• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your "price ceiling" for the next-gen systems?

sflufan

Banned
In other words, what's the absolute most you're willing to spend (in either dollars or euros) at launch and beyond which you'll say, "Nah, I'll wait for a while"?

For me, it's probably in the region of $650.

Pagusas

Elden Member
$500 for any "deluxe" version released. I really think 499 should be the price point.

I do wonder though, will MS extend there "2 year live contract" subsidy program? If they give you $200 off the new xbox for a 2 year contract (im going to be paying for live anyway!) I would do it.

rockx4

$400 unless they have some truly amazing games at launch, and by truly amazing it has to look a lot better than anything I've seen released on PC or other consoles before the systems launch.

I can't see the consoles being priced higher than I'd be willing to spend, which isn't very high.

The days of $599 are over.

The Lamp

I paid that for PS3, awesome investment would do it again no problem.

Same here, though I paid $500 back in 2007. Nearly 6 years of gaming bliss + blu ray player was worth it.

I'm ready to fork over what it takes (if there's at least 1 launch game I really want)

Coxy

€450 if it comes with everything I need to actually use it, no paying for an external hard drive or similar bullshit

400-450 is about the highest I'm comfortable with and it better not only have a great lineup but some darn good backwards compatibility. Otherwise I'll play the waiting game.

I'd love to be able to buy a piece of next gen @ 450$. But I'm a realist: 500$ will be the starting price.

No 599.99$ us dollars yet gaf? ;)

I can't say I have a ceiling, because I'm one of the idiots that bought a PS3 for 599 knowing full well it had no games, but if I had a wish it would be 450 for PS3 and 400 for Xbox. Regardless, they're both getting bought. The best experiences I had this past gen were almost exclusively third party games, but the sheer amount of greatness on XBLA and PSN as well as their exclusives is why I don't just want both, but neeeeeed both.

I don't think I'll be buying any system for over $249.

Unless The Last Guardian is a PS4 launch title or something, then they can take all my money.

Top Bottom