• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Probably fake rumour: Alien Noire website countdown for Prey 2

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Alien Noire, with a countdown.

And the source code reveals all.

1359801848912c4j4w.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
2366865 seconds
39447 minutes
657 hours
27 days

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm relieved this project isn't put in the ground after all, looking forward to see what they're up to.

Kritz

Banned
Surely there's a better way to have a countdown timer than just throwing Javascript onto your page. Then again I ain't no web developer.

Wonder if the game will be renamed. I don't know who on earth is excited for Prey: Another One. How about... Space Dogs. Spacing Dogs. then again I ain't no marketer.

I... ain't much of anything, come to think of it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Good detective work. Man, this game looked so promising, so this is definitely a good news. I hope it's for the next-gen platforms now, even cross-gen would do fine.

Dusky

Yes finally! Glad to see it's still alive.

I could definitely see this as being an exclusive for 720 now.

EatChildren

I updated the thread title because, honestly, I have no idea if it's legit or not. Could be rich creamy bullshit!

Fjordson

Oh shit, I will be overjoyed if this is still alive!

Though I worry about the state it'll come out in after the issues between Human Head and Bethesda.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Don't play with my emotions like this man! :mad:
I pray Prey 2 is alive. Please let it be so and faithful to the original developer walkthroughs they showed.

Human Head? Weren't all the rumors pointing toward them being taken off the project? And the lost a lot of major talent last year (lead programmer, lead graphics programmer, combat designer, audio director etc.).

Manager

Registrant Contact:
Private Registrant dnstech@aliennoire.com
The Collective
17677 S. Muskogee Ave
Tahlequah, OK 74464
US

"The Collective" is in Prey 2, Dra’Gar one of the leaders:

The second of the two missions saw Killian get his bounty hunter boots on and head after a target. This is after he chased – and killed – an ambient target that his visor picked up on the streets. The target: Dra’Gar, the Collective Leader. Whereabouts: unknown. Objective: capture alive. First things first then, find the whereabouts of the target. Killian’s first job is to see out Knux, an informant, and after locating him via parkour and dispatching his hired thugs, he’s more than happy to help – shock!
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...tructuring-the-Franchise;-No-Portals-Too.html

Prey-3-005.jpg

He is a new character from Prey 2. He is a mafia gang leader with the ability to teleport. He is wanted by the regime for connections to an uprising with a bounty paying 1000 CR, collateral damage acceptable! http://prey.wikia.com/wiki/Dra'Gar

That wikia says "Affiliation: Ceros Collective" though, maybe they switched names.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have very little hope for this game after how trouble the development seems.

I'm shocked they're still going through with it to be honest.

vivftp

I have very little hope for this game after how trouble the development seems.

I'm shocked they're still going through with it to be honest.

The game seemed pretty ambitious compared to the original Prey. I hope they decided to make it for next gen as the open world idea of the game was great from what we saw, but it could be epic if made for next gen systems.

Those markings on the top of the page are almost identical to the game logo. Bet it'll morph into the logo when the 'countdown' ends.

iS2fCv4l.jpg

By the gods, it's alive.

gabbre

Alien Noire? Too similar to L.A. Noire, R* si already calling the lawyers.
Anyway, I hope it's not a fake

wotta

Prey 2 is alive :D :D :D :D :D Saw it at gamescom at a private press showing a few years back. Looks incredible. Next Gen incredible I reckon.

Top Bottom