• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 extended TGS trailer+ weapon details

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Extended version of the TGS trailer is up. New footage is mostly character and story related stuff.
Trailer

There's also two weapon demonstration videos for the Charge Spear. While both clips showcase the weapons functions, the second shows off the new Blood Arts in combat.
Charge Spear demonstration
Charge Spear w/ Blood Arts

This game will also introduce God Arc Soldiers. It seems as though they'll fight alongside you in place of AI controlled allies on the field.

LF4lmzs.jpg

pHHi65i.jpg

jKUs9cd.jpg

UIR0uvT.jpg

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Was God Eater 1 the same that people wore regular clothings while wielding anime-ass anime weapons?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Was God Eater 1 the same that people wore regular clothings while wielding anime-ass anime weapons?

Haha, yah that's the one. This time they took the anime hair full-force too so now we've got the complete package.

Tizoc

Any word on this game's English release? Is it worth playing God Eater 1 for that matter, if I only focus on the SP?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Any word on this game's English release? Is it worth playing God Eater 1 for that matter, if I only focus on the SP?

Sadly, no word on it. It's possible that Xseed could pick it up though but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

And the first game is at its best if you're playing MP, but the SP mode is very accommodating. You have AI team members to bring with you for missions and they surprisingly aren't terrible at helping you. So even if you're playing alone, you shouldn't run into any issues like unbalanced difficulty or garbage AI.
The game's mad repetitive though. If you don't enjoy the combat system or crafting new weapons and clothes, you may find your enjoyment diminish as you play.

Stark

Banned
Probably will import this.

Loving the gameplay improvements. Redhead(?) will be mine- Actually, she is mine.

kuroshiki

Funny how a psp port is looking better than most Vita games.

Vita version added self shadow, high res texture, real time lighting, and 4X resolution to boot. It's not a 'port'. It's actually a def version.

Now Namco and Sony should man up and add wifi play and I will be a happy man.

I imagine you'll have the choice of bringing God Arc soldiers or named characters with you on the field considering we saw the player character fighting along side named allies in the trailer.

I wonder what the draw of using the God Arc Soldiers will be though. At least, in terms of their effectiveness versus your other allies.

Also, I think GEB is good enough if you're just playing on your own. I played the entire game in single player and found it to be a pretty enjoyable experience.

The story was good too, especially later on where (DON'T READ IF YOU'RE PLANNING ON PLAYING THE GAME)
they subverted the silent protagonist trope, almost shat my pants at that scene. So good.

EDIT: Ok, I just noticed now from the screens that the God Arc Soldiers are like 2 times the size of the player character. Really would like some more information on them.

Maedhros

Vita version added self shadow, high res texture, real time lighting, and 4X resolution to boot. It's not a 'port'. It's actually a def version.

Wi-fi play was already announced, wasn't it?

Lain

It looks pretty good.
I really hope it'll get a western release. I liked God Eater a lot (enough to buy a digital version to play on Vita) and would love to have this sequel.

cyborg009

Banned
I imagine you'll have the choice of bringing God Arc soldiers or named characters with you on the field considering we saw the player character fighting along side named allies in the trailer.

I wonder what the draw of using the God Arc Soldiers will be though. At least, in terms of their effectiveness versus your other allies.

Also, I think GEB is good enough if you're just playing on your own. I played the entire game in single player and found it to be a pretty enjoyable experience.

The story was good too, especially later on where (DON'T READ IF YOU'RE PLANNING ON PLAYING THE GAME)
they subverted the silent protagonist trope, almost shat my pants at that scene. So good.

EDIT: Ok, I just noticed now from the screens that the God Arc Soldiers are like 2 times the size of the player character. Really would like some more information on them.

Same here, that scene was amazing.

Twinduct

Adhoc? Sure there will be Adhoc, considering the PSP version's only real MP option.

Put me on the "I hope it comes over list." I bought the first one and really enjoyed it

Someone mentioned in the other thread Namco is bringing One Piece on the PS3 over but not the Vita version which doesn't inspire much hope :(

Close up of characters on the Vita for comparison with the post above.

As you can see, it looks 10x better on Vita as opposed to the PSP.

There are a lot of close ups in the trailer as well which shows off the difference in detail even more.

lepo

This game looks beautiful, I dig the art style and the gameplay seems pretty solid
I will import this for sure

Verelios

Yes, yes, yes, yes, butter for my Vita!

Really hope they hurry up and get this over here. I'm still having a blast with Burst.

When I buy this it will be with a Vita.

No way I can play this on PSP after seeing that Vita footage + screens.

I'm so glad they changed their minds after their initial reveal with the Type-0 look. That was horrible.

hey guys, PS Vita version is going to have trophy support right?

I don't see why it wouldn't. Vita games normally have trophies don't they? This game is getting a spruced up Vita version so I imagine trophies will be included.

Another comparison, this time Kouta from GE:B to God Eater 2.

Can't find a PSP comparison for Kanon, but they did reveal her new look for GE2.

Players of God Eater: Burst will be able to tell from the name, but Erina is
the sister of Eric der Vogelweid who died early on in the first game. She finally got her wish to become a God Eater.

Good gawd at those comparison pics. I really hope someone localizes this. I dropped heaps of hours on the first game and enjoyed every minute of it.

Can you change the main character's appearance like in the first game?

Yes, customization is a big part of God Eater so it will naturally be returning again.

Looks to be Blood squad's mobile home base interior.
chv3TVp.jpg

New Aragami type Marduk
UYH9mxC.png

After some speculating I remembered reading before that you'll visit numerous locations throughout the game, including branches. If you look in the trailer, you'll see Blood squad's home base including the Den from God Eater: Burst. Considering it's used in the trailer as a backdrop for GE:B characters giving their dialogue, and the fact that Blood's home base is mobile, that the events in the trailer cover some part of the story when Blood squad is operating near the Den, or near the area that the events of the first game take place in. I'm wondering how many God Eater branches we'll visit throughout the game, and how many new allies will appear as a result of visiting these new locations.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I don't think they have. I'm guessing because there are less and less multiplayer games for the Vita shipping without online that it would be seen as unnecessary.

I think the Hammer might be the coolest of the new weapon types. I'm not too keen on the shotgun.

I only really messed with bullets in my second playthrough and I still found them to be somewhat confusing to utilize effectively.

Thank the maker for online guides/bullets.

Top Bottom