• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

go check your Walmarts, Guitar Hero 2 street date broken :O

Link316

Banned
some dude who works at some Walmart in Arkansas said they started selling GH2, we keep Walmarts out of NYC, so I'm out of luck :(

ghiiwalmart1wj2.jpg

ghiiwalmart2yh6.jpg

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Noooooooooooooooo. Damn ye, evil retail ruler of America.

Get these to distributers, stat! Please? *pouts*

I knew it had to have been broken as in the leaked bonus song pictures you can clearly see a Wal-Mart pricing sign with that bastard yellow face.

I wonder if my Wal-Mart has it...

I think I'm off right now. There's one near my college, so I'm just going to leave early for class. WISH ME LUCK GAF

There's only about a 1% chance they will have it, but I don't care.

hah. last year it was best buy that did this.

i bet walmart are doing the same thing best buy did and selling the units sent for display.

mrwilt

Damn! That's about 2 weeks too early. I was at my local Walmart last night and all they had were the pre-order cases still.

Baker

Banned
My buddy in the StL area just left for lunch an hour early to go check it out. I'll let ya know when he gets back.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Any Columbus, OH Gaffers have any luck? All the Walmarts I've called say they don't have it. Bastards.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Very, very tempting... but I'm waiting on the 360 release (even though that means rebuying the guitar).

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Damn it the nearest Walmarts in Chicago are too far west of me.

EDIT: Has anyone tried CALLING your local Walmart? Kinda makes some sense if you don't have the time to waste a trip out there for nothing.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Link316 said:
some dude who works at some Walmart in Arkansas said they started selling GH2, we keep Walmarts out of NYC, so I'm out of luck :(

If you don't mind the drive, LI is your friend in this case ;)

I'm going today if it's there. I have to go there to pick up some .45 ammo for the range this weekend anyway. I love America.

But lemme get this straight, we get Trogdor, but we don't get any ATHF Master Shake rockers? No metal "Birthday Song?" WTF?

kenta

Has no PEINS
I just called my Wal-mart and they have it behind the glass but can't sell it. I heard her take it out and scan it (boop), she read off the description and said it was $74.97 but that it wouldn't let her sell it until 11/7.

Boo-urns :(

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Bartman3010 said:
Wal Mart ought to get in trouble for continually breaking these street dates. Has anyone taken action against these things?
Other than some very very mean letters, I find it hard to believe that a game company would break off/penalize their (probably) biggest customer.

I could see it happening with something like system launches or something, but not with software.

Drakken

Gah. I've called my Wal-Mart 3 times on both lines, but no one's picking up. This has never happened before. Weird.

Top Bottom