• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

did Nintendo address pretty much every complaint/expectation in Nintendo Direct?

It made me want to go buy a WiiU... but in like 8 months when this stuff is actually out

But I really want Yoshi's Epic Yarn and Wind Waker HD. I'll very likely have a WiiU at the end the year

Nope. Where are the new IPs? All I saw was monolith's game and that's assuming they don't call it Xenoblade 2.

More Yoshi
More Mario (Kart)
More Smash Bros
More Zelda rehashes

Enoooooooough already.
Please. Some people want these games Im all for new IP but damn all this im HD is what people want and deserve. ND definantely shitted on people today.

ranmafan

This Nintendo direct has for the first time had news that has actually interested me in wii u. I absolutely want to hear more about the shin megami tensei and fire emblem crossover. Wind waker remake is awesome. Great to hear mother 2 will be on the vc, but what about mother 1? And any news on a monolith game is great. So for me, my interest in a wii u went from zero to definitely interested, but still too early for me to buy one at the moment, but I'm sure ill get one sometime in the next year now.

So they arnt even making a new Zelda? Just a HD remake.

Is there a list of the stuff they announced for those that didnt watch it?

I dont think its a surprise that there are first party games coming. I think everyone knew that would happen. However 6 months to fix the OS problems that shouldn't be there in the first place and games that we have no idea how long it will be till they are released?

I dunno. I think to Nintendo fans this might get you excited but it doesn't sound like much to me from what I have read so far. If I see a complete list I might change my mind but I'm not convinced yet.

Pachimari

I think I'm almost sold on Wii U and I'm happy it'll take a while for the titles and updates to get here which means I'll probably get it anyway but sometime next year or fall of this year.

I'm now interested in these:

- The Wonderful 101
- Bayonetta 2
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
- The Legend of Zelda
- Mario 3D
- Mario Kart U (if it has online play)
- Smash Bros 4

I'm slightly interested in the Monolith project and Yoshi. Shin Megami Tensai X Fire Emblem is not for me.

Add to that the 2 system updates that addresses the slow switching times and the Miiverse coming to - hopefully - iPhone and iPad and I'm sold. Add to that Pikmin 3 this summer, Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate and NSMB from launch for me and the family.

My hype meter went from zero to interested. I planned on skipping Nintendo this generation but the future looks interesting.

Nintendo made me happy today - I don't care if it's the typical popular titles it's finally in HD, I skip out on WII but i feel like their going to go bananas with new titles and classics in the future so it's all positive so far

Valnen

Wind Waker over Majora's Mask makes me sad. Complete downer that made me want to shut off the stream right there.

I don't think it'll address certain complaints because the complaints had a lot to do with the complainer. But it gave a good overview of the rest of the year so for those people who apparently thought Nintendo wasn't developing anything beyond the launch window can shut up.

But how early are these games that they can't show any footage of, or even share actual names, but are still willing to promise them? They did this with Smash Bros. over a year and a half ago, and I don't like to see Nintendo repeatedly crutch on empty announcements. Yes, it's nice to know we'll see a Mario 3D platformer and a Mario Kart at E3 for certain, but that doesn't even mean they'll be coming this year.

It's the same stuff Nintendo always has to offer, hasn't changed my stance on the system ... but in five years when my daughter is ready I'll be able to get a bunch of neat-ish games really cheap!

IMBored

I hope we see some release dates on E3, the only thing I saw where announcements of announcements of games that are released in every N console.

And Xenoblade 2, looks sweet if it's single player.

Derrick01

Banned
Please. Some people want these games Im all for new IP but damn all this im HD is what people want and deserve. ND definantely shitted on people today.

That it did...

I just don't get how people can be excited for another mario kart and smash bros. Also another yoshi game but in the epic yarn format which means it'll be even more braindead than YI64 was.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
It's like they are watching GAF. The steady string of announcements in the latter half of the presentation, coupled with their statement of intent to steadily improve Miiverse and the Wii U OS in the areas that Gaffers have been complaining about for months really put this Nintendo Direct above even their last several E3 press conferences.

This is how you generate excitement for your titles without showing off too much. Now, I just hope that these games can start launching at a decent pace.

The M.O.B

March - Lego City Undercover
April - WiiFitU
May - Pikmin 3
June - Game & Wario
July - The Wonderful 101
August - Wii U Party
September - Yoshi Wii U
October - Wind Waker U
November - X
December - Bayonetta 2

Something from them every month March onward? Yes they treat Lego like it's something from them along with the plat games thats why I put them.

FrankCaron

Yes they did.
1VWTK12.gif
10/10. Fell out of my chair laughing.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
There were no releases dates and most stuff was not far enough along to show anything more than stills. :(

I like the look of the monolithsoft thing but aside from that there wasn't anything which would have me dipping into my pocket for a Wii U. I have no interest in HD remakes (especially not of Zelda, as I'm not a fan).

I'm hoping the Yoshi game is awesome, but I'm not going to get over excited until they've at least shown a little bit of it.

Westlo

More interested in the Wii U then before but that's not exactly saying much, if I do pick up a Wii U it will be after a few price drops that's for sure... and hopefully by that point in late 2014 or 2015 the SMTxFE game is actually in English and this new Zelda is out.

This felts pretty much as if MS at E3 announced said:

"Hey guys, new Xbox is awesome. And what's more we're going to release a new Halo, Forza and Gears on it. We're still developing them but they'll be there some time in the future. Meanwhile he's a Halo 2 remake and Devils Souls for the new Xbox".

By which I mean it's solid, but this won't help the Wii U much right now at all. It all seemed like they were desperate to show something, anything at all.

Yeah pretty much...

rouken

Ah here we go.

:)

can i ask you what company does this? like announce new games, several of them in fact in a month where nobody expects any new announcements would be made.

i can tell you that i've read so much pessimism in the direct thread hours before it started saying that nintendo will not deliver or will just discuss existing games because they suck. kinda like that. that's they're complaint, the games. and maybe you watched that direct too and we can agree that there were new games, which is what people were expecting.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
No mention of Wave Race = NO.
Virtual Console is so so. Too slow to materialize to its potential scope.

Apart from that, yes. Expansion of miiverse with communities is exactly what was needed.
Increasing OS speed in two waves will make people appreciate its simplicity even more.

Zelda WW HD this fall is more than I could have wished for.
Xenoblade 2 looks spectacular and already well advanced.
Mario Galaxy 3 and Mario Kart palyable at E3 means one of them could very well be a fall title.

Wonderful 101 looked as great as ever.

I love Wii U now, and by the look of it I should have multiple orgasms on it by the end of the year.

thefro

This was a great start to at least give people some things to get hyped about (new Yoshi, SMT x Fire Emblem, new Monolith Soft game, HD Wind Waker remake, new Zelda details, 3D Mario/Mario Kart/Smash @ E3).

Obviously they still have major issues with 3rd party support, etc.

tzare

i guess it is heaven for nintendo fans, not for me. Mario , MK , SMB as expected and i do not care about persona so...

The X game looks great. Wonderful 101 looks pretty good, like a clusterfuck of fun, not sure what's going on in the trailer but it looks fun. Everything else looks/sounds stupid to me. No interest in Mario, Mario Kart, or HD remakes. These announcements were made for Nintendo fans I guess.

They more or less confirmed that any sort of new Zelda for consoles is much farther off than we originally expected while at least through announcement, revealing literally everything their Japan studios currently have a hand in. The only major studio working on something we don't know about now is Retro.

I like Mario fine so that might be interesting at E3, but the Monolift game is so far off that it doesn't even have a name yet and it's hard to get too hyped for HD ports/remakes. Unless something really impressive shows up at E3 I'll probably hold off until 2014 before I buy one.

udivision

That it did...

I just don't get how people can be excited for another mario kart and smash bros. Also another yoshi game but in the epic yarn format which means it'll be even more braindead than YI64 was.

They like the games? And some of those games come out once per system, or even once per gen. Or in Yoshi's case, once per is this sereis dead?

JoeM86

So they arnt even making a new Zelda? Just a HD remake.

Is there a list of the stuff they announced for those that didnt watch it?

I dont think its a surprise that there are first party games coming. I think everyone knew that would happen. However 6 months to fix the OS problems that shouldn't be there in the first place and games that we have no idea how long it will be till they are released?

I dunno. I think to Nintendo fans this might get you excited but it doesn't sound like much to me from what I have read so far. If I see a complete list I might change my mind but I'm not convinced yet.

No, they announced the Wii U Zelda, saying it's openworld, implying some sort of co-op, but said that it'd take a long time, and that we'd have Wind Waker in the interim

f0rk

this Nintendo Direct above even their last several E3 press conferences.

Their conference this year will probably be super weak now though. They are getting out ahead of the competition because they know they won't be heard above two next gen console announcements.

1-D_FTW

Not for me to change my mind. Love Yoshi's Island, but Yoshi looks like a reskinned Kirby's Yarn game. My issue with Zelda: WW was never the graphics. The new Zelda returning to its roots and looking to adopt a Demon's (Dark) Souls structure sounds AWESOME, but that could be years before release. Mario Kart/SSB are not series I like. So, no, can't say I'm going to bite on future promises. I'll bite when they're real.

JoeM86

Not for me to change my mind. Love Yoshi's Island, but Yoshi looks like a reskinned Kirby's Yarn game. My issue with Zelda: WW was never the graphics. The new Zelda returning to its roots and looking to adopt a Demon's (Dark) Souls structure sounds AWESOME, but that could be years before release. Mario Kart/SSB are not series I like. So, no, can't say I'm going to bite on future promises. I'll bite when they're real.

Na, it goes a bit beyond Epic Yarn from the looks

Raw64life

Don't know if it addressed all the problems but it was a whole lot more than I was expecting and I'll probably be a Wii U owner by the end of the year as a result.

XaosWolf

Hell they announced some stuff I didn't expect, all of which I am more than looking forward to. Everything I want and expect from a Nintendo console.

E3 should be good for more big reveals too.

Takuya

Banned
No. Apart from their first-party stuff (which obviously everyone knew was coming) they really didn't show much. X looked promising but nothing concrete yet. When will these titles release anyway? Late 2013? 2014? A bit late imo.

WW:HD is a nice "treat" for Zelda fans, but I find the new art style is worse than the original Wind Waker.

Interfectum

Eh... HD remakes and more Mario addresses Wii U's problems? Besides Wind Waker specifically none of this is really a surprise.

glaurung

The new Direct was pretty good, but the underlying message was very clear: all these games will come out in 2015.

So, yeah, no.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
No, they announced the Wii U Zelda, saying it's openworld, implying some sort of co-op, but said that it'd take a long time, and that we'd have Wind Waker in the interim

I think that point is getting glossed over a bit by the take-my-money-now-announcement of WW HD. It's still really important to note that if Nintendo makes a online-enabled, co-op, open world Zelda title that still feels like a Zelda game, it could be the best thing I may ever play in my lifetime.

Top Bottom