• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

Those of you raving over Dark Souls, did any of you get to play Demons Souls too? If so, how do they compare?

I played about 10 hours of Demon's Souls, and it's pretty similar. The fighting mechanics are better in Dark Souls because they added more moves to the combat. I like the open world design of Dark Souls better than the Hub world of Demon's but I haven't put enough time into Demon's to really comment. The dark atmosphere and tone of Demon's seems a little more effective though, but that's probably because I am so familiar with Dark Souls. It's probably best to play Demon's first, but I think Dark is more accessible with weapon upgrades and item/loot overall.

Tawpgun

I'm not seeing the similarity in feel. I feel a more apt comparison is the Boltshot, how it devalues the rest of the sandbox and makes a lot of engagements a lot staler.

Nahhhhh

You don't really 'get' Gears then. Gears Gnasher Shotgun is Halo's Pistol/BR/DMR.

Boltshot is the sawed off, meaning super cheap kills requiring little skill.

And congrats on your son ivy!

Nowise10

LONG POST WARNING*

Not sure if anyones posted, if so my bad, but my friend Lord Zedd released a gametype in his fileshare allowing you to use two unreleased Armor Abilites that were left on Halo 4, on the map Harvest.

Just go into his fileshare, and just download the gametypes, then go play them on Harvest.

One of the abilites is a teleporter ability, kind of like what the Prometheans have, then the 2nd ability, is an AA jammer, and if you activate it, a blue dot where be on your HUD, and you have to highlight the player. When they are highlighted, a thick layer of green shields will cover them, and any ability they are using will go void, and stop working.

Armor Ability Jammer:

97k2I.jpg
Notice the blue sparkles below?
The thick layer of shields when you jamming the person
first person view

Teleporter Ability:

What it looks like when you are teleporting
All of this happens within like 0.2 of a second.

Anyways, just thought it was cool. These would have been pretty bad for gameplay. Atleast the teleporter one. This aint shadowrun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nahhhhh

You don't really 'get' Gears then. Gears Gnasher Shotgun is Halo's Pistol/BR/DMR.

Boltshot is the sawed off, meaning super cheap kills requiring little skill.

And congrats on your son ivy!
I think you've proved my point right there.

blamite

Woah those are pretty cool. Does the teleporter actually go through walls like in Shadowrun? Can you end up inside the map if you use it wrong?

Ahhhhhh I want to download that gametype but I don't feel like turning o my Xbox. If only someone would invent a system by which you could view shared files online, and queue up downloads fir later. Probably an impossible dream, I know.

Tunavi

Banned
Woah those are pretty cool. Does the teleporter actually go through walls like in Shadowrun? Can you end up inside the map if you use it wrong?

Ahhhhhh I want to download that gametype but I don't feel like turning o my Xbox. If only someone would invent a system by which you could view shared files online, and queue up downloads fir later. Probably an impossible dream, I know.
Another feature 343 axed from previous halo games. I used this all the time in reach.

Could have been worse™

blamite

that's pretty fucking insane. little nervous we can get banned for downloading tho

Everything I've seen seems to point to it being bannable to have them in your file share, but playing them in customs being perfectly fine. I guess it's still an "at your own risk" type thing though.

TCKaos

I miss hanging out on Halogaf. How you all doing?

I'm doing okay. Turned 20 today, but I didn't have a party because I never have a party. People are really busy this close to Christmas, so I've always either held an early party or just not had one. Got some cool gifts on Steam from a few friends and got some new sketchbooks.

LONG POST WARNING*

That's pretty awesome, actually. It's sort of neat how they still use the Reach assets. Wonder why those didn't show up on some of the AAs in the final.

I fear they've cast the die with Halo 4. It seems like an acknowledgement that armor abilities are never going away, perks are never going away, the investment system will be an unlockathon. That's the framework going forward; I'm not sure how you dial it back from here. (Short of remaking Halo 2 complete with the multiplayer pipe dream.)
Even as someone that enjoys Halo 4 a lot more than most of this thread, this is what worries me. It simply isn't going to go backwards, 343 has committed to these game mechanics.

CyReN

I wonder if hardlight shield would block the blocker.

Nope, just tried it on all AA, only one that it didnt work for was the Hologram. Clicked making a video on it now.

It is an INCREDIBLY useful AA, why it got cut I have no idea. It's a perfect counters for the Camo/Boltshoters, my guess is they cut it because most people would use it to play to play "core Halo".

Nope, just tried it on all AA, only one that it didnt work for was the Hologram. Clicked making a video on it now.

It is an INCREDIBLY useful AA, why it got cut I have no idea, these are both perfect counters for the Camo/Boltshoters.

It's one of two DLC specializations to be released in a later quarter.

Ryaaan14

Banned

It is an INCREDIBLY useful AA, why it got cut I have no idea. It's a perfect counters for the Camo/Boltshoters, my guess is they cut it because most people would use it to play to play "core Halo".

Does it just cancel the AA's in use, or does it also add a period of time they are unable to use it?

u4iX

LONG POST WARNING*

Not sure if anyones posted, if so my bad, but my friend Lord Zedd released a gametype in his fileshare allowing you to use two unreleased Armor Abilites that were left on Halo 4, on the map Harvest.

Just go into his fileshare, and just download the gametypes, then go play them on Harvest.

One of the abilites is a teleporter ability, kind of like what the Prometheans have, then the 2nd ability, is an AA jammer, and if you activate it, a blue dot where be on your HUD, and you have to highlight the player. When they are highlighted, a thick layer of green shields will cover them, and any ability they are using will go void, and stop working.

Armor Ability Jammer:

Notice the blue sparkles below?

The thick layer of shields when you jamming the person

first person view

Teleporter Ability:

What it looks like when you are teleporting

All of this happens within like 0.2 of a second.

Anyways, just thought it was cool. These would have been pretty bad for gameplay. Atleast the teleporter one. This aint shadowrun.

HNNNG.

Release these for free!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ah, so you're one of those people.
Yeah, got that unfortunate fate of desiring more of the sandbox to be useful and not containing weapons that make others considerably less useful, even when a power/non-power weapon distinction exists like it does in both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom