• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaTen x Fire Emblem announced (Wii U)

I love these off the wall crossovers. I only wonder how much liberty they're gonna take with the SMT characters. Do they stick to just the main line stuff, or is every spin-off fair game? Cause Demifiend teaming up with Elizabeth would be godtier.

Jarekx

Nintendo is making all my dreams come true this morning. I'm more excited about the MegaTen part than the Fire Emblem, but man it'll be awesome .

EVOL 100%

What are the chances this is the start of a greater Atlus-Nintendo partnership? Personally, I find the thought very interesting.

The theoretical reaction/meltdown of a Nintendo exclusive Persona 5 would be comparable to FFXIII going multiplat.

It'd be at least Bayonetta 2 tier of tears. Maybe more.

I love these off the wall crossovers. I only wonder how much liberty they're gonna take with the SMT characters. Do they stick to just the main line stuff, or is every spin-off fair game? Cause Demifiend teaming up with Elizabeth would be godtier.

They only showed main line SMT characters, but no idea until we get more details.

Coxswain

I wouldn't have guessed that this would ever get made.

I hope it's primarily Atlus doing the mechanics, though. Their SRPGs are pretty hit and miss, but I just flat out don't really like Fire Emblem.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'll be honest, when I saw Atlus pop up at Nintendo Direct I immediatly thought, omg, they're anouncing Persona 5 for Wii U.

But this is even better, feed me more Atlus! MORE!

zroid

Banned
terrible gif, but eh

gett.gif

What are the chances this is the start of a greater Atlus-Nintendo partnership? Personally, I find the thought very interesting.

The theoretical reaction/meltdown of a Nintendo exclusive Persona 5 would be comparable to FFXIII going multiplat.

That already started a generation ago. DS got Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor 2, Strange Journey, 3ds got Devil Survivor Overclocked, SMT 4, Soul Hackers

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So, just drawing from mainline SMTs for protagonists? As in, the segment of the franchise that has only had one game localized for the west, whose sales have been dwarfed by most of the spinoffs? Seems, uh, a bit limited if they want to hook western audiences on familiarity.

Despera

Banned
NEW SMT

AH

GOD

WHAT

Don't even know what it is and I AM HYPED TO SHIT.

EDIT: Wait, is this Hashino's surprise collaboration? IS HASHINO WORKING ON THIS?

HOLY FUCK THE POSSIBILITIES AAAAAAAAAAH
I was thinking that as well. This could be the surprise collaboration he talked about.

Who needs Famitsu surprise scoops when you've got Iwata Direct to save the day.

MechaX

Definitely the best part.

You know, now that I look at it, there are no characters there that didn't appear in an official US release (The FE6 group got a cameo in 7 at least).

It's kind of the inverse to the SMT side, where only SMT III (and eventually IV) had U.S. releases, but yet SMT I, II, and If... characters are featured.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Shouldn't they just ask Atlus to make a Wii U SMT instead, and they also do a full FE on Wii U? That would be preferable to me, rather than a collaboration that won't be a serious entry in either series. I'm sure it can be awesome in its own right and I'd play it if that happens if I then have a Wii U, but still. Maybe it's setting the stage for separate titles... That would be rad.

What's up with Fire Emblem lately, anyway? Felt like Shadow Dragon forced the series back into Japan for a while there, now we've got a brand new game releasing very soon and a big collab title for a home console. Crazy.

Fisico

At first i thought they were announcing Persona 5 for Wii U, I imagined the bomb on gaf and then i saw Fire Emblem and... WAIT, WHAT, WTF ?

randomkid

It's kind of the inverse to the SMT side, where only SMT III (and eventually IV) had U.S. releases, but yet SMT I, II, and If... characters are featured.

Ha, Strange Journey officially demoted! Also funny to see Chiaki from SMT3 get top billing.

Sadist

What's up with Fire Emblem lately, anyway? Felt like Shadow Dragon forced the series back into Japan for a while there, now we've got a brand new game releasing very soon and a big collab title for a home console. Crazy.
Fire Emblem Awakening being the best selling game in years for the franchise is what happened

Top Bottom