• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mercenary details from Polish magazine, showing back up next (this?) week

This?
ivAqSWdqlBg81.gif

wasn't so keen before.

DAY ONE.

that looks amazing

demolitio

Oh man! Oh man oh god oh Man!

Cant wait for some new footage. And please dont be a Unit 13-knockoff!

I don't think we have to worry since Unit 13 seemed more like an attempt to have something ready for launch that shooter fans would enjoy while also being low budget compared to other games. It was almost like a shooter fix that also let Zipper and Sony test out ideas for a handheld game.

It could be similar in some ways, but they need this game to be bigger than that and to convince people to pick up a Vita which means there has to be a little more substance I think. I love Unit 13, but they need more for this game.

Iacobellis

All of this sounds too good to be true. There must be some compromise, I guess the game will run in super low res like most PS Vita games, and it will still look bad despite all the glorious textures, special effects and framerate.

It's being made by a first party. Uncharted looks better than most games out now and that was a day one launch title.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
6 hours maybe.

Both PS3 games took me longer than 6 hours to complete. Maybe if you play on easy...

Elite is no cake walk, and makes for fun and engaging battles without frustration. (minus Radec)

Also Killzone 1 was a MUCH beefier campaign.

Edit: Speaking of which they should totally sell an LE of this with Killzone 1 HD for Vita as a bonus. Would buy in a heartbeat.

Teknoman

Isnt Soul Sacrifice supposed to release in NA around March?

EDIT:
- Engine is nearly 1:1 from PS3 version
- They added a few new gimmicks to the engine, so they can utilize more PS Vita
- Game is gorgeous, clear and crispy textures, big draw distances
- Character models are awesome, the same with animation
- Stable FPS even with gigantic action inside levels
- Literally - game is like portable Killzone 3, looking better than Uncharted.

Thats what i'm talking about. As long as they dont overdo it on extra motion/touch features. Just use it if it actually adds to the fun factor/gives better control.

Iacobellis

Isnt Soul Sacrifice supposed to release in NA around March?

EDIT:
- Engine is nearly 1:1 from PS3 version
- They added a few new gimmicks to the engine, so they can utilize more PS Vita
- Game is gorgeous, clear and crispy textures, big draw distances
- Character models are awesome, the same with animation
- Stable FPS even with gigantic action inside levels
- Literally - game is like portable Killzone 3, looking better than Uncharted.

Thats what i'm talking about. As long as they dont overdo it on extra motion/touch features. Just use it if it actually adds to the fun factor/gives better control.

SS only comes out in March in Japan. I am hoping for an early summer release, like May/June. Resistance and Gravity Rush kept me fulfilled for most of the summer last year.

Very stoked for this.

Is it this week that the SCEA/SCEE arms of Sony will divulge info?

Apparently, some glossed over extractions from earlier in the thread, mentioned a release date is contained in the preview info?

Iacobellis

Very stoked for this.

Is it this week that the SCEA/SCEE arms of Sony will divulge info?

Apparently, some glossed over extractions from earlier in the thread, mentioned a release date is contained in the preview info?

I hope. A release date for before September will make me a very happy person.

Bades

Neo Member
I'm just curious, was there much hype behind the Resistance: Burning Skies release? I got pretty excited for that only to be let down majorly. That was an absolutely terrible entry in an otherwise enjoyable series. Hopefully this second AAA FPS effort on the Vita proves better.

VanWinkle

I'm just curious, was there much hype behind the Resistance: Burning Skies release? I got pretty excited for that only to be let down majorly. That was an absolutely terrible entry in an otherwise enjoyable series. Hopefully this second AAA FPS effort on the Vita proves better.

Not really. The first time we saw it last E3 it looked very underwhelming.

Gadirok

The difference between this game and that game is that its not made by nihlistic. That should already give you an idea of the difference in quality.

Bades

Neo Member
The difference between this game and that game is that its not made by nihlistic. That should already give you an idea of the difference in quality.

I suppose, but this developer has never made a Vita game before, and their last handheld title was an underwhelming KZ: Liberation (albeit of a different genre).

VanWinkle

I suppose, but this developer has never made a Vita game before, and their last handheld title was an underwhelming KZ: Liberation (albeit of a different genre).

Their last game was LittleBigPlanet for PSP, which averaged 87/100. Guerilla made Liberation (and I don't know how you got underwhelming; it was very well loved); Cambridge, now a part of Guerilla, is making Killzone: Mercenary.

DiscoJer

Liberation is often considered to be the best Killzone game. Which might not be saying much, but...

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Liberation is often considered to be the best Killzone game. Which might not be saying much, but...

lol wut?

I would say it is the worst KZ game.

Not saying its bad, its rather good.

KZ2>>>>KZ3>KZ1>KZL

Killzone 2 is one of the best FPS games of all time.

KZ3 was rushed, and not as polished, but still great.

KZ1 was buggy, and ran like shit, but also had the meatiest and most varied campaign.

KZL was a great game all around, but just is not as good as the main franchise IMO.

I won't have a bad word said about Killzone: Liberation, and the only downside to Killzone: Mercenary is that it isn't a Liberation 2.

Without a doubt, one of the finest multiplayer games you could ever hope to play. It dominated my ad-hoc multiplayer sessions with friends from release.

All-in on Airfield, so good. So many tactics. So many ruses. The remote mines under health-packs, hidden under bodies or deployed deftly using the isometric perspective. The brutal pistol. The Helghast AR with its knockdown. The M82 and its great range. The stA-11 SMG ballet between two players. The grenade herding into a ferocious M13 shelling.

Everything about Liberation was tip-top. Remains to this day my favourite multiplayer in the franchise.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I thought it was OK, but was probably rushed a bit too much to get out a FPS on the Vita to take advantage of the twin sticks. I think with a little more time it could have been polished a bit and been a much better experience...

...of course they also could have gotten a developer other than Nihilistic....

Oshimai

I really hope this game supports 16+ players online. The bullet-points on the OP is getting me hyped for the game and I really hope the devs can replicate the awesome hit reactions from the previous Killzone games on the PS3.

All I know is, Sony is starting the hype train early this year. Get your ticket ready, it's going to be a long ride!

Every time I read your name, I want fish tacos. Unfortunately not a lot of places sell 'em around my area.

I really hope this game supports 16+ players online. The bullet-points on the OP is getting me hyped for the game and I really hope the devs can replicate the awesome hit reactions from the previous Killzone games on the PS3.

Every time I read your name, I want fish tacos. Unfortunately not a lot of places sell 'em around my area.

If Medal of Honor Heroes for the psp could have 32 player multiplayer in 2006 then Killzone can definitely support 16.

Ein Bear

To be fair, I honestly thought that the core moving and shooting in Burning Skies felt really good. The game itself just suffered from some bland level design and serious bugs.

With some more time/money invested into it, it could have been so much better.

The reaction from this forum to the real KZ2 unveil is still unlike anything i've seen. That thread is/was hilarious.

The thing was, the final build was in some ways BETTER than that trailer, when people were saying that it just couldn't be done. Sony have some of the best first party devs out there and have pretty much wrung the cell processor dry in creating some of the best visuals I've seen on a console.

maverick40

The thing was, the final build was in some ways BETTER than that trailer, when people were saying that it just couldn't be done. Sony have some of the best first party devs out there and have pretty much wrung the cell processor dry in creating some of the best visuals I've seen on a console.

Yeah, they really stepped their game up for the ps3. Their 1st party studios are argueably the best in the world. Naughty dog, Santa Monica,Polyphony and Guerrilla Games are the benchmarks for games development imo.

Rand6

Killzone PS4 will blow your mind XD

slider

The reaction from this forum to the real KZ2 unveil is still unlike anything i've seen. That thread is/was hilarious.

I don't remember that unfortunately. But I do remember the early leaked jaggi-tastic shadow on a wall which had people freaking out. Wish I could the exact context and how folk were freaking out. It was cool that fears were eventually allayed.

meta4

lol. Where is this gif from? I remember the funny quotes around KZ2 during the console wars

UrbanDictionary said:
killzowned: to be dominated, humiliated, or proven wrong in relation to Killzone 2.

This one was the best console warrior post though

My people, sons and daughters of Sony. This much I vow. The history of this console generation will be written in blood. By crushing the fanboys of our enemy. By releasing the best game in the genre they thought to use against us.. we are fighting for our consoles very existence. But if there are those who want to deny us enjoyment. Refuse us our rightful place in this console generation. Then we will unleash such terrible vengeance that generations of xbots yet unborn will cry out in anguish!

Cant wait for E3 2013 to bring us many more gems.

I don't remember that unfortunately. But I do remember the early leaked jaggi-tastic shadow on a wall which had people freaking out. Wish I could the exact context and how folk were freaking out. It was cool that fears were eventually allayed.

Here's the thread. It's obviously extremely long, but the fun kicks off on page 22 (if you have you page limit set to 100 posts)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170302

That's when the impressions and screens start rolling in. Sadly, most of the gifs are dead now since they're on banned image hosts.

Top Bottom