• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not even Wake-Up Club can save the Vita

Just took this photo at a Walmart, asked an employee and was told that the games were getting recalled to other stores that sell Vita games at a higher rate. Meaning only select locations will carry the games now.

RIP Playstation Vita 2011-2013, we hardly knew you.

wCxXUw7.jpeg

Just took this photo at a Walmart, asked an employee and was told that the games were getting recalled to other stores that sell Vita games at a higher rate. Meaning only select locations will carry the games now.

You realize this is January right? This is the month every store goes through inventory and shuffles what does and does not sell.

Iacobellis

This makes me sad. Sony is just letting a piece of hardware with so much fucking potential die a painless death. But look, the 3DS still flourishes and Nintendo is sitting on their asses taking six months to get Animal Crossing translated.

It doesn't make sense. Fuck it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Honest question: Does anyone actually buy the physical carts? I can't honestly say I go out of my way for them.

Anyway, it's funny if they are pulling those while not removing the PSP GT and Lego Harry Potter titles.

Kyon

Banned
Honest question: Does anyone actually buy the physical carts? I can't honestly say I go out of my way for them.

Anyway, it's funny if they are pulling those while not removing the PSP GT and Lego Harry Potter titles.

That's why I'm scratching my head.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

That's a silly question. Of course people do.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I feel bad for this but lol @ the "the most insane handheld gaming experience" above

antitrop

I own 2 physical Vita games, Lumines and Ninja Gaiden. Picked them up with my Vita when I purchased it at the store. I haven't bought another physical game since the day I bought my Vita (near release).

Super Stardust, UMvC3, and Sound Shapes are the only games I purchased digitally.

Wow. Bold that 'they got moved' bit. First I thought 'well least they sold' :p
Makes sense. Thats a big shelf its taking up, whilst at the other stores they'll drop the stock.

Theres a PS2 game there btw.

EDIT: Also people obsesses over the WiiU 'confusing' branding, but that just highlights how little has been done to tell people this is a new console. The Vita logo is tiny!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's a silly question. Of course people do.

So people don't actually buy off PSN like reasonable people would? Weird.

That is if Sony would price-drop the goddamn memory card prices/upgrade the memory card capacity AND sell shit at reasonable prices after they age. (some PSP titles are still $40 despite being 6 years old)

Abylim

Australia is similar. Big W is the only major general goods store that seels Vita's or Vita games. Could not find Vita anywhere else besides EB and JB here, and the aforementioned Big W.

Its quite sad too, it is a very good handheld. I'm enjoying it. Just wish sony lowered the price, and put some effort into some must have exclusives. Anything to get this guy going.

olimpia84

Me. Even though Vita games don't come with an instruction booklet I still buy physical copies whenever it's possible.

Regarding this thread, it's sad to see this but I can't say I'm surprised =/

I haven't been to my local Best Buy in years due to Amazon, but it makes me wonder if the typical vita section will include something like P4G which, may not sell a LOT, but certainly a pretty decent amount by Vita standards.

But it might still be considered relatively niche enough to only be available at a gamestop. And then there's the issue of VLR.

If some of Vita's best (critically speaking) titles can't even be bought in stores, then the retail model is dumb.

Apath

And be stuck paying ridiculous prices for Sony's memory cards? No thanks -- the only digital games I own are my PSP games and Motorstorm RC.

Australia is similar. Big W is the only major general goods store that seels Vita's or Vita games. Could not find Vita anywhere else besides EB and JB here, and the aforementioned Big W.

Its quite sad too, it is a very good handheld. I'm enjoying it. Just wish sony lowered the price, and put some effort into some must have exclusives. Anything to get this guy going.

Doesn't dick smith sell them too and Harvey Norman, plus the good guys.

Our store didn't shelve the Vita but refused to bring new ones until they sell what they have, thank God that digital exists otherwise my brother would've stuck with only launch games.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I haven't been to my local Best Buy in years due to Amazon, but it makes me wonder if the typical vita section will include something like P4G which, may not sell a LOT, but certainly a pretty decent amount by Vita standards.

But it might still be considered relatively niche enough to only be available at a gamestop. And then there's the issue of VLR.

If some of Vita's best (critically speaking) titles can't even be bought in stores, then the retail model is dumb.

Best Buy rarely carries the niche titles, I don't remember seeing P4G at mine.

They did, however carry Arena.

Bullza2o

I've been to a local Gamestop and Best Buy recently, and I was disappointed not to see any Persona 4 Golden being sold.

Perhaps they completely sold out of the game, I don't know.

Best Buy rarely carries the niche titles, I don't remember seeing P4G at mine.

They did, however carry Arena.
Ah that's the reason. Still, P4G should be advertised a lot.

What is more surprising is that Dream Club didn't save the vita. Those JP gamer's don't know how good they have it with their otaku software

I've been to a local Gamestop and Best Buy recently, and I was disappointed not to see any Persona 4 Golden being sold.

Never trust Atlus games to be at physical retailers. I scoured New York City looking for Devil Survivor Overclocked...went to like 5 GameStops in Manhattan and couldn't find a single one.

stktt

Banned

Ah that's the reason. Still, P4G should be advertised a lot.

My Gamestop had multiple copies of Golden on one of their three Vita shelves.

Top Bottom