discuss WiiU hardware, hopefully they make a project on it of some sort if not doom4 right away. But that would kind of be ridicolous, since Doom4 is for last gen as well, and I think it'll be made for this gen too but WiiU is in this middle where they could easily, especially if it's like 1.5 years away, possibly 2.
Last edited by Stewox; 12-13-2012 at 09:32 PM.