• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the Sony developers up to

KAL2006

Banned
Just Released
Santa Monica Team B - GoW Ascention, GoW PS4 next?
SOE Team A - Planetside 2, Planetside PS4 port next?
Sony Japan - Soul Sacrifice, Soul Sacrifice 2 next?
Sanzaru - Sly Thieves in Time, Jak 4 next?

Confirmed Upcoming
Naughty Dog Team A - The Last of Us
Quantic Dreams Team A - Beyond
Team Rain - Rain
Supermassive Games - Until Dawn
Team ICO - The Last Guardian
Sony Japan - Pupeteer, Knack
Guerilla Games Team A - Killzone Shadowfall
Evolution - Drive Club
Sucker Punch - inFamous Second Son
SOE Team 2 - Everquest Next
Guerilla Cambridge - Killzone Mercenery
Novarama - InVizimals The Alliance
Media Molecule Team B - Tearaway
Double Eleven - Frozen Synapse Tactics

Developers due for a game
Polyphony Digital - Gran Turismo 6?
Media Molecule Team A - LittleBigPlanet 3D?
Guerilla Games Team B - New RPG IP?
Ready at Dawn - New PS4 3rd person action adventure IP?
Santa Monica Team A - New IP for PS4?
Naughty Dog Team B - Uncharted 4?
Quantic Dreams Tean B - PS4 Game?
Zindagi - Sports Champions 3?
The Workshop - PS4 Move Game?
Giant Sparrow - Artsy PSN Game?
Team Siren - Gravity Rush 2?
Bend - Uncharted Vita 2?
London - AR Game for PS3/Vita?
Clap Hanz - Hotshots Tennis?
Tarsier Studio - New IP?
San Diego - Was making Warriors Lair?
SuperMassive Games - Making PS4 game?
DrinkBox - Making PSN game?
Just Add Water - Oddworld game PS4/Vita?

kerrak

Teams that have not made a game in a while
- Naughty Dog - Uncharted 3 Team
- Guerilla Games - Killzone 3 Team
- Guerilla Games - New Studio rumoured to be making Fantasy IP
- Polyphonic Digital
- Sucker Punch (has expanded maybe 2 teams)
- Media Molecule - Team 2
- Evolution Studios (has expanded maybe 2 teams)
- Ready at Dawn
- Quantic Dreams - Team 2

Teams that are busy
- Naughty Dog - Last of Us Team
- Guerilla Cambridge - making Killzone Mercenery
- Media Molecule - Tearaway Team
- Bend - making Vita game
- Team Ico - making Last Guardian
- Project Siren - making Gravity Rush 2
- San Diego - making Warrior's Lair
- Quantic Dreams - making Beyond
- SOE - made Planetside 2
- Novarama - making Vita game

ps4

Ready at Dawn are second-party.

As for Guerrilla (the main studio, not Cambridge), they suggested in Edge (either late last year or early this year) they were making a new Killzone game, with Steven Ter Heide directing that effort while Mathjis De Jonge (Killzone 2/3 director) directs the new IP.

Dusky

Is it confirmed that RAD is working on a Sony exlclusive and not a multiplatform title?

Didn't the rumour start when it was reported that they were developing for a next-gen console and not consoles, hence why everyone thinks it is PS4.

Dusky

Teams that have not made a game in a while
- Naughty Dog - Uncharted 3 Team
- Guerilla Games - Killzone 3 Team
- Guerilla Games - New Studio rumoured to be making Fantasy IP
- Polyphonic Digital
- Sucker Punch (has expanded maybe 2 teams)
- Media Molecule - Team 2
- Evolution Studios (has expanded maybe 2 teams)
- Ready at Dawn
- Quantic Dreams - Team 2

Also missing SSM who are said to be developing some sort of shooter. Stig's game probably.

KAL2006

Banned
Also missing SSM who are said to be developing some sort of shooter. Stig's game probably.

Yep forgot Stig is making a new game, but about the shooter thing, want that just for Starhawk as Santa Monica co developed that game.

I was under the impression Guerrilla and Cambridge had merged to work together on Killzone. Didn't realise Cambridge was stuck working separately on Mercenary. Think this is a big mistake and is not reassuring for the quality or scope a Killzone really needs to compete with the big boys of FPS. This is a problem with Sony overall I think, they should be pooling resources for their flagship games. GT is a good example. That game could have done with a couple of studios helping out, like oh I don't know a studio that had worked on an F1 racing game perhaps (RIP Studio Liverpool). What a dumb decision that was.

Also, lol at TLG. Would have to rank as one of the biggest disappointments this gen.

Sid

San Diego is making the new MLB too.

I was under the impression Guerrilla and Cambridge had merged to work together on Killzone. Didn't realise Cambridge was stuck working separately on Mercenary. Think this is a big mistake and is not reassuring for the quality or scope a Killzone really needs to compete with the big boys of FPS. This is a problem with Sony overall I think, they should be pooling resources for their flagship games. GT is a good example. That game could have done with a couple of studios helping out, like oh I don't know a studio that had worked on an F1 racing game perhaps (RIP Studio Liverpool). What a dumb decision that was.

Also, lol at TLG. Would have to rank as one of the biggest disappointments this gen.
Cambridge was guerilla's 'sister studio' before merging with them they also worked on killzone 2,polyphony has 2 studios now i think they are both working on GT6.

Takao

Banned
SCE Japan Studio: Puppeteer, Rain, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush sequel (rumored), Ape Escape 4 (rumored) alongside assistance on projects like Over My Dead Body 2, and Soul Sacrifice.

Carl

They do all share resources and help eachother out.

Shtof

Well, it's not like Killzone will have any competition as the premium FPS on the Vita.

Mario007

Cool idea for a thread (very informative).

I don't think Quantic Dream has a second team though.

Apparently they have 200 people in the studio so I guess 2 teams aren't out of the question.

Most of the teams do help each other out. As far as I know many Sony europe coders are helping Team ICO on The Last Guardian for example.
Also cambridge is part of GG now.

Takao

Banned
How do the Last Guardian guys still have jobs? Or has the game never getting finished been mostly Sony's fault?

I doubt that game's development problems have anything to do with the programmers, and artists on staff but rather a single perfectionist who was given free reign. Once TLG ships (lol) Ueda is officially no longer an employee of SCE.

They do all share resources and help eachother out.

That's not what I mean though and even then sometimes it's tenuous. I mean a complete co-operative effort, like GG and Cambridge merge and all those people work on Killzone 4. I read 343i has 300 people, 300 people working on one game. GG has 160.

I heard Santa Monica were helping out on TLG but in reality it wasn't much. I don't think anyone helped out much on GT5 because Yamauchi lives in a bubble.

Necron

I hope we'll get some good titles around launch.

It's surprising that most studios separated into two teams...

I don't think anyone helped out much on GT5 because Yamauchi lives in a bubble.

That's not the reason. Kaz has said that it was due to them being knee deep in development with GT5 very early on and couldn't really look outside. They built everything inhouse. He's said that in the future that'll change and they're going to communicate with the other WWS more.

Mario007

Evolution expanding? didn't the studio manger say that he fear that Sony will close the studio or something similar?
As far as I know after Apocalypse bombed they were given one more chance. Most of the staff is working on that project now, plus Evolution brought in new people from Liverpool. They had a small team working on Motostorm RC and that was definitely a huge success considering the resources.

Carl

Evolution expanding? didn't the studio manger say that he fear that Sony will close the studio or something similar?

i think RC did really well for them. They've had another project greenlit anyway, so they definitely have more stuff on the way.

Globox_82

Banned
Didn't the rumour start when it was reported that they were developing for a next-gen console and not consoles, hence why everyone thinks it is PS4.

Because at first their job aplications (Gamasutra, on their site) was at first saying PS3, just PS3. Then a few months later in changed into NEXT GEN CONSOLE (singular). Now this doesn't mean 100% it's for PS4(exclusive) but it sure hints at that. But who knows, maybe in the mean time that changed like with "Remember Me".

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sony London is working on an unannounced camera-based 'multiplatform' (PS3...+Vita?) game 'connected to a very famous IP' for 2013.

Maybe a follow-up to Book of Spells or something else wonderbook-y? With a Vita version too?

sajj316

I would put my money on Naughty Uncharted team working on a PS4 Uncharted title or at least dabbling in the technology so they can build their internal tools

Sid

Sony London is working on an unannounced camera-based 'multiplatform' (PS3...+Vita?) game 'connected to a very famous IP' for 2013.

Maybe a follow-up to Book of Spells or something else wonderbook-y? With a Vita version too?
Invizimals maybe though neither that or wonderbook are famous.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

Harry Potter is, though, wrt the possibility of another 'book' from Rowling.

Or maybe they'll make a LBP Wonderbook title. Which I think could be fantastic, particularly with Vita.

Takao

Banned

yes finally eye of judgment yu-gi-oh edition thank you sony i knew konami was still your bro

Invizimals is Novarama's baby.

Top Bottom