• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next Sleeping Dogs story DLC will add a new island

DemonNite

this is too amazing to be hidden in the OT thread.. some may miss out on this announcement as I know there are a lot of Sleeping Dog fans here

Sleeping Dogs' next story-based DLC will add a new island to the game's map.

The Zodiac Tournament Pack, due for release later this year, will see hero Wei Shen invited into an exclusive fighting tournament held off the coast of Hong Kong.

New fight arenas, enemies, bosses, outfits and "story-extending cut-scenes" will be included.

Publisher Square Enix has also announced that five already-released Sleeping Dogs DLC add-ons and pre-order bonuses are now available (tomorrow on PS3 in Europe), in one handy Dragon Master Pack.

Priced at 640 Microsoft Points on Xbox 360 or £5.10 on Steam and PlayStation Network, it offers a significant saving on buying each pack separately.

The collection contains many new missions, outfits and vehicles, but the larger, undead-themed Nightmare in Northpoint DLC is not included.

The Dragon Master Pack includes:

• Triad Enforcer Pack (Two new missions, a new vehicle, outfit and a golden cleaver weapon)
  • Police Protection Pack (A new police racing mission, police car and SWAT assault rifle)
  • Martial Arts Pack (Shaolin Showdown mission, outfit and Wing Chun decoration for your safehouse)
  • GSP Pack (GSP-branded outfit with stat and move bonuses)
  • Deep Undercover Pack (Plain clothes outfit, police car and CB Radio decoration)

Even more DLC is coming after that. Due for release over the holiday season, Square Enix has announced the Drunken Fist Pack (boozey new fight moves), Gangland Style Pack (stat-boosting tattoos), and the Square Enix character pack (a Hitman, Deus Ex and Just Cause outfit and weapon).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-13-the-next-sleeping-dogs-story-dlc-will-add-a-new-island

discuss!

I need this game on Steam so fucking badly. The demo sucked, but any open-world demo sucks. But everything about what I've heard and seen has been incredible.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Awesome. A tournament for SD will be sweet. I usually don't like that kind of stuff for DLC but the combat in Sleeping Dogs is so good that I'll be content to just bust up thugs for a while. I'll also probably get that bundle too since I'm vaguely interested in those packs but don't want them separately.

dreamfall

New fight arenas, enemies, bosses, outfits and "story-extending cut-scenes" will be included.

This! Story based DLC could be great- it'll be nice to go to a new island, and punch some new bosses. I'm hoping they are melee based fights, rather than gun toting enemies.

And to dress Wei as Hitman? Hilariously down!

I hope they are saying an island because it means an actual substantial new land mass (I mean say a third to half of one of the current districts, not the whole of the island in the main game), and not just because it's in the ocean.

But who am I kidding, I couldn't resist this even if I wanted to.

Grimsen

The Zodiac Tournament Pack, due for release later this year, will see hero Wei Shen invited into an exclusive fighting tournament held off the coast of Hong Kong.

38c46mortalkombatshang1.jpg

jediyoshi

Dragon Master Pack

Ouch, good thing I haven't bought any one of those I guess.

Square Enix has announced the Drunken Fist Pack (boozey new fight moves)

Square Enix character pack (a Hitman, Deus Ex and Just Cause outfit and weapon).

Rad, guessing the JC outfit is just the one you get for having a JC2 save though.

Neiteio

I absolutely love Sleeping Dogs and nearly 100%-ed the main game (I did everything but the gold medals). I already bought Nightmare in North Point but haven't played it yet... I think I'll wait for all of the DLC to accumulate and then play it all in one shot. BAM! Pseudo-sequel!

I was a little disappointed after the Nightmare in North Point DLC, so I really hope this new DLC is more than just fight waves of enemies and the occasional boss here and there until you work your way up to the "championship" fight of the tournament. I want actual missions that are paced well, something the first DLC lacked.

Either way I'll be buying it. I love Sleeping Dogs so much

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
That's okay. If it continues the story in some capacity then we won't mind how small the island is.

The_Monk

I've had great chances to buy this game for a couple of times but at this point I expect a GOTY version with all the DLC's. I hope there's going to be one! But I'm liking all these expansions. An island seems interesting.

Monkeythumbz

Communications Manager, nDreams

The Zodiac Tournament will be available to download this week for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on the following dates:

• Xbox LIVE – Tuesday 18th December for 400MSP
  • PlayStation Network (North America) - Tuesday 18th December for $4.99
  • PlayStation Network (Europe) - Wednesday 19th December for €3.99 / £3.19
  • Steam - Wednesday 19th December for $4.99 / €3.99 / £3.19

Can't wait to download 1GB (probably more) of mandatory update for content I won't ever buy.

And it won't even include a stuttering fix.

Can't wait to download 1GB (probably more) of mandatory update for content I won't ever buy.
And it won't even include a stuttering fix.

I think my install of Stupid Dogs is borked now due to Steam starting the 4.5GB download silently before i could stop it. I've paused it because i don't need Virgin gimping my internet if i bust my cap but this is ridiculous. 4.5GB that i'll never use. Mandatory.

Damn, if gaming isn't doing it's best to try to annoy me recently.

Top Bottom