• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthbound Creator says something is in the works

iirate

It's crazy that I have a copy of Earthbound sitting a few feet from where I am, and I'm STILL fucking stoked at any news that might lead to a VC release(especially if it's on the 3DS!).

Giving more people a chance to play the greatest game ever made would be wonderful.

GSR

Sounds like some sort of VC re-release. Still nice to see something, and hopefully it can come overseas at some point.

Lucent

I think this fan game is shaping up pretty well. Though it's certainly taking awhile to get done. Not sure how well the story and humor will turn out, but the graphics look right.

belshot.png

I really would love a trilogy though. Remake the first game to match the graphics and style of the other two games. I'd love a physical copy but if digital is the only way I guess it'd have to do.

I think this fan game is shaping up pretty well. Though it's certainly taking awhile to get done. Not sure how well the story and humor will turn out, but the graphics look right.

belshot.png

I really would love a trilogy though. Remake the first game to match the graphics and style of the other two games. I'd love a physical copy but if digital is the only way I guess it'd have to do.

this fan game is the cure to the sorrows of so much fans when its out their servers will crash

Einhander

I'm looking forward to see how development advances on that fan game. I'd be willing to play the finished game.

Hiltz

I wonder if Earthbound will be among the first virtual console titles offered on Wii U that supports off-tv play. That is, assuming this is part of Nintendo's plan to localize the franchise.

I really hope for the best. I would prefer a remake on 3DS, of course in 2D, because that would mean a certain interest for the franchise. If it'll be a release on eShop VC, well, I hope they'll bring in the West!

Jubern

As a European dude it's hard to care about Mother, but it certainly picked my interest for a few years now.

As a new player, I would definitely welcome to 3DS collection or something like that.

Well, might as well start letter bombing NOA's offices, I suppose.

A Mother collection on the eShop would be fantastic, and having that actually localized even more so.

TreIII

A remake of the first game is pretty much all I could really want. It's the only game in the series I actively struggle to replay, if only because it's so hard for me to go back to NES/Famicom-era RPGs.

Plus, even if Itoi doesn't add anything more to the story, there's bound to be something they could do to spice up the gameplay-side of things.

But whatever. Even if this isn't a game at all, I'm interested in seeing just what's going to happen .

big_z

I will buy one of those wiiU touch screen attachments for my wii if they put out a mother 1-3 collection for it.

Drago

A Mother Trilogy for 3DS would probably become my favorite game ever, so yeah I'd love for that to happen

And for some reason, I doubt NoA would not localize it. If they refused a localization of such a project, I imagine the fan backlash would be immense. Probably at least double the demand of the Op. Rainfall games. The Mother series has some crazily devoted fans.

terrisus

Itoi_Shigesato_no_Bass_Tsuri_No_1_(SNES)_(JP).jpg

But, with Earthbound characters as the anglers?

Seriously though, the Mother/Earthbound games are among my favorites ever. I have Earthbound for SNES (of course) and Mother 1&2 and Mother 3 for GBA (in Japanese, of course), and would absolutely love if they were all brought over (in English, of course) and put on the 3DS Virtual Console, to always have with me.

Frankly, I think the Bass Fishing thing is more likely than that other stuff happening... Of course...

Mother 1+2+3 compilation, PULLEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!! :<
Or a Mother 3 Director's Cut, with all the things put back in that were cut out.

EDIT: Seriously though, I think that's just something along the lines of plush toys or whatever.
I don't actually expect anything videogame related.

demidar

Being completely serious, I think a re-release on the eShop is the most likely with necessary music changes to avoid copyright infringement. Mother 1 and 2, 3 being a bit more murky. Oh and Japan only.

Please just let me play Mother 3 on my 3DS. All I want.

Did you change your name again?

IrishNinja

Day 1, and i don't even know what it is. so much love.

might finally complete Mother Zero if its trilogy, but ive still got my cart & guide here, i'd love to support this series some more/replay it.

damn, that reminds me - i was trying to buy a Mr saturn plush off of this guy on buy/sell when i first came here in like '09, damn him for not getting back to me with a price!

Kobiekun

How much have prices gone up in the past few years?

P.S. I bought my loose cartridge for $10 around 10 years ago.

For comparison's sake, I bought a boxed complete copy (box, cart, guide w/ stickers, all inserts) for $110 in February 2007 on ebay.

demidar

If I remember correctly, Itoi started the interview-like format and Iwata thought that was a good idea and adopted it.

leroidys

i would really love to see iwata & him talk, they're supposed to be good buddies. did he ever do an iwata asks with itoi? ive been meaning to go through the archives, i know i've missed some good ones.

I remember him being on something random, like Mario 20th anniversary Iwata asks.

Top Bottom