• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conservatives Freak Out About Django Unchained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/12/19/django_unchained_and_racism_drudge_report_rehashes_tarantino_n_word_flap.html
Last week, the Drudge Report sparked controversy after inexplicably plastering its cover page with a picture of Quentin Tarantino above the word “N*GGER” printed several times. The headline linked to a review of Django Unchained, and was only comprehensible (and then just barely) as an attempt to stir up anger over the movie’s story about one slave’s revenge. Above the headline were several Tarantino-related links, including one to an old story about Spike Lee’s criticism of the director for his liberal use of the racial slur in his films.

Whatever Matt Drudge was trying to say—if anything—the sensationalistic headline highlighted the growing fear expressed by some on the right that Django Unchained is somehow a threat to white people. As Max Read noted at Gawker, those supposed fears were likely fueled in part by star Jamie Foxx’s opening monologue on Saturday Night Live a little over a week ago, in which he joked about being excited “to kill all the white people in the movie.” The monologue was highlighted on Breitbart News among other conservative websites. In a typical NewsBusters post, Noel Sheppard cluelessly wrote, “Imagine the uproar if a white actor joked about killing all the black people in a new film he was starring in.”

Jeffrey T. Kuhner wrote a more detailed reaction to the SNL skit for the Washington Times, deeming Foxx a “black nationalist,” while accusing minorities of “racial tribalism”—a supposedly privileged attitude that allows gays, Latinos, Asians, and so on to say offensive things about other groups, while whites can’t.

"Anti-white bigotry has become embedded in our postmodern culture. Take Django Unchained. The movie boils down to one central theme: the white man as devil—a moral scourge who must be eradicated like a lethal virus. For decades, Hollywood, U.S. textbooks and higher education have stressed that America was founded upon slavery, sexism and genocide. In other words, white European civilization is the root of evil and imperial subjugation around the world."

While it’s easy to laugh at Kuhner’s hyperbolic piece, it wasn’t too long ago that writers for more respectable (and less rabidly rightwing) publications were getting worked up about the possibility of cinematically inspired black violence. Back in 1989, in New York Magazine, both David Denby and Joe Klein suggested that the the polarizing climax of Spike Lee’s Do the Right Thing—in which racial tension erupts into a violent outburst after a black youth is killed by the police—might prompt violence against whites. “If some audiences go wild, [Lee’s] partly responsible,” Denby wrote. Klein echoed the sentiment, saying that while the “subtleties” of the movie would leave “white (especially white liberal) audiences debating the meaning of Spike Lee’s message,” black teenagers would regard the message more simply: “The police are your enemy…White people are your enemy.” Klein found a “dangerous stupidity” in this supposed message.

Of course, black audiences didn’t riot after seeing the film, because they are not so simple-minded as Denby and Klein implied they were.
http://gawker.com/5967848/why-is-the-drudge-report-covered-in-ngger-the-coming-right+wing-freakout-over-django-unchained?tag=django-unchained
As it turns out, the people really bothered by the racial politics of Django Unchained (which doesn't even come out until Christmas) are the gutter commenters of the internet right and their enablers in the conservative media. You'd think that maybe the one time scared conservatives could stomach the sight of a black man killing white men is in the context of vengeance for an unspeakable crime. But in the world imagined by the extreme conservative web, a world constantly under the threat of race war, there is no acceptable space for righteous black violence — not as a firsthand depiction, not as secondhand reference, not as fact, not as fiction, not in the movies, and not on TV.

This isn't the first time Django Unchained has been on the Drudge Report this week. On Monday, it got a photo and headline above the main story: "UNCHAINED: Foxx Jokes About Killing 'All The White People' In New Movie..." Above the headline, Drudge had a production still of Foxx, in a cowboy hat, holding a revolver.

The National Review Online, not usually in the habit of linking to SNL monologues, linked to this one. The uncharacteristically flat description didn't really explain why the venerable conservative publication was calling attention to the video:

But if you were confused why NRO pimped Foxx's monologue, NRO commenters weren't. "He's obviously one of those people who isn't opposed to the 'culture of killing' in the black community and uses his celebrity to encourage it," wrote one. The post got 200 comments, making it among the most-commented on the site and by far the post with the highest comment-to-word ratio. Most of them went something like this:

K2fOL.png

CbWyi.png

Django Unchained, unsurprisingly, has already been the subject of a series of heated blog posts on white nationalist sites. "Django Unchained; Incitement to racially motivated murder," goes one headline; another calls it an "anti-White racial snuff film." NRO and Breitbart won't write that out, specifically. But they know they don't have to: they're sharing an audience with the white nationalist sites — an audience that thinks that President Obama has been a racially "divisive" president, an audience that believes a race war is on the horizon, an audience that sympathizes with George Zimmerman. An audience that thinks an SNL monologue qualifies as incitement to violence.

Oppo

I wonder if they thought pretty blonde girls would be encouraged to go on a kill crazy rampage after Kill Bill.

Sorry I didn’t post my reviews of the new movies out Christmas Day, but I wasn’t feeling well and needed a brief break. This is supposed to be the time of year when Hollywood puts out its best stuff. No such luck. Not even close. It’s just dreck. I can’t recommend any of the new movies that debuted in theaters yesterday, and here’s why:

“Django Unchained“: This movie is a three-hour-long anti-White racism-fest. Yes, slavery happened in America, and the slaves were Blacks who were enslaved by Whites (and some other Blacks). But there were also some good White people, abolitionists who worked for the freedom of slaves. And, yet, not a single White American in this movie is a good person. All of them, with the exception of a German immigrant dentist/bounty hunter, are evil (and stupid). And you know why director Quentin Tarantino made the one good guy a German, don’t you? Because four score (the movie takes place in 1858) years later, the Germans were the Nazis we fought, the Nazis who enslaved the Jews. You’ve probably heard about Jamie Foxx bragging on “Saturday Night Live” that he gets to kill White people in this movie and gets paid for it. But that’s not news, since he utters the same line in the movie and that line is in many of the trailers promoting it.

And, since this is a Tarantino flick, it goes without saying that the movie is extremely bloody, gory, and violent–perhaps more than the other Tarantino movies. If Tarantino really wanted to do a good western, he wouldn’t have done this. Instead, he wanted to do a tribute to the Obama fans of the world and pile on everyone else, somehow justifying the non-stop affirmative action, minority set-asides, and other race-based favoritism in America. He also wanted to give the hip-hop, single-mother, welfare-addicted, drug-using segment of our society something to feel good about . . . that they are better than the White “crackers,” who “did this” to them. But, in fact, most Whites in America today, don’t come from that stock. For example, my ancestors were busy being raped and tortured in pogroms by anti-Semitic Poles in Europe at the time. They had nothing to do with slavery or what happened then. So, this movie, as a justification for all the Black racism against White people and all the legs up the government gives minorities, just doesn’t work for me. The “Get Whitey” ethos of this movie isn’t what we need more of. We need far less. And, as you may have read, it’s full of the N-word, though I expected that, since it does take place at the time of slavery in the South.

The story: a German immigrant dentist/bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) travels the country rounding up criminals, dead or alive, for the bounty. In the course of that, he looks for, finds, and frees a Black slave known as Django (Jamie Foxx). Together, they partner up in the bounty hunter business, while they look for Django’s wife, Broomhilda (Kerry Washington), a German-speaking slave who was once owned by a German family. They find and try to buy her freedom from a haughty but not-too-wise plantation owner (Leonardo DiCaprio a/k/a DiCrapio). Along the way, they also meet another plantation owner, who is also haughty but not-too-wise, played by Don Johnson (yup, that Don Johnson of “Miami Vice” fame; Tom Wopat from “The Dukes of Hazzard” also co-stars). They also meet up with many small town residents and cowboys, all of whom are racist. Oh, and did I mention that White people are racist? In case you didn’t get that, there are scenes, such as DiCaprio and his other slave-owning friends and associates holding and watching a private mandingo death match between slaves as entertainment. Yeah, you see what those crackaz did in 1858? So, we deserve our Obamaphone and then some!

I would be lying if I didn’t say that there are some mildly entertaining and funny moments amid the race-baiting. But that doesn’t justify it, and mostly the movie is long, slow, and boring, between brutal, graphic killings, that is. Like I said, the movie is extremely bloody and violent, and extremely racist. And it’s not necessary at this time, unless of course, it’s to provide more justification for the re-election of Barack Obama, the ever growing ranks of American food stamp and welfare recipients, and the disintegration of urban America. You know datz right.

If you do go to see this race-baiting cinematic screed, don’t drink anything beforehand. It’s nearly three hours, and you’ll need a pretty strong bladder (and a lot of patience). I like a good spaghetti Western. This ain’t it.

Rating: FOUR MARXES PLUS AN AL SHARPTON PLUS A JESSE JACKSON
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/5772...o-unchained-les-miserables-parental-guidance/

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Can't wait until I'm old and southern whites are too few to ever again hold America hostage.

You might not have to wait that long if they cut all the benefits they need to survive now as a way to spite the democrats....

PnCIa

For decades, Hollywood, U.S. textbooks and higher education have stressed that America was founded upon slavery, sexism and genocide.
Uhm...yeah. I thought this was common knowledge :p

Basically what it comes down to is a bunch of Conservatives wondering why they too aren't allowed to say "n*gger" with impunity.

I think there is legitimate discussion and concern to be had there, but calling it an 'anti-white snuff film' and what not is just wacky.

Chunky

But... America was founded on slavery. I mean, it happened so long ago that no-one should guilty over it or anything, but to argue against it's a bit stupid.

I wonder if they thought pretty blonde girls would be encouraged to go on a kill crazy rampage after Kill Bill.

Uma Therman. Pretty.
Urr...

Blacks who were enslaved by Whites (and some other Blacks)
Ha. That makes it okay then.

And you know why director Quentin Tarantino made the one good guy a German, don’t you? Because four score (the movie takes place in 1858) years later, the Germans were the Nazis we fought, the Nazis who enslaved the Jews.
Yeah, you see what those crackaz did in 1858? So, we deserve our Obamaphone and then some!
And it’s not necessary at this time, unless of course, it’s to provide more justification for the re-election of Barack Obama, the ever growing ranks of American food stamp and welfare recipients, and the disintegration of urban America. You know datz right.

hmmm, yes, i see

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
They're late, the nutjob sector was supposed to have started complaining two weeks ago over this film.

They were distracted by tracking down the proof that Obama stole the election.

But... America was founded on slavery. I mean, it happened so long ago that no-one should guilty over it or anything, but to argue against it's a bit stupid.

In southern conservative land, talking about slavery as what it really was, and how America took advantage of it, seems to be a big no-no. See, acknowledging it opens the door to discussing how there may be the DNA of racism embedded in America, and that institutional racism might be a very real thing. Some southern conservatives go so far as to actually avoid using the word slavery at all, and try to insinuate that many of those white slave owners where, in some bizarre fucked up way, doing their slaves a good turn and helping the black people get off on the right foot in America.

There's a reason why so many of these people want to re-write history books to downplay the significance of things like slavery, and use the word itself less often in the very texts.

I should write her back

"What about the countless movies that always have black characters cast as thugs and gangbangers and never in positive roles? They're out there by the dozens. Yet when the opposite happens (which is ridiculously rare) your panties are in a bunch. What about the countless movies that always portrary asians as triad members or a martial artist or as an illegal immigrant. Besides if you want a white empowerment movie about slavery, Lincoln is out."

Seanspeed

Banned
The whole thing is silly, but this is pretty true:

“Imagine the uproar if a white actor joked about killing all the black people in a new film he was starring in.”

All hell would break loose and that actor would probably never find work again.

TheExodu5

Banned
UmaThurman041_large.jpg

You were sayin'....?

I can understand people not finding her attractive. That being said, she looks incredibly hot in that picture.

“Imagine the uproar if a white actor joked about killing all the black people in a new film he was starring in.”

In what context? The context here is that a black man is killing white slavers. Plenty of white men have killed black terrorists and criminals in movies.

While somewhat true (it was a joke that uptight people are taking way too seriously), that's nothing compared to the double standards that black males regularly face in our society.

blackflag

Lol damn that review is amazing. The reviewer makes it sound like he made the only white good guy in the movie a German because they'd be nazis several years later? Lol yeah let's just ignore that he made a Jewish revenge film and killed all the nazis as well.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

in the context that Foxx made the joke, there was no problem at all

I guess people still dunno how jokes work....

Miserable definitely describes my mood sitting through this nearly three-hour exercise in bad singing and an even more atrocious story. For years, I’ve heard every female relative I know and many of my friends rave over the Broadway musical upon which this is based. And, now, that I’ve seen it, I wonder, is that all there is? I have to say the fans of Les Mis vastly overrate utter garbage. What’s to rave about? An abandoned mother (Anne Hatha-neigh, er . . . Hathaway) toils in a factory to pay for her daughter who is being kept by evil, sleazy inn owners (Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter). When she’s fired from the factory, the mother becomes a prostitute and gets sick and dies. Then, the man who fired her, a former prisoner and lawbreaker (Hugh Jackman)–he was imprisoned for 17 years for stealing a piece of bread for his sister to eat–feels bad, so he gets her young daughter and raises her. But he is forever in hiding and escaping from a lawman (Russell Crowe). Oh, and he dies on the daughter’s wedding day. And this horrid tragedy is somehow a “great” musical? Oy.

My reservations with this movie, as I’ve noted before on this site: our major enemies are Muslims and Chi-Coms, NOT the North Koreans, although they are bad. So the plot is absurd. It’s not even plausible that the North Koreans could afford to carry out such a major scale invasion of America. And all of the Wolverines in this movie wear keffiyehs, the Islamic scarf of death. Um, since when did the keffiyeh become the symbol of American freedom? The movie would have been far more credible had the movie been about an invasion of Muslims. But Hollywood would NEVER have the cojones to present Muslims as the invaders. Not politically correct. Plus, they have tickets to sell to Arab and Muslim moviegoers around the wrold. Back in 1984, Soviet Communism was the major threat we faced. Now, it is Islam and the Chinese. And the Chinese are doing it financially, not through a military invasion. So, this movie seems kind of comical.

1) Did Black soldiers who fought for the Union really lecture Lincoln and essentially yell at him because they weren’t free? Although in those days, anyone could easily approach the President and tell him of their problems (we see more of that, later on in the movie), I wonder if Blacks would feel free to tell the President off in that day and age. I don’t believe that scene, in the beginning of the movie, ever really happened. 2) Did Tad Lincoln really have an obsession with the glass plates bearing photos of Blacks, to the point that he played with the plates late at night? Doesn’t seem likely. 3) Would Blacks be allowed to sit in the House gallery along with Whites at that time in history? 4) Did Radical Republican Thaddeus Stevens (Tommy Lee Jones), the Pennsylvania Congressman who vehemently fought for freeing the slaves, have a relationship with his Black female housekeeper, with whom he lived? The movie says yes and shows him in bed with her. But history has never proven that. History shows that the allegations were used by pro-slavery opponents of abolition against Stevens when he fought for freeing the slaves, but that isn’t shown in the movie. It was a rumor, just like the rumor that Thomas Jefferson fathered children with Sally Hemings, something that’s never been proven (contrary to conventional wisdom). 5) The movie does show him in bed and also on a bed with men, but not in a gay way (at least, that’s not the way I saw it). He was working with them late into the night to pass the bill freeing slaves.

Robert Lincoln (Joseph Gordon-Levitt, whose parents founded an anti-Israel group for Jews–yup, this movie is populated by self-haters)

But, again, don’t forget that this Lincoln is a HAMAS-lover. And take that into account when you decide where to spend your movie dollars.

And it doesn’t help that the villain in this latest Bond installment, in theaters today, manhandles Bond in a very gay way, unbuttoning his shirt, and putting his hand on Bond’s chest (to which Bond responds, “What makes you think this is my first time?”). It had an icky, in-your-face-political correctness vibe to it. But this is the new politically correct James Bond. I don’t care about race, but it’s not by accident that Moneypenny is now a Black chick and the villain is a weird, bleach blond gay freak (Javier Bardem), who looks like the Wikileaks dude on steroids.

I’m sure the Bond fanboys will kill me for saying so, but I found this Bond to be either the worst of the three Daniel Craig Bond movies, or a close tie with the absurd “Quantum of Solace.” It was slow and boring. There isn’t nearly as much action and cool cars as you’re used to in a typical Bond movie. In fact, there’s just one cool car, and it’s a throwback. There aren’t even any cool gadgets. The ones that the new, young “Q” gives Bond are blah. And the Bond girls, which are there for the male Bond fans, well, there are only two of them (not counting Moneypenny), and they’re barely there.

“Argo,” in theaters today, is a great movie sandwiched in between two bad far-leftist monologues. Director Ben Affleck tries to justify the Iranian revolution and the violent, deadly actions of Iranian Shi’ite Muslims supporting Ayatollah Khomeini at the beginning of this film. And he gives Jimmy Carter free reign to whine and take credit at the end. But despite Affleck’s best efforts at that, the movie is gold sandwiched between these two slices of crap. No matter what, it’s a great, unvarnished reminder of the Islamic threat that keeps repeating itself. And so I still recommend it.

There are also a couple of news footage scenes (Affleck uses a lot of real footage and well-replicated scenes of actual scenes and events) of Americans kicking Iranian students in America. Frankly, Americans were far too kind to the few Iranians they attacked, and were very nice to most of them here. That’s despite the fact that thousands of Iranian students overstayed their visas here, became illegal aliens, and actively supported the Khomeini’ites. A former top INS official detailed how thousands of those Iranians protested in front of the White House and were arrested by the INS. And, yet, President Carter ordered that the Iranians be freed into the American abyss without ever being fingerprinted, identified, and/or booked. Affleck doesn’t show you that, either. (One thing I noticed missing: any mention of Ronald Reagan, who actually got the other hostages out.)

looooooooool

watershed

Banned
I honestly don't know what this has to do with Obama. Also the implication that people, black people specifically, are so easily "riled up" by a film is disgusting and amazingly ignorant considering its white conservatives that are all emotional about it.

Edit: Oh god the reviews...

KingFire

Banned
In what context? The context here is that a black man is killing white slavers. Plenty of white men have killed black terrorists and criminals in movies.

You are missing the point.

It is not about the character he played. It is about his "jokes" about being glad that he killed white people during an interview. That is racist no matter how you look it at it.

Again it is not about the character. As you said, white actors played characters that did worse things. A character is fiction. What he said during an interview was not.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hahahahaha, I love it when white males get so upset because they have it sooooo hard.

For decades, Hollywood, U.S. textbooks and higher education have stressed that America was founded upon slavery, sexism and genocide

OH NO! THE TRUTH! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO!?

BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!
What's even funnier is that she loved Inglourious Basterds (and didn't seem to mind the violence):

Movie of the Year: “Inglourious Basterds”

By Debbie Schlussel

I wish my brave, tough Holocaust survivor grandfather, Isaac, was alive to see “Inglourious Basterds.”

He would love it even more than I did. So would my dad. And they would be cheering and laughing along with me.

Because the movie debuts at Midnight screenings tonight, I am posting this review early, and you’ll note that I was entirely wrong in my expectations for this movie when I first wrote about it, back in February. The movie is riveting. It’s fun and serious at the same time. And it’s thrilling.

It’s not usual that I praise a Quentin Tarantino film or a flick starring Brad Pitt. I’m not a big fan of either. But “Inglourious Basterds” is either the exception to the rule or a new beginning (probably the former, at least in the case of Pitt, who is very good here). After two-and-a-half hours of this fantastic movie, I didn’t want it to end. I wanted more. So well done, so interesting, exciting, and suspenseful, it flew by. Like “The Departed (read my review),” it’s a well-wrapped treasure, with new delights at each uncovered layer. And a few puzzles, some of which aren’t answered but are designed to make you think.

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this movie.

It’s that well done. My only regrets are 1) that it’s not a true story; and 2) that no-one in Hollywood has the guts to do an “Inglorious Basterds” with Americans fighting our current enemy: Muslim invaders who’ve also replaced their friends, the Nazis, as the thugs upon Europe. If only Abu Steven Spielberg had had the guts to do “Munich” (read my review) like this.

“Basterds” is the story of an American commanding officer, Lt. Aldo Raine (Pitt), from the south and his brigade of Jewish American soldiers sent to France to kill Nazis . . . and, yes, scalp them. (Several of the actors who play them are Jewish in real life.) But it’s also the story of Shoshanna Dreyfus, a French Jewish blonde who plots revenge on the Nazis who murdered her family of dairy farmers as they hid. French actress, Melanie Laurent, who plays her is the real star of this movie, as is the frighteningly creepy Austrian actor, Christoph Waltz, as Nazi Col. Hans Landa. (Diane Kruger is not bad as a German movie star and double agent.)

Those two stories intertwine to an exciting and fitting conclusion that is almost as satisfying as the famous “Raiders of the Lost Ark” scene, in which Nazis melt after countenancing the spirit of G-d emerging from the Ark of the Covenant. And it’s very similar.

Yes, this movie is somewhat bloody and graphic (a couple of Nazi scalpings are shown as is a scene of “The Bear Jew” (Eli Roth) wailing on a Nazi’s head with a baseball bat–though that’s only briefly shown). But the violence is for a reason: it’s good against evil. And it’s thoroughly satisfying. I wish they showed even more. I don’t apologize for cheering on the killing of Nazis. They were inhuman. And the treatment they got in this movie is the same way we should treat all of our enemies, but simply don’t have the guts to do so. It’s fun to see the SS and Gestapo members get well-merited permanent reminders of their days wearing the swastika.

Yes, parts of the movie are implausible and the Hitler actor, Martin Wuttke, doesn’t look as much like Hitler as in more dramatic films. But this is a Quentin Tarantino film. It’s gotta be somewhat comedic and funny (though the presence of Mike Myers as a British officer was a little much for me), and this had plenty of those moments (watch for Col. Landa’s pipe).

But it also had many moments of nail-biting suspense. Will the Americans be found out by the Nazis? Does Col. Landa recognize the Jew who escaped him years earlier?

It’s all done masterfully and has you rapt at attention. Every scene was so well done, so interesting and exciting.

And even though the story isn’t true, some of it is based on truth, and I recommend you see the fabulous documentary, “The Ritchie Boys (will try to post a review of that on this site, soon),” to learn more about real-life Jewish-American immigrants from Europe who returned as undercover U.S. Army sabotage and intelligence specialists. ( One of them, Guy Stern, is a friend of my family, and one of the producers is my lifelong friend, David Karp.)

I don’t want to say much more about “Inglourious Basterds,” because to do so would give away the movie. But if you are an American who is proud of your country, or a WWII buff, or a Jew or other hater of Nazis who wants to see revenge wrapped in a very well-told story, this is your movie.

It was like reading a great novel on the beach in summer. The clothes, the sets, the lines, the characters–every attention to detail is so well captured in this attempt at encapsulating German film at the time and many World War II movies that have been done since.

Go see this movie (but don’t take your kids–it’s rated “R” for a reason). And tell every one else to see it, too.

For me, “Inglourious Basterds” is the movie of the year. I doubt anything I see between now and New Years Day will top it.

Vengeance is under-rated. As this movie shows in spades, it’s a thrill.

Rating: FOUR REAGANS
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/7280/movie-of-the-year-inglourious-basterds/

Clevinger

"Last week, the Drudge Report sparked controversy after inexplicably plastering its cover page with a picture of Quentin Tarantino above the word “N*GGER” printed several times."

This motherfucker...

If you are complaining about the racial politics in a cartoony revenge movie during slavery, it makes you look realllllllllllllllllllllllllllly bad. Like, really REALLY bad. Would you be.............. just kinda.... in the slightest bit..... defending...... slave.... owners in that scenario?

Besides, (film spoilers)
Sam Jackson is the final boss, and the moral ambiguity behind that is great.

Vice

You are missing the point.

It is not about the character he played. It is about his "jokes" about being glad that he killed white people during an interview. That is racist no matter how you look it at it.

Again it is not about the character. As you said, white actors played characters that did worse things. A character is fiction. What he said during an interview was not.
It's a joke from a monologue he did. Either on his radio show or SNL. It's pretty funny in context.

TheExodu5

Banned

And, yet, not a single White American in this movie is a good person. All of them, with the exception of a German immigrant dentist/bounty hunter, are evil (and stupid). And you know why director Quentin Tarantino made the one good guy a German, don’t you? Because four score (the movie takes place in 1858) years later, the Germans were the Nazis we fought, the Nazis who enslaved the Jews.

You've got to be kidding me. Do you even realize he directed Inglourious Basterds? No, you're just a biased little shit that can't watch movies that do anything but pamper your own agenda. Pardon my French.

Raxus

You've got to be kidding me. Do you even realize he directed Inglourious Basterds? No, you're just a biased little shit that can't watch movies that do anything but pamper your own agenda. Pardon my French.

The funny thing is she loved IB where the same actor is portrayed as not only a nazi but a super nazi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom