• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mercenary details from Polish magazine, showing back up next (this?) week

Cyberia

We can expect a update on the game this week.

Posted on 26 January, 2013 at 3:21 pm by Fred Dutton

We’ll be talking more about KZ:M next week, so I’ll leave you hanging for now!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/26/the-weekend-playlist-26th-january-2013/#comment-338969

A new issue of a Polish magazine has already hit the internet with some new pictures and the first details. Some of them are as follow:

- Engine is nearly 1:1 from PS3 version
- They added a few new gimmicks to the engine, so they can utilize more PS Vita
- Game is gorgeous, clear and crispy textures, big draw distances
- Character models are awesome, the same with animation
- Stable FPS even with gigantic action inside levels
- Literally - game is like portable Killzone 3, looking better than Uncharted.

It looks absolutely staggering.

---

MB2ZQTr.jpg

http://www.ppe.pl/news-20440-PSX_Extreme_185_od_srody_w_kioskach!.html

RoKKeR

Can't wait for what they have in store for this game. Could be a huge lift for Vita sales if it blows people away.

DieH@rd

Banned
- Engine is nearly 1:1 from PS3 version
- They added a few new gimmicks to the engine, so they can utilize more PS Vita
- Game is gorgeous, clear and crispy textures, big draw distances
- Character models are awesome, the same with animation
- Stable FPS even with gigantic action inside levels
- Literally - game is like portable Killzone 3, looking better than Uncharted.

wow.gif
This souns delicious! Finaly some big 1st party effort after launch of the console. I cant wait for more previews and media.

i-Lo

GG's ability to create beautiful and atmospheric worlds, great gun play, splendid animation are matched their incompetence pertaining to plot, characters and dialogues. This franchise could have been so much more and yet they continue to pummel at the wrong direction.

Golden Abyss looks shit compared to PS3 version. Maybe they're emphasizing that it looks more like PS3 Killzone when compared to Uncharted's look compared to PS3.

I would contest that given the mitigating factor presented by the small screen size.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm expecting it to look a LOT better than the mediocre debut which was a long time ago now. Hopefully more details on the SP campaign which is all I care about.

Deadbeat said:
Oh god more touchscreen bullshit.

If that's all we get then we'll have dodged a massive bullet. No motion or back touch crap will feel refreshing.

Musiol

Just to clear things - there will be a lot of new information but for now - I can't write a thing. But believe - it's worth for waiting. I think that embargoes will go up somewhere around Wednesday.

Iacobellis

I'm expecting it to look a LOT better than the mediocre debut which was a long time ago now. Hopefully more details on the SP campaign which is all I care about.

If that's all we get then we'll have dodged a massive bullet. No motion or back touch crap will feel refreshing.

I wouldn't mind more gyro aiming for the sniper rifles similar to U:GA.

Sorry for requesting links to scans, wasn't thinking.

If there's a price cut or a nice bundle around release, this game could probably make me finally take the plunge.

I wouldn't mind more gyro aiming for the sniper rifles similar to U:GA.

I don't know how similar it was to Killzone 2's sniper/Sixaxis implementation, but I loved that. It was great for making tiny adjustments in aiming, and I was really bummed when I got to the first sniping section of Killzone 3 and couldn't do it.

Foshy

But for every little good idea you get scratching away sand/dirt. Its better if theres an option to turn off the gimmicks.
And that "point your Vita towards the sun" gimmick.

Honestly, I didn't even mind scratching dirt too much, but that one is just straight-up bullshit.

This might be the game that shows the potential of a powerful, gaming-exclusive handheld like the Vita. Let's hope it is 1) good, and 2) Sony advertises it.

Iacobellis

Eh, looks like they're sticking with KZ3's "colorful" outdoors environments. Was hoping they went back to KZ2 style.

Colorful environments would look amazing on the OLED screen. I need something to get the dull aftertaste from BO: Declassified out of my mouth.

Duffyside

Banned
I don't even like Killzone really, and I'm excited for this. The environments look wonderful. Just don't like the forced touchscreen crap.

Hard to tell from the tiny screen shots, but it looks very comparable to the PS3 version.

Color me impressed....hope the multiplayer is scaled down and plays more like KZ2.

Edit: Where are you people seeing Tearaway?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
And I am hyped. Can't wait to see people truly start to tap the Vita hardware. Uncharted looked great aside from IQ and it was a launch game.

Also, if the gameplay is as good as KZ2 (or even 3 really) it will be a system seller. If I showed any of my casual friends an FPS looking and playing as good as KZ on a freaking handheld they would lose it.

Famassu

Oh god more touchscreen bullshit. Please have an option to turn off this shit.

Uhh.. dude, that doesn't sound like anything gameplay related. They talk about making some adjustments to the ENGINE, and given that (IIRC) they are using the same engine they used for KZ3, it simply means they are utilizing Vita's hardware better for the game and are doing some neat-o stuff with some effects or something, which has nothing to do with what they are doing with the gameplay.

V_Ben

Banned
I am so looking forward to this. Cambridge are a fantastic studio, and the game stars whole new characters! That's what has me most excited.

Top Bottom