• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My-Body-is-Ready-random-31574387-320-319.png

After the X/Y Direct, I'm expecting something big.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Holy shit, that'd be lame.

It's already been leaked for 360, PS3, and Wii U. Or it hasn't been leaked for the latter but I know it's coming.

So yeah, I totally would not be surprised to see Resident Evil: Revelations Wii U show up. Great game, but definitely not an announcement I want.

Fucking hell I just want some info on The Wonderful 101.

EDIT: loooool just announced

ASIS

I don't see how any of those could control the water like analog triggers can. Anyway, I shouldn't have said that it's impossible as they can probably get it to work even if it isn't as smooth as with triggers. I just hope that the re-release is through an HD remaster instead of a simple port.
I'll let you in on a little secret..
its because the GC triggers aren't actually analogue, they are digital but function on two levels instead of one. That's why you can only have a maximum of two commands with those triggers, and that's also why you can just shift one of those commands on any other input and leave primary commands for the digital triggers, voila!
I could be wrong though, but I don't remember any game that actually uses the triggers in anyway other than what I described.

Chopper

It's already been leaked for 360, PS3, and Wii U. Or it hasn't been leaked for the latter but I know it's coming.

So yeah, I totally would not be surprised to see Resident Evil: Revelations Wii U show up. Great game, but definitely not an announcement I want.

Fucking hell I just want some info on The Wonderful 101.

EDIT: loooool just announced
I knew it was coming, but I just don't want it taking up any time tomorrow.

Hiltz

Reggie made this statement after Wii U's launch:
I think we will continue to surprise the fans with announcements and information. I would not go so far as to say you know everything in our launch window.

Reggie, depending on what is announced tomorrow, you may very well have redeemed yourself.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I knew it was coming, but I just don't want it taking up any time tomorrow.

You and me both. Unfortunately we're both well aware of Nintendo's...time management.

I'm hoping for at least a one or two new must-haves, but I don't want to get my hopes up...

I think they are going to have to announce a couple must-haves due to the fact that both Microsoft and Sony have been slowly hinting that we'll start hearing about their next gaming systems soon. Nintendo had the head start on releasing their console. Now they have to take advantage of it.

guek

Banned
You know that nintendo is having public perception problems when people can't bring themselves to get excited for impending new games anymore. Man, I hope this delivers.

skypunch

Banned
Man, it's gonna suck if it's just about Revelations. I don't care about that soulless game.

Would be cooler if they showed us some Project Zwei footage.

EatChildren

Well I believe the ND is focused on Nintendo published stuff so we should be safe.

Yeah, but for all we know Nintendo could end up publisher Revelations.

I dunno. With these things I always keep my expectations to an absolute minimum. Every once in awhile Nintendo will curve ball with some friggen sweet announcement. Sometimes short and snappy. Sometimes with a surprising amount of discussion/footage. But they're so historically schizophrenic with time management that Iwata standing there mumbling about some series' history, followed by a 'brief' sizzle reel of known Wii U titles, leaving a third of the allocated time left to discuss something actually new, would not be out of the ordinary.

This is especially true if Nintendo has forged any partnerships to publish third party titles only announced for other systems. Which, as I always say, is no interest to me. If Nintendo is going to talk about new Wii U stuff, I want it to be stuff that helps define the console for me. That means exclusives, or definitive versions of console exclusive titles.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I know never to get my hopes up for a Direct. It'll be Nintendo: We Teach U Maths or some shit.

You know that nintendo is having public perception problems when people can't bring themselves to get excited for impending new games anymore. Man, I hope this delivers.

the only way this Delivers is if most of the games and services come before E3, or Nintendo has looked at Sales and hate the dive.

Media Create comes out tomorrow and people are expecting the Wii U to tank even lower

Coen

Everybody loves Nintendo Directs. Everbody loves Iwata Asks. Here's an idea Nintendo: mini documentaries on game development, behind the scenes, short interviews, all in an hour long video about a specific game or system. Do it!

Mit-

I'm curious how GC VC will be possible, since many GC games weren't shy about using the analog triggers and the GamePad/Protroller doesn't have them.

No Gamecube games on a virtual console ever.

Problem solved.

Maybe they'll do full disc-releases though.
And then pick all the same games that were updated for Wii--ie: no Wind Waker/Mario Sunshine.

bluehat9

It'll be great if its a Nintendo Direct to announce delays.

"You've all been waiting for a Pikmin release date. Well here it is! November 2, 2013! ARE YOU HYPED?"

I'll be happy with some kind of Mario sports title being announced (preferably a golf or a new strikers), but I doubt we'll get even that.

guek

Banned
the only way this Delivers is if most of the games and services come before E3, or Nintendo has looked at Sales and hate the dive.

Media Create comes out tomorrow and people are expecting the Wii U to tank even lower

That's not true at all. Wii U is softening pretty badly right now but much like the 3DS, having titles to look forward to in the future will give us a rough idea of when things will pick up. Accomplishing that would be enough for it to deliver for me.

I hope they show actual new games. I don't want to see more Pikmin. Just release that game already. I don't want to see Warioware, I already saw it. No Panorama, no Wii fit, no ports.

Show new games.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Sux that its at 9am eastern. I'm in the shower and driving to work at that time. (How is Reggie and Friends doing this at 6am on the west coast?)

VICI0US

about time.

I realize they we're probably trying to avoid a 3DS type situation where they reveal/hype games that don't end up actually releasing for years down the road but completely ignoring anything beyond the first 4-5 months of the wii-u's release schedule for this long was a bad move took things way too far in the opposite end of the spectrum.

people need to know about a bit about a platform's future to feel safe investing in it.

now bring on the games.

here's hoping we see what retro's been up to.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yeah, but for all we know Nintendo could end up publisher Revelations.

I dunno. With these things I always keep my expectations to an absolute minimum. Every once in awhile Nintendo will curve ball with some friggen sweet announcement. Sometimes short and snappy. Sometimes with a surprising amount of discussion/footage. But they're so historically schizophrenic with time management that Iwata standing there mumbling about some series' history, followed by a 'brief' sizzle reel of known Wii U titles, leaving a third of the allocated time left to discuss something actually new, would not be out of the ordinary.

This is especially true if Nintendo has forged any partnerships to publish third party titles only announced for other systems. Which, as I always say, is no interest to me. If Nintendo is going to talk about new Wii U stuff, I want it to be stuff that helps define the console for me. That means exclusives, or definitive versions of console exclusive titles.

I agree with the schizophrenic definition of their Directs.
Sometimes we gt HUGE announcment (as Pokemon or New Mario 2, or 3DSXLL), sometime great unexpected surprises (Bayonetta), sometimes expected but still not official sweet confirmations (as CoD), sometimes sweet footages of known projects (Pikmin), sometimes just boring footage of known projects (Wario)

But I'm not sure that Nintendo will publish the Wii U version of a multiplatform title...also Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper was "an exclusive", let's say...

Btwm I don't think that they'll discuss deeply about ResiRevHD tomorrow...but they could disappoint us in many other way! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom