• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
Honestly, guys:

Pokemon-X-Y-Legendary.jpg

They're both goddamn beautiful.

Yeah, I like them a lot more than Reshiram and Zekrom.

Nice to see something really unique-like from Game Freak, gives me a sign of hope!

Is there a write-up about the Yvetal/Xerneas connection to Norse mythology? I read the post Neiteio threw down from serebii about Z, but I haven't read much on the original theory

Metaroo

On the topic of the legendaries, Yveltal has definitely been given my full attention. From the sound of the Norse motif of the legendaries that seems to be hinted, I can't wait to see how this story plays out.

I've wanted a Fenrir legendary ever since playing Dark Souls.

Partition

Banned
The only thing I dislike design wise so far are those ugly ass logos. I hope they are completely re-done (the Japanese ones aren't as bad)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
didn't read the whole thread, just found out Xerneas' eye is X shaped...those details are amazing

and Team Xerneas here. He's just too beautiful

Neiteio

The only thing I dislike design wise so far are those ugly ass logos. I hope they are completely re-done (the Japanese ones aren't as bad)
Man, I'm just thankful they dropped the subtitle "version" from each name -- it was so tacky having those. Plus, I like how the "X" and "Y" are stylized to reflect their respective legendaries. :)

Neiteio

Coro Coro could leak by Saturday. Pokemon Smash will be at the same sort of time.

Don't expect significant new details from either.
Honestly, they could just have Sugimori art of the legendaries and that would be more than awesome. Unless they post the same screens from the trailer, they might at least have that much.

Is there a write-up about the Yvetal/Xerneas connection to Norse mythology? I read the post Neiteio threw down from serebii about Z, but I haven't read much on the original theory

I just googled "Xerneas and Yvetal norse mythology" and my post was the top result :lol That was fast

Seriously though, someone enlighten me

All 5 shown off are pretty high quality - not sure what it is, but they all gave me a sense of "awesome" from first glance.

Maybe it's Nintendo's trailer cut that's influencing me.

All 5 shown off are pretty high quality - not sure what it is, but they all gave me a sense of "awesome" from first glance.

Maybe it's Nintendo's trailer cut that's influencing me.
Agreed. As much as I like picking sides and favorites, none of these Pokemon are unappealing to me. It's the first time since G/S that I had to think about which starter to pick.

Korosenai

Groudon and Kyogre are the best legendary duos, but these have to be my second favorite. I really like Lugia but never really cared for Ho-Oh.

Neiteio

I just googled "Xerneas and Yvetal norse mythology" and my post was the top result :lol That was fast

Seriously though, someone enlighten me
Basically, if I understand correctly, you have the world tree Yggdrasil. Xerneas is the creature in Norse mythology that represents the body and protects the secrets of Yggdrasil; Yveltal is the great bird that represents the mind and flies around the world gathering knowledge and returning to the world tree, periodically, to store it there. And then you have Niohoggr, the beast that represents the soul and threatens to raise the dead against the living. The basis for Xerneas and Yveltal would protect the tree from him. I'm probably mixing up some folklore here, but that's what I recall.

Also, I'm not sure, but there is a many-antlered stag in Norse mythology that stands upon Valhalla. Not sure if he's the same creature that protects Yggdrasil, though.

zroid

Banned
I've always preferred one of the two in each gen vastly more than the other, all the way from II to V (Lugia, Kyogre, Dialga, and Zekrom). I think this is the first pair for which I like both about equally, and I like them both a lot! I might give the slight edge to Xerneas just because stags are awesome.

ffdgh

I suppose they're appealing since they don't look reptilian again.....or aren't a dragons duo(trio) again for a 3rd gen in a row not including rayquaza.

Yeah, definitely my favourite mascots in a while. Dialga and Palkia were plain hideous and I was a bit annoyed we got dragons again with Zekrom and Reshiram. These guys are unique at the very least.

But Kyogre and Groudon >>>

Neiteio

I've always preferred one of the two in each gen vastly more than the other, all the way from II to V (Lugia, Kyogre, Dialga, and Zekrom). I think this is the first pair for which I like both about equally, and I like them both a lot! I might give the slight edge to Xerneas just because stags are awesome.
Whoa, you're like my opposite: My faves were Ho-oh, Groudon, Palkia and Reshiram.

Let me guess: You didn't start with Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup or Oshawott, did you?

Neiteio

Those pokemon didn't even look like they could move properly. Like they were shitty action figures.
Yeah, I have to agree, Dialga and Palkia looked rigid as hell. Like statues or something. Even their animated Pokedex 3D Pro models strain to move.

I like them -- really, I like all Pokemon -- but these new fellas look a lot more natural and dynamic. You can picture Yveltal flying, Xerneas galloping, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom