• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthbound Creator says something is in the works

crpav

Somehow, just somehow find a way to print more original SNES Earthbound games. The actual cart, boxes, everything so people who want the game now can get for a reasonable price and those charging and paying or have payed the ridiculous prices can go cry....in a fire.

Don't tell him about the translation.

Which turned out very well I think.

When I read that I was hoping he meant they are re-making or adjusting the first game for a re-release. It good but it could use some balance and mechanics changes. I'd love to see it in the same style as the other two.

King_Moc

Banned
Mother 1 - 3 on the Eshop then please. It's not like it would cost them anything to do that. It's pure profit.

Don't they just need to translate the 3rd one?

I'm willing to buy a 3ds or WiiU if its some sort of rerelease that actually leaves Japan. Release them and take my money Nintendo!

Fox Mulder

just fucking change whatever is necessary to get Earthbound on VC, goddamn. The collectors will have their carts and the people that just want to play it without spending $200+ can do so.

I've had an original run version of Revenge of Shinobi, not really worth much, but just fun and notable for all the blatant copyright violations. It's on VC and XBLA now, but all the offending stuff has been removed over the years and spiderman is pink or whatever now.

Lotto

Mother 3 avatar reporting in. Not expecting anything huge judging from his statement, but looking forward to whatever it is regardless.

Berordn

Honestly, if they're building the games from the ground up again, this would be the best chance to see them overseas again wouldn't it?

I'm just being super hopeful though.

Tadale

Any news about my favorite game and series of all time is good news, but I've learned years ago never to get my hopes up over anything Mother related.

Hmm, Earthbound rerelease on the VC isn't really exciting to me anymore. Good for potential other people though. I don't know why Itoi would be so involved in a simple music change for a rom dump so that make me excited.

Protocol7

Please please release all Mother versions in a nice high rez 2D/3D 3DS Trilogy... Translated would be great... Please........ Please ; ; I'd love to play these games again.
I'd buy a 3DS XL just for this... I'm serious!

I'll take whatever they have. Mother 3 is the only case (that I can think of) of waiting 10+ years for a sequel that was (arguably) better than the previous game.

At this point, even if it's something Japan exclusive I'm happy. I'm just glad to see the Mother series isn't forgotten. I'm thinking it'll probably be about a Mother 3 release on the 3DS VC.

leroidys

At this point, even if it's something Japan exclusive I'm happy. I'm just glad to see the Mother series isn't forgotten. I'm thinking it'll probably be about a Mother 3 release on the 3DS VC.

Would be odd considering there's no other GBA games on VC (other than the ambassador games).

Also, it wouldn't take any actual "work", it would just be a romdump.

It has to be something else.

Ok, but let me ask you this. What happened to the work that was done for the never released 64 version?

I really hope Itoi get's in high Gear and give us another RPG, he is not getting younger after all.

If this ends up being a re-release collection the fan outcry in English speaking countries is going to be immense and immediate. OpRainfall plus every other fan movement added in and multiplied exponentially.

.... no.

The Earthbound fanbase is very vocal, but also still pretty small. That's not to say it's small enough not to warrant a rerelease collection, or that it hasn't been long enough that Nintendo couldn't just give it "the old college try"... but you aren't going to see something on par with Op Rainfall if nothing is announced.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm just going to pre-load the doctorintherain.gif into my brain for any possible news on this front.

Wiseblade

iypF7vjQv6w9C.gif

He added later: “It’s not 4! We’re trying to get Mother working again right now. I still can’t mention any details, but I have to make clear that this isn’t ‘4’!”

irhwk6vHkOShW.gif

At least make sure it gets released in Europe this time, I want to give you my money!

Davey Cakes

The Earthbound fanbase is very vocal, but also still pretty small. That's not to say it's small enough not to warrant a rerelease collection, or that it hasn't been long enough that Nintendo couldn't just give it "the old college try"... but you aren't going to see something on par with Op Rainfall if nothing is announced.
Was Op Rainfall really that big? I mean, I thought the Starmen.net community made a much better pitch with the EB Siege. Far more personal.

But yeah, I remember when the Mother 3 fan translation came out. There were over 300,000 unique downloaders, and even more people who were just visiting the page. If Nintendo gave a slight chance for further Mother localizations in the West, I'm pretty sure they'd get a strong response. The fans gave a great effort even when there was nothing actually on the table, so it could be quite the spectacle if Nintendo made some sort of offer.

But maybe that's just me being hopeful.

Top Bottom